'25 TN WR Radarious Jackson (Tennessee commit)

Have seen multiple people on Twitter talking about the look on his mom’s face when he committed. Seems like some people will try to find something in nothing.

I mean….it definitely wasn’t nothing lol. She was definitely pissed. Not that I care, because we’ve had parents who love us have their kids choose elsewhere. I just would be curious to know what it is she was upset about.

I wouldn’t worry about the parents.

They stand to benefit from his development as a player. Sometimes family doesn’t know what’s best for “you”.

What was the deal with the parents’ response? They not like Tennessee?

When I talked to his Dad he sounded like a Deion fanboy. At least that’s what I took from the conversation. FYI that wasn’t the Dad on that video. Some of these kids come from the bottom forreal, and he’s one of those guys. That guy next to him has been on the high school scene for a while. Sort of like a low level Memphis based Kenyatta Watson, I’m sure he takes kids on visits who parents don’t have the means to. I’m rooting for him, and looking forward to seeing him again and letting him know great decision.

When I talked to his Dad he sounded like a Deion fanboy. At least that’s what I took from the conversation. FYI that wasn’t the Dad on that video. Some of these kids come from the bottom forreal, and he’s one of those guys. That guy next to him has been on the high school scene for a while. Sort of like a low level Memphis based Kenyatta Watson, I’m sure he takes kids on visits who parents don’t have the means to. I’m rooting for him, and looking forward to seeing him again and letting him know great decision.
I brought up James Pearce earlier.
He’s from west Charlotte which is as tough as any neighborhood in Memphis.
He played at JC Chambers, but he grew up rough too and in 12 more months that kid is going to change his whole family’s fortunes with the amount of money he’s going to make.
Top 10 NFL draft pick and filthy rich.

Radarius Jackson is good enough to be that same story. So glad he’s a VOL!!

I brought up James Pearce earlier.
He’s from west Charlotte which is as tough as any neighborhood in Memphis.
He played at JC Chambers, but he grew up rough too and in 12 more months that kid is going to change his whole family’s fortunes with the amount of money he’s going to make.
Top 10 NFL draft pick and filthy rich.

Radarius Jackson is good enough to be that same story. So glad he’s a VOL!!
My wife didn’t know what a college football was until she met me. She knows keeping up with UT football is my #1 hobby, that’s where it starts and stops. When I explained to her the opportunity this kid has it made her thrilled. I showed her the video of Boo & Matthews picking up those Mercedes, and explained to her about NIL and how this kid would be looked after of by the endless amount of UT boosters around the city of Memphis. And how that’s a real thing. The kid when I told him sincerely he should go to UT, he kind of wasn’t feeling it. Then he visited Knox two weeks later, then committed. I’d like the think I put a stain on the kid brain, I mean I come from the bottom as well here in Memphis. But I made it out, and I’m doing very well for myself. I’m sure he noticed that, and glad if I was able to nudge him in that direction.

My wife didn’t know what a college football was until she met me. She knows keeping up with UT football is my #1 hobby, that’s where it starts and stops. When I explained to her the opportunity this kid has it made her thrilled. I showed her the video of Boo & Matthews picking up those Mercedes, and explained to her about NIL and how this kid would be looked after of by the endless amount of UT boosters around the city of Memphis. And how that’s a real thing. The kid when I told him sincerely he should go to UT, he kind of wasn’t feeling it. Then he visited Knox two weeks later, then committed. I’d like the think I put a stain on the kid brain, I mean I come from the bottom as well here in Memphis. But I made it out, and I’m doing very well for myself. I’m sure he noticed that, and glad if I was able to nudge him in that direction.
was sorry to hear about the tragedy yesterday in OM. Saying its gang related. Prayers for all.

The mom not only looked disappointed but surprised. Maybe when he paused she thought he was going to pick someone else.

was sorry to hear about the tragedy yesterday in OM. Saying its gang related. Prayers for all.
It’s sad, was once a proud neighborhood. Still happy to be from there, but I grew up in the Coach T/Cedric Wilson days over there. It’s not the same anymore, I don’t even drive through unless I’m visiting a relative.

not sure how, everyone else on Earth knew it was Tennessee
Was saying maybe she knew but thought she had changed his mind. Or he had just been telling her TN to aggregate her but paused to get her attention before saying what she wanted to hear. IDK, it was just awkward.

The mom not only looked disappointed but surprised. Maybe when he paused she thought he was going to pick someone else.
If recruiting analysts know where your son is going before you do then A) you don’t talk to your son often or B) you just wanted some attention and somehow made the moment about you. I wouldn’t worry about that IMO

If recruiting analysts know where your son is going before you do then A) you don’t talk to your son often or B) you just wanted some attention and somehow made the moment about you. I wouldn’t worry about that IMO
Not worrying. Curious. Now go talk to granny.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back