The Official Western Carolina @ Tennessee Game Thread (Tues. April 23 6PM EST) (SECNET+)

Looks like somebody is finally going to be useful at Thanksgiving!
My mom rarely let me help prior to being 15 years old.

I'd tell her she has some control issues and my normal thing that I'd jokingly say to my parents since I was around 12-13 years old and that would be that I have Child Protective Services on speed dial for stuff like the amount of ice cream I was allowed to have or some other nonsense.

Another example was I'd have to be home 9 pm in 9th grade, 10pm in 10th grade etc. It was never much of an issue anyway because 98-99% I was already at my house with my friends.

I was blessed with 2 very good parents who were into parenting and we (THEY) were and are very well off. Or as they would say, "we're comfortable" which you guys know what that means.

I'd tell her she has some control issues and my normal thing that I'd jokingly say to my parents since I was around 12-13 years old and that would be that I have Child Protective Services on speed dial for stuff like the amount of ice cream I was allowed to have or some other nonsense.

Another example was I'd have to be home 9 pm in 9th grade, 10pm in 10th grade etc. It was never much of an issue anyway because 98-99% I was already at my house with my friends.

I was blessed with 2 very good parents who were into parenting and we (THEY) were and are very well off. Or as they would say, "we're comfortable" which you guys know what that means.
Good for you and them!

Or, as granddaddy used to say,

“If your nuts have dropped, you can help around the house.”

(ok, he didn’t actually say that, but it is true.)

WCU reliever #5's day is done after 11 pitches and 0 K's. WCU reliever #6 to the mound.

Taylor pinch hitting for Peebles - BB (4-pitch walk).

Moore - BB.

*Runners on 2B and 1B with no outs*

WCU reliever #6's day is done after 10 pitches and 0 K's. WCU reliever #7 to the mound.

VOLS lead 9-4. Bottom of the 8th.

WCU reliever #6's day is done after 10 pitches and 0 K's. WCU reliever #7 to the mound.

*Runners on 2B and 1B with no outs*

Burke - Ground out to 1B.

*Runners on 3B and 2B with 1 out*

Amick - 3-RUN DONG TO THE PORCHES FOR BILLY BARRELS!!! 2nd HR of the night for Amick.

Lohry pinch hitting for Tears - Backwards K.

Payne pinch hitting for Dreiling - K.

VOLS lead 12-4. End of the 8th.

WCU reliever #6 is at 18 pitches and 2 K's. WCU pitchers have 9 K's on the day.

Or, as granddaddy used to say,

“If your nuts have dropped, you can help around the house.”

(ok, he didn’t actually say that, but it is true.)
My oldest grandsons are 16 and 14. I informed both of them that the 1st time either one of them act like they want to go chest up on their Papa…they will see both of their Nanas sooner rather than later. And both of them will say: “I love you, but you had it coming!”

VN Store

Back