They were NOT going to let us win this game.

IMO, one of the issues was what Kenny Smith pointed out.

They didn't make Edey uncomfortable on the defensive end. The complaints some here made about not drawing fouls were on rebounds. He didn't come close to getting fouls on the defensive end because no one bothered to challenge him

Secondly, part of what occurred in this game was because it was part of the game plan for both teams. I don't remember Tennessee doubling Edey. If they did, it wasn't often. I believe Tennessee made the conscious decision to let him do whatever he wanted and not let his teammates do anything. I really think Purdue had the same idea with Knecht.

So, some of everything that occurred was actually by design.

Fouls weren't the issue. Being outrebounded 47-26 was the issue. Purdue missed 29 shots. They got the offensive rebound 13 times.

Last edited:
Edy draws 17 fouls and gets 1. What a travesty of officiating. Half were phantom fouls. I am totally disgusted.

Gainey and James should have had a few more touches and Edey drew 18 fouls on Tennessee in this game.

Aidoo looked like he had the flu bug.

They didn't make Edey uncomfortable on the defensive end. The complaints some here made about not drawing fouls were on rebounds. He didn't come close to getting fouls on the defensive end because no one bothered to challenge him

Secondly, part of what occurred in this game were because it was part of the game plan for both teams. I don't remember Tennessee doubling Edey. If they did, it wasn't often. I believe Tennessee made the conscious decision to let him do whatever he wanted and not let his teammates do anything. I really think Purdue had the same idea with Knecht.

So, some of everything that occurred was actually be design.

Fouls weren't the issue. Being outrebounded 47-26 was the issue. Purdue missed 29 shots. They got the offensive rebound 13 times.

You're right. Fouls weren't the issue. It's the non-fouls they didn't call that were the issue.

Secondly, part of what occurred in this game were because it was part of the game plan for both teams. I don't remember Tennessee doubling Edey. If they did, it wasn't often. I believe Tennessee made the conscious decision to let him do whatever he wanted and not let his teammates do anything. I really think Purdue had the same idea with Knecht.

So, some of everything that occurred was actually be design.

Why would attack Zach Edey on defense when he hasn’t fouled out in 3 years? He can do whatever he wants, they’re not gonna call anything, so it doesn’t matter. You have to hit your jump shots and pray the officiating isn’t so one lopsided you have a chance

Edey gets away with too much. If there is a center left in this tournament that can draw him away from the basket he'll get exposed..

Reactions: C.watson
I have quite a few complaints on Barnes at times but I have none today. I dont see what Barnes could have done different today. To be in that game at such a huge foul and free throw disparity was impressive.
Advocate early to get calls on Edey. We didn’t do a good job of selling fouls on him to help the cause

Reactions: TNgradmom
I counted at least 4 times Edey did a hook and hold. Obvious but not to the crooked refs. They never called the first one. And the let the Goon elbow back and forth on our guys all day without a single foul there either. Either the refs were crooked, or the game is rigged to who they want to win. No way for the large disparity of fouls in this game!!

I want people to explain to me to draw a perfect gameplan to win an Elite Eight game down 22 free throw attempts
Don’t need a perfect game plan, just need some players that can put the ball in the hoop. Ziegler couldn’t hit the side of a barn today. Great distributor, just not the scorer we needed today.

You’re right. These issue are on Barnes for continuing to think this is a defensive sport. He cares more about if a player can defend than if they can score. Works great in the regular season which is why UT will never fire him even tho it’s clear what his ceiling is.
Gtfoh!

The refs call what they call. Weather they let them play through pretty much everything or call every ticky tak - players have to adjust to how the refs are calling the game. We all knew Edey was going to draw a ton of fouls before the game even started, I'm not sure why everyone is outraged. We knew Edey was going to get his, and someone else besides DK was going to have to step up. Well guess what, no one did. And we lost.
Please don't lie that your last comment doesn't give you some kind of satisfaction. "Weather"? That can't be typo.

Reactions: Putbacks

VN Store

Back