The Quarterbacks

With the RB room being so loaded, does anyone feel like we might lose one to the Portal this year? Don't know anything about the portal and when you are allowed to transfer, but wondered if it will be possible someone might leave before August in your opinion.
No.

I learned last decade not to put stock in the O&W Game.
I don't even watch it after the Dormady and JG years.
I pay attention to spring and summer practice reports.

Gaston Moore is a gym rat, processes information quickly, knows the playbook in and out and is great locker room guy, will make a great coach one day. I think I hit all the stereotypes in that one. Let me know if I left one out.
Is he well spoken?

The Iamaleava completion down the sideline went viral and is featured on MSN homepage. I was impressed with his smoothness in opting to tuck it and run. It looks like he will be ready when his time comes.

All the QBs looked really in command of the offense, including Gaston and his 2 TDs. It's going to be an exciting fall if the defense develops like we hope.

I was actually real impressed with Moore's performance and command of the offense. With that said, you're dreaming if you think he'll begin the season as a 1st or 2nd teamer.

My takeaways are that I hope he earns a scholarship and we should feel better about a doomsday scenerio in which JM and Nico go down.

That's my takeaway. Many of us were concerned about only having 2 scholarship QBs. Moore might just be better than a lot of 3rd string scholarship QBs out there...and he knows this offense, having also played for Heupel at UCF. His play made me feel better about depth, but in no way do I think he's competing for the starting job.

Our Quote third team qb knows what the hell to do.Familiar with the O.Showed that he can implement the O.If things go to hell,we have some one who can more than hand the ball off.Go Vols!
This is the correct assesment of the QB play in the O&W game.

Gaston Moore is a gym rat, processes information quickly, knows the playbook in and out and is great locker room guy, will make a great coach one day. I think I hit all the stereotypes in that one. Let me know if I left one out.

... He speaks to media eloquently for such an age. His parents must have done a great job. ... He also bleeds OR as all walk ons because they had to earn it ... He was a 3* that would have been a 4* had he attended more camps ... 😎

That's my takeaway. Many of us were concerned about only having 2 scholarship QBs. Moore might just be better than a lot of 3rd string scholarship QBs out there...and he knows this offense, having also played for Heupel at UCF. His play made me feel better about depth, but in no way do I think he's competing for the starting job.

Exactly. I believe his surprising performance compounded with the fact this is his third year in the Heupel system makes him a better emercency option than if we had a freshman or transfer reporting in the fall.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Reminiscent of Daryl Dickey. When Tony Robinson was lost to injury, not many expected Tennessee to finish well. Guess what? I think GM & DD have similarities.

Great job! Nailed it. He's also scrappy, sneaky fast, and someone you'd let your daughter date.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Remember that wide receivers name that tore it up in Pruitt’s last O&W game? Yeah me either.
HAHA. I need to go look and see if he's still on the team.
I get the feeling some people don't realize Moore was on the Team last year and actually got a few game reps or that he was with Coach Hype.
I like the O&W game because it UT and some sort of football but I don't give weight to what I see from the offense other than the way RB's run. Playbook is limited as not to tip our hand. I like seeing how well the defense plays though.

I'm a JoMil fan, but whoooo boy!!! That Gaston Moore fellow sure looked good. If The Heup puts him out there for more than just mop up duty, I'm really wondering if he might play himself into QB1. He can scramble, he can throw, he can rush, he can score, whooo! It's just practice with 3rd string WRs, and playing pattycake, ohhh, don't touch me, I got sunburn football. But he did look good. JoMil and Nico Man, just might have some serious competition. With the Heup's high-powered offense, he might end up adding Moore Gas. What did that old Esso ad used to say? Yeah, I remember: Put a tiger in your tank!

Tale of the tape: 2023 Orange & White Game: Vols’ quarterbacks by the numbers

I don't think Moore will surpass the top two QB's unless they both get injured of one of them sh--s his nest. Then he could be No 2.

I'm a fan of Coach Hype--but he did pick the wrong QB to start last season.

Hooker started all season last year until he got hurt. You are thinking of the previous year when Milton started, when he got injured in the first game Hooker got his shot.

Hooker started all season last year until he got hurt. You are thinking of the previous year when Milton started, when he got injured in the first game Hooker got his shot.
Milton got hurt in the second or third game if I recall.

I'm old enuff to remember when Harrison Bailey was "the man" and all of the hype that surrounded him.

Until I see a QB, whomever it is, that can win the East and get us to the SECCG....I'll remain skeptical that it will ever happen.

Hooker was by far the best QB we've had taking snaps for us and he couldn't beat Georgia nor South Carolina.

I'm just so tired of staring at the top of the mountain and not getting to the top.

No, I haven't had my coffee this morning.

VN Store

Back