The One Thing Tyndall has Mastered

One thing I really liked about Tyndall when he came here was his understanding of scheduling.
He showed this his last two seasons by having his team positioned in the RPI rankings for seeding at tourney time.
Unfortunately he lived in a one horse conference.

Even at 5-4 and this early in the season he has this young team positioned for a bubble run or better, sitting currently at RPI 64.
Why? Look at the SOS. Who would have believed this young team would have survived the 8th toughest schedule in the country.
Repeat: SOS #8.
Win the next 3 games and you'll hold that going into conference play.
Just a game over .500 SEC run will give these guys a Bubble shot. An upset or 2 along the way and you dance.
Your thoughts.

Too early to even think about the NCAA's, and UT's RPI is'nt 64, it's more like 67/68+ and will get worse. Beating Tenn Tech by 3 wont get you far. And there are SEC teams that will thump our skulls.

Unfortunately he can't control the SEC, only playing Florida and Kentucky once means our SOS is gonna drop like cement in an ocean over these next 3 games and then into SEC play. I don't see us being a bubble team if we are 18-12 heading into the SECT, I think we would likely have to win at least 2 and possibly even 3 games in the SECT for us to even be in the conversation. It's why that Nc State game was so big, only chance at a OOC road win that would've really boosted our RPI, committee puts a lot of stock into road wins.

Rpiforecast has 18-12 at a projected 64 RPI, and that late in the year itll be hard to budge it much. I think they've gotta win these last 3 to be 8-4, and go minimum 11-7 in conference to have a 19-11 (11-7) record headed into the SECT, projected RPI of 52.

Hate to break it to ya but Florida isn't that good. Kentucky will annihilate us but every other SEC game is a toss up.

Hate to break it to ya but Florida isn't that good. Kentucky will annihilate us but every other SEC game is a toss up.

Keep thinking that. Visit espn.com more and check out where we stand nationally on points for/points agin/rebounds/assists. We suck basically. Good thing we have TT and her 3 sisters in front of us although ETSU may whip us. .

Reactions: 1 person
I would love to see UT get a home and home series with North Carolina or Duke in the future so that they can possibly make recruiting inroads into North Carolina in the future.

That 1-8 Texas Southern team beat Michigan State today. Can't hurt. People will realize that there is a lot of parity in college basketball. Totally different than football.

I'm not saying this should happen, but you could realistically say that we could hit a 10 game win streak, starting last night, do that and obviously the chances of making the dance go up drastically. We very well may be favored in the next 9 games, gotta take advantage of that and use that momentum.

Last night:
Vs. Tennessee Tech

Upcoming:
Vs. Mercer...should absolutely win.
Vs. Tennessee State...ditto
Vs. East Tennessee State...ditto
@ Mississippi State...yes it's on the road, but MST is baad
Vs. Alabama...at home against an average opponent
Vs. Arkansas...will be toughest game in stretch, but typically Arkansas is bad on the road, make it a hostile crowd
@ Missouri...definitely a winnable game, Mizzou will have a tough year
@ South Carolina...I get its away, but again, it's against a beatable opponent
Vs. Texas A&M...ride the momentum and beat another average team at home

And Then @ Arkansas which IMO we will not be favored and will likely be a loss.

Now THIS is what I enjoy reading from you ..,,not those childish rants and boo boo discussions with a couple of other posters..,.i agree with your post here as well..,,

Reactions: 4 people
Now THIS is what I enjoy reading from you ..,,not those childish rants and boo boo discussions with a couple of other posters..,.i agree with your post here as well..,,

BTO is a great poster. I think people poke at him too much sometimes. Not saying he doesn't ever cross the line but, Some people act like he hates the Vols when he's really just very realistic.

BTO is a great poster. I think people poke at him too much sometimes. Not saying he doesn't ever cross the line but, Some people act like he hates the Vols when he's really just very realistic.

He is a fine poster, but he also brings a lot of it on himself. Sometimes he needs to just let a few of the moronic posters be moronic. It isn't as if they are going to have some kind of epiphany. They were just born stupid lol.

He is a fine poster, but he also brings a lot of it on himself. Sometimes he needs to just let a few of the moronic posters be moronic. It isn't as if they are going to have some kind of epiphany. They were just born stupid lol.
With statements like that I might lose my position as BTO's #1 Lieutenant. (dubbed by SD)

Let me put it together for you. Love stats, they tell it all. 42,000 posts, 38 a day, beginning January of Martin's first year, three seasons of praising CM, and six months criticizing Tyndall with rare exception all transpiring in less than 3 calendar years all in the basketball forum. Who does that for fun?

Last edited:
Let me put it together for you. Love stats, they tell it all. 42,000 posts, 38 a day, beginning January of Martin's first year, three seasons of praising CM, and six months criticizing Tyndall with rare exception all transpiring in less than 3 calendar years all in the basketball forum. Who does that for fun?

I do it for the pay

I don't think stats tell it all, for one. Two, you've started the most threads in this forum. Who are you to call a guy out.

I don't think stats tell it all, for one. Two, you've started the most threads in this forum. Who are you to call a guy out.
Forum would be pretty dead without the two of us, huh? It's a new year, maybe the contributions can be positive as we get into the SEC schedule. I think the acrimony has discouraged our newest members.

Forum would be pretty dead without the two of us, huh? It's a new year, maybe the contributions can be positive as we get into the SEC schedule. I think the acrimony has discouraged our newest members.
I would look forward to some positive sparring between the two of you. It can be done!

It will take 20 wins to get in the NCAA Tournament the same as last year. This team sits at 8 and 4 same as last year's team. We will need an 11 and 7 record in the SEC and one win in the SEC Tourney to get in the NCAA Tourney. So 20 and 12 gets you in. We'll need to get that 11 wins a lot earlier than last year's team. The weakest part of the SEC schedule is the first nine game. We really need 7 wins in the first nine because that last nine and especially the last four or five are very tough games.

I never thought we were an NCAA team this year don't have the inside talent to get it done. I think we will come close 18 and 14 or 19 and 13. Other than Kentucky and at Arkansas we can win or lose any of the other 16 we have left. We will need good luck to get to 20 wins.

VN Store

Back