Things are shaping up pretty good for us for the NCAA tournament

GBOplayer

I know there are alot of people saying that we got a really bad draw in the NCAA tournament, but I'm not sure that's the case.

- There are alot of big bets going in taking UT at -8 over Oregon State. This means most people think we should advance pretty easily over an Oregon State who basically stole a spot by winning the Pac 12 tournament

- Many people are predicting Liberty to upset Oklahoma State. That would make our path easier.
- Oklahoma State is very similar to Oklahoma, when they had Trae Young several years ago. They were out pretty early
- If we get to next weekend, we will have the Incredible Fulk back

I know there are alot of people saying that we got a really bad draw in the NCAA tournament, but I'm not sure that's the case.

- There are alot of big bets going in taking UT at -8 over Oregon State. This means most people think we should advance pretty easily over an Oregon State who basically stole a spot by winning the Pac 12 tournament

- Many people are predicting Liberty to upset Oklahoma State. That would make our path easier.
- Oklahoma State is very similar to Oklahoma, when they had Trae Young several years ago. They were out pretty early
I saw on some random place (wasn't ESPN because I don't watch it AT ALL unless the game is on) that Lunardi is predicting OS will upset the Vols. In fact, I think i read somewhere only Jay Bilas (on whatever panel he's on) was picking the Vols to win. I could be totally wrong. I'm certainly not a wagering man (i worked to hard for my money to make sure a poor investment with it) but the bracket the Vols are in will make it extremely difficult to survive and win that bracket. I hope they do and we go to the FF. We shall see.

-8 is a good bet, since Vols have covered the spread 70% this season. I can see them running away with that game.

I saw on some random place (wasn't ESPN because I don't watch it AT ALL unless the game is on) that Lunardi is predicting OS will upset the Vols. In fact, I think i read somewhere only Jay Bilas (on whatever panel he's on) was picking the Vols to win. I could be totally wrong. I'm certainly not a wagering man (i worked to hard for my money to make sure a poor investment with it) but the bracket the Vols are in will make it extremely difficult to survive and win that bracket. I hope they do and we go to the FF. We shall see.
The Pokes beating Tennessee would not be an upset.

Reactions: 08Vol
I was reading some bracket advice article and they mentioned something about teams having 2 guards that are locks for the 1st round of the NBA draft, have great success in The Big Dance. Tennessee was one of 2 teams that meet that criteria. Sorry, I read it this morning and my lack of short-term memory has kicked in and can't remember the other team. What does that mean ? I smoke, too much, oh, I got sidetracked. So, probably nothing, but hopefully the trend continues for the Vols. Oh, the other team was the Zags, Suggs and Kispert (thought he was more of forward, but apparently not). Well hell, I don't smoke too much, just took a minute

Last edited:
I was reading some bracket advice article and they mentioned something about teams having 2 guards that are locks for the 1st round of the NBA draft, have great success in The Big Dance. Tennessee was one of 2 teams that meet that criteria. Sorry, I read it this morning and my lack of short-term memory has kicked in and can't remember the other team. What does that mean ? I smoke, too much, oh, I got sidetracked. So, probably nothing, but hopefully the trend continues for the Vols. Oh, the other team was the Zags, Suggs and Kispert (thought he was more of forward, but apparently not). Well hell, I don't smoke too much, just took a minute
LMAO, I felt like this was one of those, the basketball team has lots of talent and...wait a minute, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, that was a big win for the baseball team last night, kind of post.😎
Nothing but love for you Dog!
FHS!!
GBO!!

Reactions: The Dog
I really believe we will see the SEC Tournament version of UT in every game they play in The Big Dance. That doesn't mean they don't go ice cold shooting the ball and/or make 15+ turnovers. What it does mean is they will be locked in on the defensive side of the ball and Keon's insane will to win will rub off on the team, imo. They may lose, but they will not be blown out, no matter who they play. With that being said, I expect UT to take care of the Beavers and beat the Cowboys. I think the Illini is a bad match-up for the Vols, but they will go down fighting. We may bitch about the results, but I can almost guarantee we won't bitch about the effort

NCAA game sim has Tennessee beating OK ST almost 61% of the time......it also has Tennessee wining by 20 or more about 14% of the time.

It’s a done deal........book it.

On a side note, every game I wasn’t able to watch live this season Tennessee lost. They only lost 1 game I was able to watch live.......I’ll be out of pocket Friday due to my anniversary.

If Tennessee loses.....don’t blame me......blame my wife.....she picked our wedding date.

Reactions: HalfullVol
We’re a trendy upset pick. Lots of “experts” picking Oregon State. Need to make sure we don’t overlook them and come prepared Friday.
Being a trendy upset pick could work out in our favor though. Barnes could use it as motivation and it could give the guys a big chip on their shoulder.
If they do lose though, It will be because they turn the ball over and go ice cold, I dont believe it will be lack of effort.

VN Store

Back