'25 TN QB George MacIntyre (Tennessee commit)

Feels like this is said about the in state class every year.

Twelve 4*+ in state in ‘22.
Nine 4*+ in state in ‘23.
Nine 4*+ in state in ‘24.
Seven 4*+ in state in ‘25 as of right now.

There are three top 70 players which is different than most years (although ‘22 class had the same) but not many top prospects overall in state as of right now in the rankings.
2017 was ridiculously better

Me neither. But if the staff views two players as identical value and attributes and no more interest in recruiting from one school vs the other, why not take the Tennessee kid?
Of course. Just don’t freak out over the ones without interest. Players like to go to different states.

Feels like this is said about the in state class every year.

Twelve 4*+ in state in ‘22.
Nine 4*+ in state in ‘23.
Nine 4*+ in state in ‘24.
Seven 4*+ in state in ‘25 as of right now.

There are three top 70 players which is different than most years (although ‘22 class had the same) but not many top prospects overall in state as of right now in the rankings.
That 2022 class was probably the best recently off the top of my head

Reactions: MarcoVol
Of course. Just don’t freak out over the ones without interest. Players like to go to different states.
Not at all. What gave you that impression? I don’t care where they come from as long as they’re the best possible. Just speaking to the potential of a top class and an observation about the in state talent. Probably easier to get a Tennessee kid than out of state. So the better the in state crop, the better chances of a top class.

What about the Josh Malone, Kyle Phillips, TK, class… That was a pretty solid class as well.
Hurd and Malone were both 5*s by at least one service. Derek Barnett, TK, Gaulden, Wharton, Jashon Robertson all in that instate class. Charles Moseley was another 4* who didn't pan out. Alex Bars was a 4* out of MBA who went to ND and was a preseason All American before tearing up his knee. Phillips was in the 2015 class, along with Van Jefferson, Jauan Jennings, Drew Richmond, Jack Jones, Ugo Amadi, and Ke'Shawn Vaughn. Two really good instate classes in a row.

Hurd and Malone were both 5*s by at least one service. Derek Barnett, TK, Gaulden, Wharton, Jashon Robertson all in that instate class. Charles Moseley was another 4* who didn't pan out. Alex Bars was a 4* out of MBA who went to ND and was a preseason All American before tearing up his knee. Phillips was in the 2015 class, along with Van Jefferson, Jauan Jennings, Drew Richmond, Jack Jones, Ugo Amadi, and Ke'Shawn Vaughn. Two really good instate classes in a row.

The fact Butch didn’t have one play off appearance with all that talent speaks volume of his coaching skill.

Embarrassing.

Me neither. But if the staff views two players as identical value and attributes and no more interest in recruiting from one school vs the other, why not take the Tennessee kid?
Not simply why not imo. But more definitively yes.

If you view the player from California as more valuable than the player from Tennessee, then absolutely go get the player from California. We should be targeting the best players possible, regardless of location.

But if you view the “return” of both players (assets in this exercise) as equal - then you should absolutely take the Tennessee player. You likely expend fewer resources acquiring the local player, and they therefore present the better “value” to the program.

Not simply why not imo. But more definitively yes.

If you view the player from California as more valuable than the player from Tennessee, then absolutely go get the player from California. We should be targeting the best players possible, regardless of location.

But if you view the “return” of both players (assets in this exercise) as equal - then you should absolutely take the Tennessee player. You likely expend fewer resources acquiring the local player, and they therefore present the better “value” to the program.
And you’re building goodwill with that high school/coaching staff/area, which will be more important down the road than the one in California.

Yep.

Means Madden will probably stay out West somewhere.

I don't think that is what it means, unless Madden already decided that is where he wants to be. Why do I say that? Because Madden knows how good he and Nico are. If you are implying that Madden would be afraid to compete, I disagree by seriously doubting he would shrink from competition. If Madden decides that he wants to play at Tennessee, then he will commit to Tennessee.

I don't think that is what it means, unless Madden already decided that is where he wants to be. Why do I say that? Because Madden knows how good he and Nico are. If you are implying that Madden would be afraid to compete, I disagree by seriously doubting he would shrink from competition. If Madden decides that he wants to play at Tennessee, then he will commit to Tennessee.
Madden isn't coming here.

Just like we were never getting GMac and Deuce, if Madden is as good as everyone thinks (currently ranked #10 QB), then we aren’t getting both.

Tennessee would still take him but it’s highly unlikely you’ll get both in the same class.

VN Store

Back