Time to fess up.. who missed the end of the game?

I was watching it with my dad, and when the score was 42-28 with 4:51 to go i said we've blown another freaking game... Then I said keep it turned to UT though I want to see if they battle until the end. Thankfully I made the correct choice, and I saw the best game in my last 3 years of watching tennessee football. Go vols.. Dobbs for Heisman 2015!!! haha.

Reactions: 1 person
I can honestly say I was there for every minute of the game. I thought we were going to get a chance for a field goal to win it there at the end. I thought that was certainly a fumble. Then after we kicked a field goal thought we were going to lose figured they would go to Cooper and it would be a touchdown. Totally elated after first and second down even more so after third because I knew their kicker could not make that field goal.

My wife, my son and myself watched until the end of the game,,,,,, we all changed chairs after the 70 yard td to change the luck,,,,, I also kept thinking about that game in south bend ,,,,,, anything can happen,,,,, our luck over the past years have not been good in these types of games but it all changed for the better Saturday night,,,,,,, no way I turned it off,,,,,,,,, GBO

I don't wait all week for a game just to turn it off mid-stream. I've watched every minute so far this season via Comcast or ESPN3.

Looked like the SCAR fans bailed way before the UT fans in the stadium as well. They must have sensed impending doom.

I did turn to watch the end of the Ole Miss/Auburn game. Then Treadwell got hurt, and I turned it back and could see that UT was making some noise. Stayed right there with my mouth open and even watched Booger and gang to see the highlights.

+1

I'm a very superstitious fan. I'm sure most of us are, but yeah I missed the comeback. I turned it off after that interception by Dobbs. I kept up with it on Twitter but it was so weird... As soon as I turned it off we started playing amazing so I decided not to watch it lol I did get to see the missed field goal to seal the victory though. I did all of volnation a huge favor. You're welcome and go vols

Reactions: 2 people
Was there til the end but almost turned it off. My wife convinced me otherwise saying to hang in there, we could wait another 3 or 4 minutes to watch them come back. She was right! What a game it was! Like many others, I kept switching from TN/SC to Ole Miss/Auburn but kept one or the other on pic in pic until it was full screen for The Vols at the end. Great game!

I admit I missed it. My DVR stopped at about 10 min. to go in the 4th. I had priors and couldn't watch it live, so I finally went on Facebook to see how bad we got beat and everybody was celebrating.

It was my daughters 21st birthday we went out but I dvred it. I watched the whole game in a drunken stupor after we got home. Had to rewatch it the next morning to appreciate one of the best comebacks in years! There's no quit in this team that's a great sign of things to come fellas!!!

admitted to it this morning on a post here. My not watching though must be the reason we won the game!! Taped the SEC channel game today but my heart cannot take too many more gut wrenching losses, so I have no issue anymore erasing the game and going to be peacefully.

I threw my wife out of the living room at the 4 min mark for saying "Why do this to your self again ." And again as she walked back in after the 3rd down sac to put the out of field goal range . I will admit i was calling for a 2 point try cause I didn't want overtime . But as the song goes You Can't always get what you want ,but if try sometimes you just might find you get what need . OOO HHHEEEEELLLL YYYEEEAAA BBBBUUUTTTCCCHHH BBBBAAABBBYYYY

I left it on, but muted the volume so I could listen to music and do other things while following the game thread on here some. When I saw we were catching up, I turned the sound back on.

I must confess I turned it off intentionally. Last year I turned of the SC game because I had to be some place for an important meeting and the vols came back and won. This year I figured if I turned it off history may repeat itself and it did. So maybe I just need to stop watching the games around half time and the vols will win out.

We were watching at my buddys apartment and one of my friends had one foot on the tile and one foot on the carpet so we had to sit in the same spots. If we are doing well we can't move. Also the white chicken chili helped to when we did bad we had to get another bowl. I hate being so superstitious haha

We were watching at my buddys apartment and one of my friends had one foot on the tile and one foot on the carpet so we had to sit in the same spots. If we are doing well we can't move. Also the white chicken chili helped to when we did bad we had to get another bowl. I hate being so superstitious haha

Hey, if it works, it WORKS! Get ready to put one foot on the tile and carpet for the next few games!

When USCe scored their last touchdown, I was screaming at the TV and turned the game off in frustration. My daughter heard me and came in and told me to not give up (I always tell her to never give up) and she made me a paper T for good luck. Turned the game back on and watched the last 2+ minutes. You think your kids never listen.

IMG_20141101_213402641.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
I was at Logan's Roadhouse with my Bama friend (eww, I know right?) and stayed up to the very end. Had comments from him like "No way y'all pull this out.", "It's going to take a miracle for y'all to even come back.", and "I'm drunk, can this game please be over."

Surprisingly he was actually pulling for us to beat the Cocks, not sure why, but he was.

And that miracle he mentioned, yea, that was the Rocketman, AstroDobbs. GO BIG ORANGE.

I'll admit that, after SC took a 14 point lead with five minutes to go, I turned the TV off and went to bed. I was shocked to see the paper Sunday morning that Ut stormed back and beat SC in overtime.

We kept it on, but what's funny is my wife looked at me when the fg was missed and asked why I wasn't fired up. I told her it was partial shock and that I may not have believed the game was over.

VN Store

Back