The unthinkable..

Obviously smarter than you if you don't think coaching staffs don't ponder worst case scenarios.

Only the simple minded don't prepare for the worst when the worst could be reality at any moment...

Your ignorance has no limit. Of corse all coaches and players prepare with the "one play away". But they don't dwell on the negative. And only a simple minded person would be unable to recognize the ignorance of starting a thread the way you did.

Reactions: 1 person
There is an old saying...

Expect the best, prepare for the worst..

To prepare for the worst, you have to envision the worst. That being said, that's what was laid out in the OP. I can guarantee that our coaching staff has envisioned a similar devastating scenario and is preparing for it.

Obviously VN can't visualize a worse case scenario..

You can visualize that for any player on any team. YES, I'm sure all coaches have a fall back plan. But you play fearless, you don't think or worry about injures as a player and it doesn't do a fan or player no good to worry about it. You focus on what you can control. That job is for the coaches, you post has no good meaning for fans or players. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!! All out every play, that's the way you play this game. Worrying about what hasn't happened is for coaches and nobody else but worry warts. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!

You can visualize that for any player on any team. YES, I'm sure all coaches have a fall back plan. But you play fearless, you don't think or worry about injures as a player and it doesn't do a fan or player no good to worry about it. You focus on what you can control. That job is for the coaches, you post has no good meaning for fans or players. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!! All out every play, that's the way you play this game. Worrying about what hasn't happened is for coaches and nobody else but worry warts. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!

Nobody is worrying. I threw out a realistic scenario against our biggest rival. I asked how the team would handle, respond to such...

Obviously, it was too realistic for people not to respond emotionally...

Nobody is worrying. I threw out a realistic scenario against our biggest rival. I asked how the team would handle, respond to such...

Obviously, it was too realistic for people not to respond emotionally...

And it was just getting good

There is an old saying...

Expect the best, prepare for the worst..

To prepare for the worst, you have to envision the worst. That being said, that's what was laid out in the OP. I can guarantee that our coaching staff has envisioned a similar devastating scenario and is preparing for it.

Obviously VN can't visualize a worse case scenario..

There's a big difference between planning for things that could go wrong ("say our starting QB is out for the season") and taking the perverted and sadistic extra step of describing in detail one way that could happen. It's like you're reveling in the "how" of it all, rather than the "what if."

That's why a lot of folks here think you're a sick puppy. I can't say I disagree with them.

There's a big difference between planning for things that could go wrong ("say our starting QB is out for the season") and taking the perverted and sadistic extra step of describing in detail one way that could happen. It's like you're reveling in the "how" of it all, rather than the "what if."

That's why a lot of folks here think you're a sick puppy. I can't say I disagree with them.

Sick puppy? Ha..

I tried to make a realistic scenario in which our QB was injured and tore his ACL(season ending) in the biggest game of the year. How is that sadistic or perverted? You would think by the reaction that I descibed Marcus Lattimore's career ending injury....

I get that people don't want to envision the worst, but the personal insults and emotional replies like the ones you've posted, are uncalled for and juvenile...

Has society really became this sensitive and pussified?

Early 4th quarter, UT is up 20-13 against UF, and has a 2nd and goal from the Gator 6 yd line...

Dobbs takes the snap and rides Hurd into the line as multiple Gators converge on the dive play. At the last possible moment of deception Dobbs pulls the ball away as he sees the DE crashing into Hurd. Like so many times before, there is an opening to the right side of the line as Dobbs escapes to daylight. All blocks are sealed as he gallops towards a coffin nailing touchdown. Just prior to crossing the goal line an eager and defiant Gator defender releases from a block and with a last gasp effort dives towards the end zone bound Dobbs. Simultaneously, as Dobbs right leg sets footing over the goal line, the Gator defenders helmet meets the side of Dobbs right knee, tearing the ACL of the Vols Senior QB...

Most vol fans don't want to imagine such a tragic scene, but we all know, it's in the realm of possibilities and in the back of most fan's minds...

Thoughts of where the game and season go from that point.....who is next up and what impact, if any, they have going forward?
L

VN Store

Back