Third down and loud

It still amazes me that some people still don't understand how being really LOUD can hurt the other teams O players when they're on the field.

Our LOUD Vol Nation does make a big difference and helps us get more WINS!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Ehh, good volume, but nowhere near some of the highlight moments from history.

#1 - UT-UF 1998, which was loud and proud start to finish. This was the sort of titanic blood frenzy Neyland's lacked since the start of the last decade. But it did not feature the loudest single moment -- that honor goes to ...
#2 - UT-UGA 2001, which people forget because it's the boot game and it almost cost us a Rose Bowl trip (but we took care of that ourselves, later). But I'm almost positive the Stephens screen pass may be the loudest I'll ever hear Neyland be for a single moment. The faster he ran for that endzone, the louder it got. Never felt Neyland move that much before, or since. The only thing that could compete with this is ...
#3 - UT-UF 2004, Wilhoit kick, which was pretty freaking loud too. That game had a lot of energy in the second half as Ainge drove us down the field, and so many heart-stopping moments that kept the crowd peaking higher and higher. Another stadium-shaker at the end (actually, twice - it was rocking when they scored the tying TD but it quieted down quickly for the missed PAT).

All my opinions, of course. The opener was a great crowd and a good show, but those three games were definitely louder and it wasn't really close. If you think this game was/is loud, just wait until you get a top 10 Tennessee versus Georgia/Florida/Bama game on the home slate. *THAT* will be some seriously loud stuff. Decibel by decibel.

I've been to all three of those games. I'd agree with your number one, but would be remiss to leave out 06 Cal.

I was not there but all you heard on TV was the commentators saying how loud it got! Sounds like a great motivational tool!

UT vs ND in 1999, specifically 3rd quarter. We just scored to go up by three touchdowns (if memory holds) and crowd was screaming for more blood. By FAR the loudest crowd I've ever heard, not even close. Done.

Hats off to the fans! I wasn't able to be there, but it was very evident on the broadcast that the crowd was roaring! I think it definitely impacted the game. Great work! Go Vols!

VN Store

Back