To those in favor of the "F You Florida" Chant

I was at the College of Business for the tailgate and Coach Fulmer was speaking. Someone asked Fulmer specifically about What he thought about the FU Florida chant.

He said.. "We all did things when we were young and emotions got the best of us." Basically saying, it's a frustrating time ...
But he also said> Butch Jones is the coach for the job. Get behind him he will succeed.

Now that I've heard the student section chant this there is no way any of my daughters will ever attend UT.

Sarcasm? If not, don't let them go to Australia.
The f-bomb is part of the national vocabulary.

Students will be students. On the other hand, the chancellor of my Alma Mater caught in the act of eating a booger caused me more concern.

Between this incident and the coach "Supposedly"trying to trip an Ole Piss player kleenex is gona go bankrupt trying to dry up all the tears....Jesus alot of u guys get butt-hurt real easy in here.Lol there gnna hand out tampons at the gate for volnation members only...

Students will be students. On the other hand, the chancellor of my Alma Mater caught in the act of eating a booger caused me more concern.

A blatant example of where our society has gone. Poorly educated with no respect for structure or pride. What a shame.

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently members of the UF coaching staff have taken recordings of our "F U Florida" chant that took place and are sending them to recruits' family members (grandparents, parents, aunts/uncles, etc...). THhis is with the idea of "would you really like your kid to play for a fan base that chants this?" So keep that in mind as we host Bama and try and keep it class.

(Edit after all the smartass responses) The reason I bring this up is that as a member of a student organization on campus we were approached by Butch this weekend to try and encourage the student body not to do this because it's harming recruiting. I too have my smartass responses but since it came from BUTCH JONES himself I thought I'd post.

The worse thing we could do to them is give them an "L" on their FB schedule next year.

Yawn........they're college students. Geez

Sitting at the UTC game with my dad while it was sort of boring time. He told me a few stories about when he was a student at UT in the late 50's. He told me about a riot when TN lost to UTC among the students that caused the police to use tear gas. He also talked about fist fights on the field where students from the stands came on the field to help.

It's not a new society. Young people have always been the same in one way or another.

I'm glad that you picked up on the sarcasm......kids hear worse than that in Jr High.....

A blatant example of where our society has gone. Poorly educated with no respect for structure or pride. What a shame.

"Blatant example"? Lighten up, Clark. Seemed to recall I heard the same argument in the 60's re: rock & roll being our demise. SMH.

Wow! Times they are a changin'.

That school sitting right in the middle of the CFB recruiting Mother Lode has resorted to "negative recruiting" to try and steal prospects from UT.

Sit back and relax folks. In a couple of years this could get real good.

Apparently members of the UF coaching staff have taken recordings of our "F U Florida" chant that took place and are sending them to recruits' family members (grandparents, parents, aunts/uncles, etc...). THhis is with the idea of "would you really like your kid to play for a fan base that chants this?" So keep that in mind as we host Bama and try and keep it class.

(Edit after all the smartass responses) The reason I bring this up is that as a member of a student organization on campus we were approached by Butch this weekend to try and encourage the student body not to do this because it's harming recruiting. I too have my smartass responses but since it came from BUTCH JONES himself I thought I'd post.

Shut up !!!

It is much worse when it comes from the coach. I would just counter with a tape of a bright red faced Muschamp screaming (possible even cursing) at his players.

I agree, we shouldn't target teams with ugly words. Perhaps instead we can replace the chant with F U kiffen!

or True Vols Hate Bama But Everyone Gets Lucky With Layla!

VN Store

Back