The Official Tennessee vs. Ole Miss Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

I was at the game. It was awesome and I know you can’t stand me being a realist. VOLS played good against another crappy team. Let’s see how you react when we play actual teams in February. The last two teams we have played couldn’t beat the Lady Vols

I hope you don’t truly believe your last sentence, it would be a blood bath. Here’s the thing, you’ve mentioned multiple times when we win how “crappy” the opponent is, is every team in D1 crappy outside the Top 30-40 teams? South Carolina beats Kentucky, but they’re crappy in your mind. If we finish Top 5-6 in this league by beating most of the “crappy” teams in the league, what does it matter? Just because you lose to LSU/UK/Auburn doesn’t mean we suck or “are the worst team in 25 years”.

Reactions: StarRaider
I attribute that as much to the opponent. Vescovi is predictable. He come down and dribble left just about every time. OM has a scout on him and we’re running that trap. He made several mistakes where the ball got lose, but we recovered it. A couple of times he was bailed out by a foul. It’s very obvious on film what to do to disrupt UTs offense.

it hasn’t mattered quality of opponent Vescovi has struggled with turnovers, so I’m not sure I buy that it’s only the opponent.

it hasn’t mattered quality of opponent Vescovi has struggled with turnovers, so I’m not sure I buy that it’s only the opponent.
i still think he struggled in the same area, he just got bailed out a few times. But, OM just wasn’t a tough match up.

i still think he struggled in the same area, he just got bailed out a few times. But, OM just wasn’t a tough match up.
Watching him dribble the ball in circles makes one wonder if he has any clue what Barnes expects of him.

Their guards are their strength, I’m not saying he was perfect but as individuals and as a team it looked better last night taking care of the ball.

I was at the game. It was awesome and I know you can’t stand me being a realist. VOLS played good against another crappy team. Let’s see how you react when we play actual teams in February. The last two teams we have played couldn’t beat the Lady Vols
Good for u, glad u enjoyed it. I will react the same way I always do when UT plays poorly, pissy. But where are these great teams u speak of ? Looks like every team in the SEC could lose to any other team in the SEC. Ole Miss lost by 4 to LSU, Saturday. The SEC sucks this year and UT has already played the best team. We have UK twice, but we almost always beat them at TBA

There really is a poster like this in every forum isn't there. Ones that can't accept a win without a caveat. If you were in school in 1985 (I was), your point of reference is pretty low. The basketball team was sub-500 and very boring. Probably the worst basketball season from a pep band standpoint after an awesome football outcome from the POTS member standpoint. This team is better overall talent wise and better coached.

Their guards are their strength, I’m not saying he was perfect but as individuals and as a team it looked better last night taking care of the ball.
Good game. Glad I went. I thought Pons was the only player that struggled offensively. He had some nice blocks though.

It was a luxury to rotate 9 in that game. I think Pember got in very late, but never at a critical juncture. I’d like to see Gaines and Jalen improve enough to cut Bowden to 30 minutes.

VN Store

Back