They were NOT going to let us win this game.

And if Ziegler plays better, UT wins. This can go all day. Fact is refs were one sided pal! You don't have to defend them.
I'm not defending the refs. Edey draws fouls. It's common knowledge. He leads the country in FTs shot per game. We knew all this going in to the game. Hell we already lived it once this year. We needed someone else to step up, and they didn't. That's all it is.

Reactions: Jimmyandjoes
I'm not defending the refs. Edey draws fouls. It's common knowledge. He leads the country in FTs shot per game. We knew all this going in to the game. Hell we already lived it once this year. We needed someone else to step up, and they didn't. That's all it is.
He also loves walking with the ball under the hoop and everyone just seems to turn a blind eye officiating wise

Edey drawing fouls is not the argument! Edey getting to walk, travel and play rough as he wants is the issue. Being one sided, that's the issue

Missed mid-range shots that were mostly uncontested, some free throws and some open 3s even though the % was good. This was a game that was winnable if you make enough shots - we didn't.

Reactions: Jimmyandjoes
Edy draws 17 fouls and gets 1. What a travesty of officiating. Half were phantom fouls. I am totally disgusted.
We need to make our open shots, but the officials killed us today. Edey should’ve fouled out by halftime. Also, I guess 3 seconds isn’t a thing anymore. If Edey is on the bench in foul trouble like he should’ve been, we win by at least 15. Such a joke. That’s 3 games in a row against that joke of a school that we have lost bc of officials. 2 basketball and one football game.

We need to face it... we had ONE player that wasnt intimidated by the stage. One. The rest dont have the skills, nor mindest, of a FF or NC team. Great players play great in big games. Knecht is a great player. The rest are good college players. Not a knock. Just the truth.

af6f4919-af45-49d2-9527-ef973e1eea24.webp

Thus is the only part of Aidoo that showed up

Reactions: 1986sugarvols
IMO, one of the issues was what Kenny Smith pointed out.

They didn't make Edey uncomfortable on the defensive end. The complaints some here made about not drawing fouls were on rebounds. He didn't come close to getting fouls on the defensive end because no one bothered to challenge him

Secondly, part of what occurred in this game were because it was part of the game plan for both teams. I don't remember Tennessee doubling Edey. If they did, it wasn't often. I believe Tennessee made the conscious decision to let him do whatever he wanted and not let his teammates do anything. I really think Purdue had the same idea with Knecht.

So, some of everything that occurred was actually be design.

Fouls weren't the issue. Being outrebounded 47-26 was the issue. Purdue missed 29 shots. They got the offensive rebound 13 times.
I like your second point. Knecht took 31 shot attempts with only 1 assist. The rest of the team combined took 32 or so attempts. If Knecht connects on a couple of those late attempts or have 2/3 more assists late, this could be a different topic

And you know what reallllllly sucks…….AL is in the Final Four…..and we’re not. Damn damn damn. I hope U-Conn beats the stuffings out of them and knocks that smirk off Mark Sears’ face!!

The Purdue starters minus their big guy scored 32 pts. The Vols’ starters minus Knecht scored 19. Our bench outscored their bench 10-0. We just needed a little more from our other guys. Estrella scored as many points (2) as Aidoo, Mashack, and Vescovi combined.

Rebounds: Purdue 46, Tennessee 26

We needed 10-12 more free throws.

Edy draws 17 fouls and gets 1. What a travesty of officiating. Half were phantom fouls. I am totally disgusted.
They protected him, yes. But, in a way he has to be protected a bit. We had EV3RY chance to win it but our offensive supporting cast failed once again. Uncharacteristically it was Zeiglar this game. Aidoo was horrific.

5 minutes to go and tied. We were that close to a final 4. They won the last stanza and we didn't. Sucks, but what a season!

Look at it this way. When one team shoots 22 more free throws than the other…it is the equivalent of spotting that team a 15-16 point lead to start the game.

It actually was an accomplishment to lose by only 6 points.

Just absurd that this game was officiated so one-sidedly.
Since it happened twice in one season, we know it's the Edey rules. What I couldn't stand was the no-calls of traveling in the pivot. The facking NBA calls that

Reactions: volwindy and EZE

VN Store

Back