'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Wrong. The fact that the SEC remains the most powerful conference allows them to negotiate bigger contracts with media which in turn provides more revenue dispersed among it's members. More money equals, among other things, better facilities and better salaries to coaching staffs.
You’re right. Tennessee has really thrived during the last 10 years of SEC dominance.

The large amount of money Tennessee was getting thanks the dominance of our conference in the last decade didn't help us one bit. Money was never the issue. **** everyone but Tennessee.
Probably helped with all those buyouts we've had to pay. Tennessee's problem wasn't everyone else doing well. Our problem was incompetence in the administration that kept hamstringing us with budget hires that didn't work out. We screwed ourselves far worse than anyone else did.

Probably helped with all those buyouts we've had to pay. Tennessee's problem wasn't everyone else doing well. Our problem was incompetence in the administration that kept hamstringing us with budget hires that didn't work out. We screwed ourselves far worse than anyone else did.
A Tennessee tradition like no other.

More money to all teams has actually made it harder to beat traditional doormats like Kentucky and South Carolina. More money helps the league stand out from other conferences but actually makes it harder to compete within the conference.

Agreed. Kentucky and Vanderbilt for that matter have benefited from SEC money even when they are traditional doormats. It allowed them to upgrade their facilities. Vanderbilt has the endowment fund but wouldn't spend a dime on sports.

Agreed. Kentucky and Vanderbilt for that matter have benefited from SEC money even when they are traditional doormats. It allowed them to upgrade their facilities. Vanderbilt has the endowment fund but wouldn't spend a dime on sports.
I agree. The conference increase in revenue helped the teams in the lower half of the conference to become more competitive and created more of an even playing field.

Kids playing a game... caption literally says “talk to me” with an emoji like a teenage girl.
But if he doesn’t want to be here; then so be it.

I think once they start playing this game it's practically over. Time to move on. Too many fans giving this attention. If a recruit is serious they tend to lay low about it.

I think once they start playing this game it's practically over. Time to move on. Too many fans giving this attention. If a recruit is serious they tend to lay low about it.

It was also said that this will go until signing day, that if he wavers on his commitment to Auburn or flips, nothing would be made public immediately, and that Pruitt will still have an in home visit with him and he may be back on campus next month. I don't think this one is over. It will be a hard pull, but it doesn't seem like anyone knows anything for sure here yet. We're still in this I'd bet.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
I hope so, I don't care what this dude did, if they can get him, then I want him on the team.

They can fix whatever issues, If there are any issues..later.

I would rather have him than DW...he is at a much more important position to this team imo. Dudes like him that are perfect for 3-4 DE do not grow in trees.

Hardy/Washington are not a decision to be made. And DWs don’t grow on trees either! He’s more of a rarity.

VN Store

Back