The WRASSLIN’ Thread

I didn’t watch the show, but I did see the footage before AEW started making people take it down. The best thing that could happen to AEW is if Tony Khan wasn’t in control. Either he was the one that made it shown or he had the final say in not showing it. Either way, he made himself and his company look incredibly stupid today. Punk came out of this smelling like a rose.

I wanted to see a successful alternative, but this isn’t it. Tony Khan isn’t the one.

I didn’t watch the show, but I did see the footage before AEW started making people take it down. The best thing that could happen to AEW is if Tony Khan wasn’t in control. Either he was the one that made it shown or he had the final say in not showing it. Either way, he made himself and his company look incredibly stupid today. Punk came out of this smelling like a rose.

I wanted to see a successful alternative, but this isn’t it. Tony Khan isn’t the one.
I don't think Punk came out of it smelling like a rose. To me he looks like an unhinged power hungry jerk. But I guess we all knew that about him already.

And Tony just looks petty allowing this to be shown. But I think the main reason they did it was to set up Jungle Boy's return. Possibly to interfere at Dynasty to help the Bucks win.

I didn't mind them using the footage as a prop for the next show and bringing Perry back in. Sure its petty, but that's kind of the business. I think Kahn is going to catch hell no matter what he does. The tribalism nonsense has locked in on him.

No one came out smelling like a rose. Punk will be what he's been for the last 20 years. TK and AEW returned fire, so hopefully everyone can just go back to their corners and focus on making a good product for their fanbases.

**I honestly thought Osprey's dig was better, and extremely deserved.

Watching Dynamite. The whole Wembley video thing was kind of underwhelming. I see what they are going for with tying it to the FTR feud. I didn't feel like it was executed that well. But we'll see where it goes. I too assume Jack will be back sooner than later.

I doubt anyone's opinion of Punk has changed. It shows he was the aggressor and Perry didn't really do anything wrong, in the moment. But I don't think anyone is suprised by that. His fans will defend him. I still think Phil is soft as Charmin and will lash out any time his feeling get hurt. Same song different verse all around.

Hopefully the bad press this is getting will teach Tony to just ignore him.

Watching the RAW after mania. So far really good. That first segment with Rock and Cody was gold.

R-Truth is indeed a national treasure as someone said a while back. I didn't like Judgement Day getting dispatched that quickly though. They got booked weak even though their group holds two of the four major titles in the company. Did not agree with that.

The crowd is live though for sure.

Watching Dynamite. The whole Wembley video thing was kind of underwhelming. I see what they are going for with tying it to the FTR feud. I didn't feel like it was executed that well. But we'll see where it goes. I too assume Jack will be back sooner than later.

I doubt anyone's opinion of Punk has changed. It shows he was the aggressor and Perry didn't really do anything wrong, in the moment. But I don't think anyone is suprised by that. His fans will defend him. I still think Phil is soft as Charmin and will lash out any time his feeling get hurt. Same song different verse all around.

Hopefully the bad press this is getting will teach Tony to just ignore him.
What did you think about the Copeland v Penta match?

Reactions: knoxvol52
RAW:

The fatal 4 way was good. Felt like I was watching an AEW match! Bronson Reed did the best work of the 4. I love Ricochet man. That dude rules. I hate CM Punk. I thought he might figure into this match somehow to screw Drew.
Was hoping Bronson or Ricochet would win.

What did you think about the Copeland v Penta match?
Great match to start the show. The spear to open the match was a nice touch. Penta always delivers and don't think Cope has had a bad match since his arrival. That apron power slam looked stiff. Curious to see where Willow vs The House is going. Seeing Stokely try to get Willow a match for the TNT title was great.

So who attacked Mercedes Mone and did they do it for da rock? In all seriousness, I'm leaning towards Saraya with the injury that put her out for a few years. She can blame Mercedes for the injury since the injury happened in a match in WWE with Mone/Sasha. This could be considered payback for that and set up something interesting.

I don't think she needs to be catapulted to a women's title match so this works great.

So who attacked Mercedes Mone and did they do it for da rock? In all seriousness, I'm leaning towards Saraya with the injury that put her out for a few years. She can blame Mercedes for the injury since the injury happened in a match in WWE with Mone/Sasha. This could be considered payback for that and set up something interesting.

I don't think she needs to be catapulted to a women's title match so this works great.
Well the lights went out and she was talking about the TBS title. So Julia/Skye are the obvious answer. I like your Saraya theory. Her injury would tie into Mercedes talking about revenge for hers. A third possibility would be Willow or Stat on their way to a heel turn. I'm thinking Stat is more likely in that scenario. But if Mone' and Willow were to "reconcile"....I might charge my mind. Willow did sort of get hit with the mist again.

Last edited:
Interested to see what WWE does with the Bloodline. I saw where Tama Tonga joined last night, and supposedly WWE has also signed Jacob Fatu. Would be interesting if Jey Uso turned heel and became the new "tribal chief" while Roman takes time off.

Interested to see what WWE does with the Bloodline. I saw where Tama Tonga joined last night, and supposedly WWE has also signed Jacob Fatu. Would be interesting if Jey Uso turned heel and became the new "tribal chief" while Roman takes time off.
It's to bad they didn't sign Tanga Lao too. I'd love to see the Usos feud with the Guerillas of Destiny.

FB_IMG_1713055326262.jpg

Yeah,this is more than likely it for Big E and his wrestling career. I hate the injury in the match with Ridge Holland that caused it. An overhead belly to belly. He's got the chops to be a good commentator. They need to get rid of Booker T on NXT.... He's terrible.

I will say I love the positive attitude. Not everyone is his position would be that way. Sounds like he's a great person all around

On another wrestling related note,it looks like they're going for AJ Styles for Cody's first defense as long as he beats LA Knight next week. I can't remember them having a match so even though they're both older,I think it's still worth checking out if that's the (likely) route they go.

So I just started Collision. Mox won the IWGP strap? I didn't realize forbidden door was that close. But I guess it is after Dynasty. NJPW has really increased it's footprint in the west. But I'm suprised they went this far.

That means John has held the main title WWE, AEW, and NJPW. That's the 3 biggest promotions in the world. The only other person I can think of to do something like that is AJ who did the same but with the TNA belt when they were the main WWE alternative.

On to Collision.

Just Tony and Daddy Magic on the call tonight. I'm good with the latter. Schiavone is not my favorite on play by play.

The House looking good in trios. I'd like to see them get one more run with those belts before Black and Buddy bail. I also wouldn't mind seeing Buddy and Action in a singles match.

"A fetish periodical" I love Toni.

Shibata is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I want to see him and Shane Taylor mix it up.

Garcia vs Angelico was a really good match. Both those guys deserve more time.

Putting Hobbs in the swing was impressive.

Last edited:
View attachment 634371

Yeah,this is more than likely it for Big E and his wrestling career. I hate the injury in the match with Ridge Holland that caused it. An overhead belly to belly. He's got the chops to be a good commentator. They need to get rid of Booker T on NXT.... He's terrible.

I will say I love the positive attitude. Not everyone is his position would be that way. Sounds like he's a great person all around

On another wrestling related note,it looks like they're going for AJ Styles for Cody's first defense as long as he beats LA Knight next week. I can't remember them having a match so even though they're both older,I think it's still worth checking out if that's the (likely) route they go.
With his mic skills bring him back as a manager/mouth piece.

Y’all been noticing the glitches with “hello” and “you forgot about us” in them?

Obviously these are Uncle Howdy(Bo Dallas) related but with the “us” there’s speculation the “Wyatt 6” storyline is back in play that Bray was going to do.

Anyone have thoughts? Would love to see Alexa back, maybe even Eric Redbeard and Stroman.

Y’all been noticing the glitches with “hello” and “you forgot about us” in them?

Obviously these are Uncle Howdy(Bo Dallas) related but with the “us” there’s speculation the “Wyatt 6” storyline is back in play that Bray was going to do.

Anyone have thoughts? Would love to see Alexa back, maybe even Eric Redbeard and Stroman.

Yeah,I've noticed that,too. I read recently that Eric Redbeard said he wouldn't be able to fulfill commitments to an indy fed he was a part of due to working with another company. Interesting.... Alexa should be back from maternity leave soon. Braun hasn't been used much so I'm thinking they're repackaging all of them along with Uncle Howdy as the new Wyatt Family. Would love to see it.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
On to Collision.

Just Tony and Daddy Magic on the call tonight. I'm good with the latter. Schiavone is not my favorite on play by play.

The House looking good in trios. I'd like to see them get one more run with those belts before Black and Buddy bail. I also wouldn't mind seeing Buddy and Action in a singles match.

"A fetish periodical" I love Toni.

Shibata is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I want to see him and Shane Taylor mix it up.

Garcia vs Angelico was a really good match. Both those guys deserve more time.

Putting Hobbs in the swing was impressive.
Yeah, Tony is awful on play by play. Why not Riccaboni?!? I love Shibata. Would love to see him with anybody.
Angelico is too good to be a jobber.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back