This has been a good year

Hey y’all, have you heard we re #25? Awesome news huh? Definitely not swooning right now! All is well as long as we simply make the NCAA tourney (1st round bounces are totally acceptable). Our best recruiting class ever sure is being utilized and managed well! We sure are lucky to have Rick Barnes and could never wish for any improvements because that would be crazy!!!

Bruce finished 25th or worse in 3 of his 6 years. But he was Basketball Jesus in Knoxville.

And Barnes has finished 25 or worse in 3/5 whole seasons and on track to make it 4/6... so what’s your point?

On track for 4/6?

Point is, since you’re using the Top 25 as a measuring stick Bruce declined at TN the further he moved from Buzz’s recruits while Barnes is trending up as he’s bringing in his own.

On track for 4/6?

Point is, since you’re using the Top 25 as a measuring stick Bruce declined at TN the further he moved from Buzz’s recruits while Barnes is trending up as he’s bringing in his own.
Yes we are swooning... looks like 4/6 Barnes teams will finish out of the top 25 at the end of the season poll. And no I wasn’t using that as a meaningful metric, some other poster was trying to convince us that being ranked #25 was impressive and a definitive sign of not being mediocre...

On track for 4/6?

Barnes teams are not “trending up” over the past two years, I think you are being too generous

Barnes teams are not “trending up” over the past two years, I think you are being too generous

Where did I say “over the past two years”? But since you are questioning it, the recruiting certainly has. I don’t recall it being better this side of Ray and Stu.

Also, the program has trended up over Barnes 6 years and the program trended down over Bruce’s 6.

Yes we are swooning... looks like 4/6 Barnes teams will finish out of the top 25 at the end of the season poll. And no I wasn’t using that as a meaningful metric, some other poster was trying to convince us that being ranked #25 was impressive and a definitive sign of not being mediocre...

We? You think that you’re a TN fan while criticizing them for their ranking? TN has finished the season ranked in 8 of the last 39 seasons. KO, Buzz, Cuonzo, and Donnie NEVER had TN ranked. Not even for a week. Barnes has even matched Jerry.

Where did I say “over the past two years”? But since you are questioning it, the recruiting certainly has. I don’t recall it being better this side of Ray and Stu.

Also, the program has trended up over Barnes 6 years and the program trended down over Bruce’s 6.
So your just ignoring the past two years then when you say “trending up”? Because I totally disagree that this is an upward trajectory

We? You think that you’re a TN fan while criticizing them for their ranking? TN has finished the season ranked in 8 of the last 39 seasons. KO, Buzz, Cuonzo, and Donnie NEVER had TN ranked. Not even for a week. Barnes has even matched Jerry.
Yes we. I care about this program passionately. It pains me to see them not live up to their potential and it is frustrating as hell to see people throw up their hands and say “oh well we can’t expect much we don’t have much of a history anyways”

So your just ignoring the past two years then when you say “trending up”? Because I totally disagree that this is an upward trajectory

I just commented that the excellent recruits have been signed in the last 2 years. Arguably the best in the history of the TN basketball program. I also understand that trends aren’t linear. But I am left-hemisphere dominant, Cicero.

Yes we. I care about this program passionately. It pains me to see them not live up to their potential and it is frustrating as hell to see people throw up their hands and say “oh well we can’t expect much we don’t have much of a history anyways”

And Devoe, Wade, KO, Jerry, Buzz, Bruce, Cuonzo, and Donnie all had TN living up to their potential? Maybe TN lucks out with their 10th attempt since Mears.

Who threw up their hands and said what you are quoting?

I just commented that the excellent recruits have been signed in the last 2 years. Arguably the best in the history of the TN basketball program. I also understand that trends aren’t linear. But I am left-hemisphere dominant, Cicero.
And we are wasting that talent right now with no cohesive offensive gameplans or sensible lineup management. I see no signs of this getting turned around this year. But I’ll let y’all get back to that sunshine pumping. I can’t wait to read BTOs fluff piece game summary tomorrow! hope he’s brushing up on his turd polishing techniques. Keep your cup on....

Hey y’all, have you heard we re #25? Awesome news huh? Definitely not swooning right now! All is well as long as we simply make the NCAA tourney (1st round bounces are totally acceptable). Our best recruiting class ever sure is being utilized and managed well! We sure are lucky to have Rick Barnes and could never wish for any improvements because that would be crazy!!!

Where did I say this?

We are ranked right now she won our most recent game, not sure how that’s on track to drop out of the rankings? So finish the year ranked and your opinion charges?

We are ranked right now she won our most recent game, not sure how that’s on track to drop out of the rankings? So finish the year ranked and your opinion charges?
No, you’re the one obsessed with being number 25! I have higher expectations when we have 3 players likely to be drafted this spring

25 out of 325 is apparently mediocrity, got it! Lol.
How many of those 325 teams could have 3 players drafted in this years draft? Lol. Why are you comparing our situation to a crappy sunbelt team and acting like we should all celebrate it. We are underachieving and all you want to do is defend Barnes and make excuses

No, you’re the one obsessed with being number 25! I have higher expectations when we have 3 players likely to be drafted this spring
Drafted freshmen will be better post COVID. If we keep recruiting top 5 classes, we’re going to get better results

VN Store

Back