'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Lmao these are just Ty and his friend trolling on website. Nobody is working out a NIL deal for a kid the staff isn’t talking to.

This isn’t true. I know there were some potential NIL deals with Tennessee ties late September being discussed for a handful of in state guys, but I’m pretty sure nothing came of them, except for maybe one guy who then came to a game to “visit”, I don’t expect Ty to flip.

I think a kernel of truth led to this spiraling out of control and people reading way too much into things. Honestly not sure how the info even got out to begin with.

Who cares about this kid. He's trash. I'm good with our current kid.
If the staff is actually communicating with him in secret (I believe that there’s truth to it), then it says something not only about their opinion on Ty, but also about their opinion on Tayven.

Reactions: golfballs
For the love of mankind.

For one, I don’t think Ty flips. Two, I think it is possible Tayven is a better product for our system. Three, I think it presents bad optics if Ty wanted in, UT wanted Ty and Tayven is left by the wayside.

All of this being said, the way VQ handled this made it seem like there was potentially smoke. Especially in conjunction with the Trey Teague tweet and the way CJH has the Vols playing above their weight class. Just because some of us believe there actually might be some smoke here does not mean we think Ty is flipping, that he is better, etc.
Louder for those in the back.

I care. I want the best players possible. Simpson is ranked higher than Jackson for a reason. You can't hold grudges in recruiting or you'll get fired.

I think you might be over obsessing with the recruiting rankings. Jackson has done ever imaginable at the class 6a level in Indiana. Oh ya…he was also ranked the no1 basketball player in metro Indianapolis last year. I’d say they probably have some good high school players in that area. His win/loss percentage is unbelievable. Has not lost a game in two years and the margin of victory is like 30 points per game. He’s also 6’4”, seems to be very fast and elusive as a runner, and as a very powerful arm. I think part of the reason Simpson is ranked higher is because his father is a hs coach. It’s not that the father is pushing his name per say so much that Simpson knows how to navigate the landscape due to growing up in that environment. I think Jackson will be the better player with unquestionably the better offensive (and qb) coach.

If the staff is actually communicating with him in secret (I believe that there’s truth to it), then it says something not only about their opinion on Ty, but also about their opinion on Tayven.
They have two QBs on the roster right now and could potentially be down to one...not counting Tayven. They HAVE to add more QBs than Tayven to the 2022 roster. The leading thought is that someone will come from the portal, but if someone like Simpson expressed renewed interest, then I could see them doing a little communication to gauge how serious things are. That's probably all that's going on right now if these rumors are true...which they likely are not...so implying they have soured on Tayven is a huge reach.

It says nothing about Tayven. We have 2 scholarship QB's (1 being Joe Milton). Depending on how Hendon Hooker finishes the season, his draft stock could shoot up. Ty Simpson is a great fit for this offense. If HH leaves you need another high school QB and one from the portal.

This isn’t true. I know there were some potential NIL deals with Tennessee ties late September being discussed for a handful of in state guys, but I’m pretty sure nothing came of them, except for maybe one guy who then came to a game to “visit”, I don’t expect Ty to flip.

I think a kernel of truth led to this spiraling out of control and people reading way too much into things. Honestly not sure how the info even got out to begin with.
If this kid has to negotiate to become a Vol then good luck in Tuscaloosa.

I think you might be over obsessing with the recruiting rankings. Jackson has done ever imaginable at the class 6a level in Indiana. Oh ya…he was also ranked the no1 basketball player in metro Indianapolis last year. I’d say they probably have some good high school players in that area. His win/loss percentage is unbelievable. Has not lost a game in two years and the margin of victory is like 30 points per game. He’s also 6’4”, seems to be very fast and elusive as a runner, and as a very powerful arm. I think part of the reason Simpson is ranked higher is because his father is a hs coach. It’s not that the father is pushing his name per say so much that Simpson knows how to navigate the landscape due to growing up in that environment. I think Jackson will be the better player with unquestionably the better offensive (and qb) coach.
And, for those who just HAVE TO obsess over the ratings, Jackson has moved up almost 240 spots in just under a year; could possibly be a top 200 player by the time he signs, even top 150, maybe. He lifts another State Championship, his 2nd, 3rd(?) (something Simpson can't even sniff), adds a ton more weight to bump him up. Kid is the epitome of 'winner'.

You know this is an interesting take and it could be true. Now according to VQ mods there hasn't been any dialogue between Ty and the staff at all. Maybe his Dad has talked to the staff. I know this would be a crazy deal but let him come in as a preferred walk-on. I know they would take him that way. I mean if he can get an NIL deal worth a million or something paying his own way wouldn't be a problem. Look I know that's a ridiculous take or statement I just made. I just don't know if he is a take for this staff right now. He might be but Vols already have a loyal Tayven Jackson they are going to sign. If Hooker comes back Ty Simpson wouldn't be starting anyway. Not sure he would start if Hooker goes Pro and Milton is the guy next spring.
And yet you made it anyway

It says nothing about Tayven. We have 2 scholarship QB's (1 being Joe Milton). Depending on how Hendon Hooker finishes the season, his draft stock could shoot up. Ty Simpson is a great fit for this offense. If HH leaves you need another high school QB and one from the portal.
Imo, you have to believe Heupel is going after another QB in this class, ESPECIALLY now that Bailey is gone; and, you have to believe it has been discussed with Jackson...and, he HAS TO understand the need to do so...a second QB in this class, and one from the portal makes the team better. I know the circumstances, but we have lost 4 QBs in less than a year; we HAVE TO bring in three this cycle between the class and portal to get back to healthy at the position...starter, backup, depth, competition wise.

I care. I want the best players possible. Simpson is ranked higher than Jackson for a reason. You can't hold grudges in recruiting or you'll get fired.

Ranked high than Jackson for a reason.

That is absolutely correct. A reason. Possibly even a few reasons. Are those ACTUAL reasons he is ranked higher indicative that he will be a more successful QB in college. Nope at all.

Ranked high than Jackson for a reason.

That is absolutely correct. A reason. Possibly even a few reasons. Are those ACTUAL reasons he is ranked higher indicative that he will be a more successful QB in college. Nope at all.
Jackson doesnt appear to have had the blue chip grooming of the Bammer. Along with that are the coaching and recruiting contacts, politics, camps, and exposure. Constant coaching from Diddy.

I want someone who has higher ceiling. Get em both if you can. But, Bammer went through the process and chose the enemy. To haites.

VN Store

Back