The WRASSLIN’ Thread

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I think the troll farms and bots have some people believing some really odd things about AEW, but the main point is its not going away. Its something I really don't get the constant chirping and tribalism (I don't mean anyone in here, mainly everywhere else online and sadly both companies have people playing into it). Its just not needed, and awful for 'The Business'. Both can exist, and it is a huge positive that they do.

They are creating a viable alternative that hasn't really existed in a long time. WWEs style is something that a lot of fans age out of, drift away from, or simply start looking for something different. AEW being that place for some to shift to is a good thing.

Now, AEW has plenty things to adjust (arenas they run, scheduling, streaming deal, etc), but I think they are getting there. Same as I believe WWE still has a massive potential bomb they haven't diffused with the Vince stuff. Simply repeating THE PAUL LEVESQUE ERA doesn't make it go away, and doesn't exactly make me feel good about the company and whats behind the curtain.

As for Night 2, it was better. Still despise Jake Paul and all he represents and why he is there, and guys like Owens and Orton having to job to him. Enjoyed Sky/Bayley a lot. Main event was a nostalgia pop fest but was fun enough. Post match felt awkward/forced.
That's Logan Paul

Sounds like Night 2 was a great night. I've checked the highlights and glad to see Rhodes won.
Best Mania in years. Everyone expected the final outcome. But it didn't matter. Folks were jacked up about it all the same. Felt like they really turned a page.

I might start watching their PPVs on the regular again.

Dynasty is shaping up to be another great card for AEW.

I wouldn't call it "MJF has to go over Mox" level, but Swerve needs to win IMO.
AEW has some real talent on the roster right now. I don't know how you leave the belt on Joe. To many younger guys that need that spotlight more than him. If they don't put Swerve over their had better be a really good hook(no pun intended) to explain it.

AEW has some real talent on the roster right now. I don't know how you leave the belt on Joe. To many younger guys that need that spotlight more than him. If they don't put Swerve over their had better be a really good hook(no pun intended) to explain it.
Roster is insane. So many guys that could work in the title picture.

Yeah,if Joe doesn't drop the belt to Swerve,there's something going on that I don't know about. What you're seeing right now is why WWE shouldn't have released Swerve. The guy has IT in spades. They need to strike while the iron is hot. Joe makes the perfect heel to finally overcome if you're swerve as a top face.

I also saw this. From what I watch of NXT,they have a deep womens division (moreso than the men) so having a mid card belt for the women isn't really a bad idea. There's no depth on the main roster to warrant a mid card belt for the women.

As a belt dork, it looks too plain and reminds me of the North American men's belt.

I
Show me one time I’ve quoted someone with a different opinion and called them out for it.

Just because I defend someone I like and post related content to them doesn’t mean I think everyone should agree.

Jesus H.
I have no idea and I’m not going though your posting history. But you obviously struggle with differing opinions. There’s literally been two people here that said they don’t like her announcing and you feel the need to continue harping about it.

So many people here can handle someone having an opinion that doesn’t line up with theirs. It’s like they (you) take it personally. Sad really.

Reactions: knoxvol52

I also saw this. From what I watch of NXT,they have a deep womens division (moreso than the men) so having a mid card belt for the women isn't really a bad idea. There's no depth on the main roster to warrant a mid card belt for the women.

As a belt dork, it looks too plain and reminds me of the North American men's belt.
Looks like the North American title but white instead of red. I actually like the NA belt, it's nice and clean. I don't care for the current NXT Heavyweight championship. They have good tag team belts though.

I know AEW will ever supplant WWE. Nobody will. But it's a great alternative to the machine. And I prefer that style. I was always a NWA, WCW, ECW fan above WWF/WWE. The realism just hasn't been there in WWE for me for a very long time.

AEW PPVs are still overall better.
Same. I personally don't want to watch a show where a 1/3 of the time is promos and backstage segments. AEW has storylines, but wrestling is the focus.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back