This would suck so bad, I can barely fit my head around it..........

KureVol

Are you serious Clark?
Imagine if we win out..........but Florida wins out also.......they go to the SECCG and we most likely will end up in something like the Cotton Bowl.......now THAT would be a kick in the nuts!!!

Reactions: Jaws
Imagine if we win out..........but Florida wins out also.......they go to the SECCG and we most likely will end up in something like the Cotton Bowl.......now THAT would be a kick in the nuts!!!

If it were to work out that way (unlikely), would all the moaning and groaning about losing to a horrible Florida team go away? Or would the same group rationalize it through some mental gymnastics?

You know what would really suck? If I walked out my front door and got kicked in the nuts. Now THAT would be a kick in the nuts! It would also suck if I got struck by lightning and that’s just as likely as Florida winning out.

If it were to work out that way (unlikely), would all the moaning and groaning about losing to a horrible Florida team go away? Or would the same group rationalize it through some mental gymnastics?
They were horrible that day, and it was embarrassing to lose to them like we did. So, no.

Super unlikely scenario, but could mean we’d go to playoffs without having an SEC Championship rematch with Bama. Would put us on the path we had last year before we blew it against SC

Reactions: tnvols106
As I mentioned previously, one loss in a division is like two losses.
You must win out while the team you lost to must lose two.
Unless three or more teams have one loss then it's back to a popularity contest by the polls.
You remember the polls, some people think the polls don't matter early in the season. Uh huh.

Doubtful. But I’d love for this scenario to play out. Florida has a tough go still. Forget about Georgia, and then @ LSU, @ Missouri and Arkansas at home. May go 1-3 in that stretch, only one I feel good about is Arky at home.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
If this played out and we only had one loss we would either make the playoffs or be going to a NYS bowl again.

FL with two losses would go to a “lesser” bowl.

4 bye weeks aren't going to help them. They are going to lose to GA. and LSU in the SEC and FSU to finish the season.

My point was, UF doesn’t play tomorrow, they’re on a bye week.

And I’d agree with you on Ga and LSU being probable losses. I don’t agree that FSU is a loss. That game will be the Swamp in its full glory, against a rival, probably at night.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
My point was, UF doesn’t play tomorrow, they’re on a bye week.

And I’d agree with you on Ga and LSU being probable losses. I don’t agree that FSU is a loss. That game will be the Swamp in its full glory, against a rival, probably at night.
You are correct about FSU. Stuff always happens in that game.

Reactions: Jaws

VN Store

Back