This team doesn't come out ready to play in 2nd half

If you want to be reminded of how UT looked when they really moved/shared the ball and played with intensity, give Buffalo a watch. What great ball movement and passing. That's the way we used to look before something...no idea what...happened.

If we are going farther in the tourney, we have got to hit the 3's. Colgate hit 15 (3's) at about 51%. 3's accounted for 45 of their points.
Vols hit 9 - 3's out of 26 (35%).
Actually if we are going to advance we need to STOP shooting so many 3's. We don't have a shooter like Colgate that can drain them from anywhere. We must play inside out, start with Grant and let him kick out if he gets triple teamed.

Actually if we are going to advance we need to STOP shooting so many 3's. We don't have a shooter like Colgate that can drain them from anywhere. We must play inside out, start with Grant and let him kick out if he gets triple teamed.

And we've been saying it all season long. Barnes has been saying it and preaching defense, too. Team just isn't listening. Hey, all the talk about Loyola last year, losing the sec regular season this year, losing the sect this year...all of that was supposed to be our wake up. Never again was the mantra. They almost punched a ticket home vs a 15 seed...minus their best player. It's going to be so disappointing for this team and especially for the seniors to have such an opportunity only to squander it.....just like last year. The NCAA sea parted for us but it was Loyola who stepped up and through. Just can't happen again this year can it?

Iowa is good 3 shooting team hit for 50% today. We seem to have trouble with 3 shooting teams Colgate was 13th in nation % wise on 3s. I thought we guarded Burns pretty good just think he was in once in lifetime ZONE... H3ll even when he missed the last one so bad it banked in:eek:. Think he had the game of his life. If their big man doesn't have the eye problem don't think Burns would have put up so many 3s but with their best player down who didn't score in the 1st half. He could not deal with our down low defense. With him out the green light was with Burns and he let it rip and they just dropped for the most part.

Is this Barnes' last game if they lose? Could it be? Holly's been crucified for much less.
m/\m

Why don't you you go troll somewhere else.....

Holly has got a lot of records here problem is they are the wrong records. Holly should have been gone before the season.....or last season. Great recruiting job but if you cannot Coach you just cannot Coach.

Burns averages 15.8 ppg on the season. Shoots 37.8% from 3. Admiral averages are 16.2 and 41.1. I think our defense was lackluster and just let him relax. He got hot and just went off. You gotta get in their heads with that defense. Make 'em uncomfortable. Get them of their spots. We just didn't do that today.

Reactions: Plateauvol
And we've been saying it all season long. Barnes has been saying it and preaching defense, too. Team just isn't listening. Hey, all the talk about Loyola last year, losing the sec regular season this year, losing the sect this year...all of that was supposed to be our wake up. Never again was the mantra. They almost punched a ticket home vs a 15 seed...minus their best player. It's going to be so disappointing for this team and especially for the seniors to have such an opportunity only to squander it.....just like last year. The NCAA sea parted for us but it was Loyola who stepped up and through. Just can't happen again this year can it?
The first game is always the most difficult. I think we'll play better Sunday vs. Iowa. If not, it will be a huge disappointment

Yes, we suck shooting 3's and we are great in the paint but if the other guy is hitting 3's we have to make a lot of 2's to make up the difference. Colgate scored 45 points off 3's at a 51% rate. We scored 27 points off 3's at a
31% rate. It looks like we don't even defend the 3's at times which I don't understand.

Trying not to get too upset over our performance. I’m pretty sure several teams who have won championships have struggled in games they shouldn’t have

The little guys are always going to bomb threes all day as it's their only chance for an upset. Sometimes they make a bunch and pull off the upset. Other times they miss them all and lose by 30. I am encouraged we finally beat a team that made a ton of 3s. Our 3 percentage was fine. 33.3% is same as 50% from 2 point. Anything over that is a good 3 shooting night.
Us giving up a high percentage of made three’s is no longer a fluke🤔

We can't defend the 3 for garbage... Jesus Christ.
Nobody can defend threes. Pass the ball around enough and you will get an open three. It boils down to what you are doing on the boards, your shooting and turnover margin.

I'm probably the only person on the planet that does not like that the three became part of the game and what the game now is as a result (even the NBA is just a dunk or 3 league - nothing in between). It was a novelty/gimmick introduced by the ABA to try to get fans to watch their games.

Like Petty from Alabama who never had another game close to his game vs Tennessee this year, I think that kid found a zone. He even banked one in.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Except he was 0-4 in the first half and was a non factor. Guess we'll never know and thank goodness we didn't have to find out
Yeah who knows? Maybe with him in, they focus on getting the ball to him more and the burns kid doesn’t make as many 3’s? I know it’s all hypothetical. We survived and advanced. Go Vols

Reactions: 1985Vols

VN Store

Back