'24 TN CB Ondre Evans (uGA commit)

Yeah. this explains it. I watched him twice last year. In the State Championship game he was a complete non-factor against Lipscomb Academy at DB.

However, when you saw him run, you could tell he was a superior athlete.
Mentally it's just not there...
Most of his better plays of the junior film is on the offensive side. Heck, about 2/3 of the total highlights were offense. I dont see 4* db as of now from his jr film.

I guess we never pushed for this guy. LSU must have a different evaluation. Trying to figure out any other DBs that we might go after. We really need safeties for 2024, since we could be left with just Jourdan Thomas, John Slaughter and some question marks next year. Seems like Boo is a nickel and Farooq and Goree are true safeties.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I guess we never pushed for this guy. LSU must have a different evaluation. Trying to figure out any other DBs that we might go after. We really need safeties for 2024, since we could be left with just Jourdan Thomas, John Slaughter and some question marks next year. Seems like Boo is a nickel and Farooq and Goree are true safeties.

Wesley Walker and Christian Charles will be back in 2024.

Many more names will pop up. Also factor in the portal.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Yeah. this explains it. I watched him twice last year. In the State Championship game he was a complete non-factor against Lipscomb Academy at DB.

However, when you saw him run, you could tell he was a superior athlete.
Mentally it's just not there...
I honestly thought he would be a great addiction athletically, to the WR room. Really confused by the CB move. He is a kid that is low risk, high reward because he is a great athlete. Surprised at his commitment location though.

I honestly thought he would be a great addiction athletically, to the WR room. Really confused by the CB move. He is a kid that is low risk, high reward because he is a great athlete. Surprised at his commitment location though.
I don't think our WR room needs any addictions.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Were we ever in on Evans? Did we not think as highly of him? Seems weird that there was no traction between the 2 schools and he's rated #1 in the state by some.

Woah. I wasn’t upset about missing out on ondre but now I’m wondering why we didn’t push harder when we lead earlier in the cycle. Gotta be good if uga wanted him.

Maybe this will open the door for us with demello Jones? Probably not but one can hope!

Woah. I wasn’t upset about missing out on ondre but now I’m wondering why we didn’t push harder when we lead earlier in the cycle. Gotta be good if uga wanted him.

Maybe this will open the door for us with demello Jones? Probably not but one can hope!
Apparently, Tennessee was all over him as a WR but when he made the change to CB and decided that’s where he wants to play in college, UT lost interest. Sounds like UT doesn’t think much of him as a CB.

VN Store

Back