The Official Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread, 4:00 pm ET, SECN

Ladies and Gents,

Today we send off some fine young men as Seniors that have been through hell for us.

Be sure to be extra LOUD today and show how much we appreciate the blood, sweat and tears they have devoted to all of us that love Tennessee and our footVol team so much.

We need to make their last game in Neyland as special as we can make it because today will be their last memory in the greatest stadium on Earth in front of the greatest fans anywhere.

THANK YOU Seniors for all you've done to try to make every gameday special for all of us!!!

You guys will be a VFL for all eternity.

Go have fun and a great Senior Day and KICK those Commode Doors butts HARD and give them a bad memory they'll never forget!

#Building a Champion...#BrickbyBrick...#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Wow out of 19 seniors only 9 I consider played substantial time unless you count the place kick holder. Plus in that 9 I counted McNeil but he lost significant time too. We really are still young.

I wish there was some way to coordinate Neyland so that when vandy ran out onto the field no one booed or acknowledged them at all. 100k people just looking at their phones ignoring them.

One fan's perspective, with fond memories of many of our departing seniors:

Pig Howard -- story after story comes to mind, not all good, but none that weren't good-hearted.

Marcus Jackson -- freak injury took away what should've been his finest hour.

Curt Maggitt -- the living story of perseverance through the Vols' Dark Ages. And a beast of a player, king of a leader.

Alex Ellis -- who will ever forget Alex' TD where the Vols fan fell out of the stands congratulating him?

Matt Giampapa -- long snappers are the ghosts of football teams; if they play well, no one knows their name ... no one knows Matt's name, but he's all Vol.

Pat Ashford -- immortalized together with Alex Ellis for the fake FG ==> TD in the TaxSlayer Bowl.

Kyler Kerbyson -- the senior leader of an improving OL this year.

Mack Crowder -- big heart, once starting center and still contributor.

Owen Williams -- papa bear of a rapidly-improving group of DTs shoring up the DLine.

Brian Randolph and LaDarrell McNeil -- outstanding S duo who helped carry the defense out of the Dark Ages.

Johnathon Johnson -- clutch receiver, underappreciated by many. Made some key, key catches this year and last to keep drives alive.

Von Pearson -- so explosive and quick, like watching a circus show once he had the ball in his hands.

Chris Weatherd -- never quite found his niche for a starting role, but was always there when it was time to crash the house on obvious pass plays.

Trevarris Saulsberry -- injury-plagued, but a valuable player-coach for his squad.

Nate Renfro, RDA IV, Max Arnold -- these are the three I'm sad to say I didn't get to know.

With very best wishes to all these lads for lives of health and happiness and great success. Vols for Life.

Reactions: 7 people
Tennessee pulls away in the 2nd half winning a tough 24-14 game over Vanderbilt and finishing the regular season 8-4.

Good morning Vol fans. II expect a great game today, hopefullyour offense can put points on the board. Thanks to all the seniors that stuck it out.

Go Vols!

My brother-in-law is a real big Vandy fan. I told him that would be of benefit to his kids because learning humility at a young age is awfully important.

I hope our coaches and players don't drag their feet today. I want vandy to lose by atleast 3 td's.

Reactions: 1 person
Any word on the field conditions?

Someone posted that they were having the old keeper come and look at it. Did they do anything to it?

Thanks...great info. After reading all that, it is even more apparent to me that we are headed in the right direction.

I am proud of this team and their accomplishments! Let's finish it right and beat candy, then a bowl game win! That would be a 9-4 season and a solid season!

Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back