They were NOT going to let us win this game.

Refs had nothing to do with Ziegler going 2-13 or whatever he was. 2-5 from the free throw line. Aidoo being terrified and playing embarrassingly bad.
No they didnt have a thing to do with us shooting .but the point being made they allowed and gave mongo everything .pushing ,elbows goodness he cant dribble so he just walks everywhere .he had a mailbox set up in the paint ALL game .and there was to many fouls called for hin and to play that physical and get one foul ..cmon man

Refs had nothing to do with Ziegler going 2-13 or whatever he was. 2-5 from the free throw line. Aidoo being terrified and playing embarrassingly bad.
In a close game their star player shot more than 2x the FTs as our entire team combined. What you posted is just you being a contrarian asš-clown.

No but they ignored some one taking two steps and swinging his elbows, they ignored someone running down the lane and running over a stationary player, they ignored several instance of someone camping out in the lane for 7+ seconds, etc.
I kept up with it the whole game. Edey was in the lane for 4 seconds or more 29 different times. It was called 0 times.

I was driving today and didn't get to watch the game but it sounded like UT had a chance to extend the 11 pt lead in the 1st half. A few mistakes in the last 5 minutes of the 1st half allowed Purdue back in it and take the lead.

I was proud of the way they came back in the 2nd half with a chance to take the lead but we went ice cold down the stretch.

Bert was commenting on the refs and the foul discrepancy was there but UT had a shot.

They didn't. But they affected about everything else you could In the game. Calling ghost fouls on Edey and letting Edey forearm our guy to the face and shoving people In the back.
Add one more. They called a jump ball with JJJ on the floor and Edey not touching the ball laying on his back and both arms around his head and neck. Bias is pretty easy to see.

Purdue is the better team. They proved it. Tip hat and move on. This in no way takes away the accomplishments of this season. I’m proud of our guys.
Dude, you are clueless. All of the orange colored glass wearers here aren't that oblivious! Edey was elbowing, over the back, took out
ZZ one time, and pushing people around the whole game with one foul. That is beyond ridiculous. As usual, the refs/media puts the screws to the Big Orange. I am beyond tired of it! ZZ, JJJ, and Aidoo didn't do their part. Everyone knows that. But, two to three of Purdue's best players were held in check without an impact in the game too. It is hard to beat a team when the refs let a a big man on the opposing team do what he wants physically the WHOLE GAME and give him 22 FTs to boot!!!

We had only one player who had double figures in scoring. If they'd shot as team the same as against Creighton it probably a different outcome.

As one sided as the officiating was, if ZZ hit some open shots or his runners we would have likely won.

Purdue and Edey needed a lot of help from the officials today. I've never seen a guy get so many calls/no-calls as he does.

Reactions: TNgradmom
I like JJJ and Vescovi but I’m ready to move on. I have no clue what Santiago’s deal was this season
Dalton Knecht took his touches and rightfully so. Santi was a good defender and made hustle plays. He’s a smart player and I never doubted that he played hard. His offensive game completely regressed this year, it just wasn’t noticed as much when Knecht was putting up 21 a game.

You’re right. These issue are on Barnes for continuing to think this is a defensive sport. He cares more about if a player can defend than if they can score. Works great in the regular season which is why UT will never fire him even tho it’s clear what his ceiling is.
I knew sooner or later someone would blame Barnes

Reactions: livefaith
We need to face it... we had ONE player that wasnt intimidated by the stage. One. The rest dont have the skills, nor mindest, of a FF or NC team. Great players play great in big games. Knecht is a great player. The rest are good college players. Not a knock. Just the truth.
Who besides Aidoo?

I kept up with it the whole game. Edey was in the lane for 4 seconds or more 29 different times. It was called 0 times.
That is a travesty. Seems like Barnes should have got ahead of that before the game. Be really nice to have had a fan with big ticker behind our bench keeping track of it the entire game and showing on TV. It was nice when Edey finally got whistled for nearly killing JJJ ... the UT fans had a big celebration when ZEs name was called by the PA guy.

VN Store

Back