This can't all be coincidence...

1. Butch is no where to be found, supposedly recruiting.

2. No tweet at all from Butch concerning the Gatlinburg fire.

3. Two flights from Knoxville to Purdue University in the past few days.

4. Butch "shortening" his press conference after Vandy (this has been explained, but still a sketch move)

5. Losing 3 recruits in 30 minutes.

6. One of the recruits retweeting a tweet telling Butch to just leave....

We may very well be looking for another coach at a terrible time to be doing so. Anyone else think this is all just coincidence?

Has to mean only one thing.........GRUDEN!

Reactions: 9 people
I would be very surprised if Butch left...he's got a strong returning core...

He's been working on his core,

ImpracticalAptIrukandjijellyfish.gif

Reactions: 16 people
I wouldn't blame him either and those who would be happy if this is true will be happy until:

1. The next coach is named and it is not who they want. A coach that would be hired by the current AD or would have to wait until after a new AD is named which is going to be after the new chancellor arrives.

2. Recruits they really want bail because they have no clue who is going to be the coach.

3. Players on the current roster that they banked on being around for the next coach bail.

When I read that part about "recruits....want bail", my first thought was about the Fulmer Trophy!

Last edited:
From the recruiting forum....

"Butch Jones was in the office all day but heads out tomorrow to see Trey Smith in what will be a pivotal visit. We still don't know where Smith is leaning at this point so that makes this weekend all the more important."

- Fortenberry

Hope Butch doesn't show him any video of Vandy game!

1. Butch is no where to be found, supposedly recruiting.

2. No tweet at all from Butch concerning the Gatlinburg fire.

3. Two flights from Knoxville to Purdue University in the past few days.

4. Butch "shortening" his press conference after Vandy (this has been explained, but still a sketch move)

5. Losing 3 recruits in 30 minutes.

6. One of the recruits retweeting a tweet telling Butch to just leave....

We may very well be looking for another coach at a terrible time to be doing so. Anyone else think this is all just coincidence?

Regarding the fire:

Butch Jones ‏@UTCoachJones
Please keep all of our Emergency Personnel in your thoughts and prayers.

Butch Jones ‏@UTCoachJones
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that has been affected by the horrible events in the Gatlinburg area.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Butch isn't leaving.

We have AT LEAST 1 more season of coach speak, excuses, champions of life, letdowns, unexplainable in game coaching, players coming out flat, and sunshine pumpers telling us this is the way Tennessee has always been.

Reactions: 4 people
No kidding.... the way he's continually bashed and criticized you'd think he's a leper version of Pol Pot

Now Pol Pot was bad dude. CBJ loses some winnable games and the natives turn on him. Let's see, ND started the season at #10 and is now 4-8. Ole Miss was #11 and now they're 5-7. And finally Michigan St was #12 and now they're 3-9. We may have lost 3 that we shouldn't, but we won 2 that we could've easily lost. We are 8-4, and still ranked. I'm not condoning loses, but it could have been worst this year, especially with the injuries.

Reactions: 6 people
I say we let Butch go to Purdue. Row the boat to Western Michigan and get PJ Fleck if he's listening. Nothing to lose at this point.

VN Store

Back