These are our 2023 Vols

I really like Joe Milton, but I also know he hasn't found consistency or that killer, competitive instinct. I think Dobbs, Tee, Manning, Ainge, Clausen and maybe even Bray all make the Castles throw AND the Warren throw. Would have completely changed the complexion of the game.

And even though I just talked about a lot of R-Sr above - this program could be absolutely great next year. Ingredients are here and some spackle from the portal in a couple of places and we should be very, very good.

Yeah, the offense schemes are getting guys open a good portion of the time, but we can't get them the ball, and when we do, sometimes the pass is off target. But the offensive gameplans are not failing the players. The players have to take advantage of what they're being given, and they aren't always doing that this year.

Tennessee with better passing will be making those plays, much like it did in 2022. It won't be limited in the passing game, and the passing will peel open more opportunities for the running game. It's coming.

1. This is our team this year. We can beat anyone in the country for a fraction of the game - sometimes a considerable fraction. But we haven't played a complete 60-minutes of football all year. Bless 'em, I still love this team. Let's hope we can be what we are and beat KY and MO on the road. Those would be two huge road wins for this team now. Maybe we can put together a complete game against GA and who knows?

2. Refs were diabolic. That's not why we lost but they cannot run and they cannot hide from how diabolic they are / were. If adults were running the SEC, it would be addressed.

3. Everyone coming into this league from the outside has some things to learn. I don't think you can just go for 4th and 1 every time it's on the board when you have a great punter who has proven he is a weapon. I think this is CJH and he is definitely consistent about it. I would have liked to have watched the second half having punted there - maybe the same outcome but we'll never know. If this is CJH and this is how he does football - great, I'm all on board. It worked really well last year. CJH is still learning but I like where we are going.

4. Love this team. It might be an 8 - 4 team and that's alright. They may be 10 - 2 if they put the full game together against GA and learn to win on the road. This is the 2023 version of our Vols and they're pretty darn good.
I’ve been avoiding the boards, finally gave in. Nice to see there isn’t a complete meltdown. I didn’t expect to beat Bama. I agree with you that it seems like we have gone for it without kicking FGs or punting for some time. I think Heupel is who he is at this point.

It’s frustrating because this team seems to have so much ability, but we are coming up short. Again, I expected to be where we are, just didn’t expect to see us so close to beating Bama at Bama.

One question. Did we stop running Milton in the second half? I was a little distracted.

Reactions: Eddie Vol Halen
This team is so frustrating to watch because of how close they are to being good. They just completely fall apart for long stretches of the game.
We aren't good yet. We have to build up a roster that can compete for 60 minutes against teams that have been recruiting at the top for years.

VN Store

Back