'22 TN ATH Barion Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
And good for him. I posted he wasn’t very good at TN. He wasn’t and as a result wasn’t drafted so does Martinez deserve credit?
Yes. Moseley played QB in high school. Was a 2 star recruit with ours being his only big offer. He shows up weighing 140 lbs - has to set an alarm for 2 am to wake up and eat a peanut butter sandwich every day to gain weight. Martinez makes this way-under-the-radar kid an instant and serviceable starter. Tremendous improvement from college to NFL. Martinez put him on the map.

And good for him. I posted he wasn’t very good at TN. He wasn’t and as a result wasn’t drafted so does Martinez deserve credit?

I mean you can look at this Data and figure it out for yourself lol.

But let me decipher it for you. Willie Martinez was his DB coach from 2014 to 2016. Each of those years Moseley got better as a DB. Moseley’s Junior year under Willie Martinez was his best year.

So yes, Willie Martinez gets credit for who Moseley was as a DB his production dropped off when Charlton Warren (Warren sucked btw) was his DB Coach in 2017.064B5144-980B-4883-9FEF-5FD627649F71.jpeg

Last edited:
Man, y’all get big mad at @de1conley when he is telling y’all facts. These are business decisions to them as it should be. We are blinded because we are fans and have no skin in the game. We want all the kids to go here but no need to hate or bash when they don’t. Go to bama and get rings and best exposure. Come to UT and be part of a rebuild. Some want that, not everyone though.

He isn’t saying facts. He posts nothing but BS. But hey keep believing him if you want. He has to try and stay relevant somehow.

Reactions: Volator
I didn’t want him back. I’m withholding judgement on his second act...best I can offer.
I had the same sentiment until I researched it more. I found I was literally just angry with Butch as a coach. Our secondary was better than perceived.

I had the same sentiment until I researched it more. I found I was literally just angry with Butch as a coach. Our secondary was better than perceived.
I didn’t imagine the DB’s not turning their heads out of some misplaced projection. Withholding judgement. If he kills it, I’ll reward him with silence.

Brown
Simpson
Horn
Like those 3 did- others will commit to different schools early imo.

We will get commitments from 3 stars. Maybe even 2 stars.

Then we will find ourselves 3-0 with one of the most exciting teams in college football.

If we best Florida. Everything changes.

He isn’t saying facts. He posts nothing but BS. But hey keep believing him if you want. He has to try and stay relevant somehow.
So... choosing Alabama isn’t the best route for any high school athlete to go if you have an offer? Please do tell.

Reactions: VolByLaw
So... choosing Alabama isn’t the best route for any high school athlete to go if you have an offer? Please do tell.

No, not always. Some players would be a backup there for years or a starter elsewhere. Depends on the situation, projected development and ceiling, and what the player is looking for.

I didn’t imagine the DB’s not turning their heads out of some misplaced projection. Withholding judgement. If he kills it, I’ll reward him with silence.

It was a problem, but in fairness we haven’t been good against the pass in a long tim. I know the stats weren’t terrible at a couple of points when we were worse versus the run. I think Martinez is a solid on the field coach. But DB, RB and WR coaches are also key recruiting positions. Martinez isn’t really that, isn’t well regarded for that in Middle Tennessee and as an older coach unlikely to improve as a recruiter.

It was a problem, but in fairness we haven’t been good against the pass in a long tim. I know the stats weren’t terrible at a couple of points when we were worse versus the run. I think Martinez is a solid on the field coach. But DB, RB and WR coaches are also key recruiting positions. Martinez isn’t really that, isn’t well regarded for that in Middle Tennessee and as an older coach unlikely to improve as a recruiter.
Do you have a link for the middle Tennessee stuff.... the only articles I have found talk about him being a good recruiter.... I have heard the concern about recruiting and middle Tennessee but have never seen anything reliable besides message board banter.

But let me decipher it for you. Willie Martinez was his DB coach from 2014 to 2016. Each of those years Moseley got better as a DB. Moseley’s Junior year under Willie Martinez was his best year.

So yes, Willie Martinez gets credit for who Moseley was as a DB his production dropped off when Charlton Warren (Warren sucked btw) was his DB Coach in 2017.View attachment 355224
Warren has climbed the ladder a bit since his departure when Butch was fired. DB coach at Florida in 2018, DB coach at Georgia the past 2 years, and now the DC at Indiana.

Reactions: LittleVol
No, not always. Some players would be a backup there for years or a starter elsewhere. Depends on the situation, projected development and ceiling, and what the player is looking for.
You will most likely be a back up. Practice with the best in the game, then when it’s your turn ball for 1 year and go pro. But you are right it’s what the player is looking for, not all want to sit.

Reactions: Kristy*
The four-star Class of 2022 wide receiver/athlete from Pearl-Cohn Entertainment Magnet High School in Nashville, Tenn., said he has been talking with the Vols “a couple times a week.” Tennessee now has plenty of competition for him, with at least 27 schools pursuing him, but he said Heupel’s staff has made a good impression on him so far.

“They just told me they’re going to give me the ball, and that’s what I like to hear,” Brown said during Saturday’s Rocky Top 7v7 Classic at Rocky Top Sports World. “They sound like they know what they’re doing this year.”

The 6-foot-1, 173-pound Brown said he feels that way about the Vols’ new coaches because of “just the way they’re telling me they run their offense — stuff like that.”

“It just sounds good,” said Brown, who’s ranked the No. 236 overall prospect and No. 14 athlete in the 2022 class and the No. 7 junior from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“They were just telling me how (the offense is) fast-paced, and be ready to read the defense as you’re running the route, and just get back on the ball and do the same thing again.”

Despite Heupel’s uptempo, spread offense — which made UCF one of the nation’s highest-scoring teams over the past three years — Brown said he still feels roughly “the same” about the Vols as he did during Pruitt’s tenure. Heupel was hired Jan. 27 to replace Pruitt, who was fired Jan. 18 amid an investigation into alleged NCAA recruiting violations.

Brown said he’s still getting to know Tennessee’s staff. He also has more schools battling for him than he did earlier in his recruitment, with more than a dozen teams having extended offers to him within the past two months.
-Callahan

I think it's a solid staff. With that said and as you stated every position is good except DB coach. In saying that everyone deserves a 2nd chance so we'll see how he does. Between Banks and Martinez I'm sure the DBs will get coaches better than Ansley was doing.
@de1conley follow on question. Thought we were done on D... Ekeler seems to have the juice and has been on P5 staff across the country. Do you think he’s another piece that can take us up a notch on D?

So yes, Willie Martinez gets credit for who Moseley was as a DB his production dropped off when Charlton Warren (Warren sucked btw) was his DB Coach in 2017.View attachment 355224

Warren is now Indiana's DC. Guess he's a better coordinator than position coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back