'25 TN RB Shekai Mills-Knight

…like it means a damn thing.
Being that it's his actual uncle...
And that the kid is also tall- albeit a different build than Usual Bolt- it stands to reason there may be some amount of speed coaching given to the nephew at some point in time in the near future.

So yes. It certainly means a "damn" thing.

Last edited:
Being that it's his actual uncle...
And that the kid is also tall- albeit a different build than Usual Bolt- it stands to reason there may some amount of speed coaching given to the nephew at some point in time in the near future.

So yes. It certainly means a "damn" thing.
Once he gets going downhill, he can really move. All you can ask for with a big back that’s already 6’2/215 coming off an injury

Just examined his highlights -
Played well against Carson Gentle- ran through a 1 v 1 tackle, twice
Went against Ed Spillman with less amount of success but still looked good.

Looks to bounce outside a little bit much when the lane is not clearly there. Runs high but has very light feet for such a big dude.

He's going to be 6'1 235 running a 4.4 one day.
This would be an outstanding pickup

Since he visited earlier this month, in-state RB Shekai Mills-Knight has continued to like what he has heard from the staff at Tennessee. He has locked in a June 14th official visit to Knoxville, as his recruitment continues to pick up steam. Miami, Auburn, and several others are heavy in this one right now as well.
-VQ

RC all but said this kid and Cameron Sparks are the only two remaining in state kids were actively pursuing, now that Dodson, Jackson, and GM are in the boat.
That surprises be. At one time we were the favorite for Jaylan Morgan, but seem to have backed off. I thought we were after Carson Lawrence, though.

RC all but said this kid and Cameron Sparks are the only two remaining in state kids were actively pursuing, now that Dodson, Jackson, and GM are in the boat.
Interesting with the two IOL and DL from the sewahs of dyersburg. OD will rant about this until he commits to Tamu then to Famu, then us in 2036

Last edited:
That surprises be. At one time we were the favorite for Jaylan Morgan, but seem to have backed off. I thought we were after Carson Lawrence, though.
I think "actively" is the operative word here and even that may be strong. They're absolutely recruiting Morgan (who now has a UGA offer, which is obviously a nice sign of talent but also doesn't motivate the UT staff per se) and a few others. But a guy like that likely isn't being pushed by our staff for a commitment, which is a differentiator.

Yea, I'm sure that was a mistake on his end. Utley was probably a top 3 want in the state by our coaches. I also thought Jaylan Morgan was viewed as a priority.

The mistake was on my end.

IIRC the question to RC was something like “who else from Tennessee should fans be aware of” … they had touched on Sparks earlier so RC basically said Sparks and Mills Knight. Said we want the Vandy commit LB to camp, and if he shows what they think he will we might prioritize. Said we weren’t prioritizing Chauncey Gooden (Clemson commit)

All paraphrased. It’s on the Radarious Jackson 247 pod (no Wes, so tolerable). I listened at 5am on my drive to work so still half asleep.

VN Store

Back