Today's OC List According To "Some Media".....

Wrong. They wouldn't put out a definite that no announcement will come until after ESD if they didn't have their guy because they would want to announce if they found him in the interim.
If ESD was a month out maybe, but we're only talking about 6 days from now. That could just as easily be we don't have anyone as of now, recruiting visits are planned the next few days, and we'll look at more interviews next week.

"They" haven't put anything out. It was a report off volquest. And what did that report say?

A source inside the program tells Volquest that Pruitt won't make a hire before the early signing period. Why? Because he is looking to find someone who checks all the boxes.

Sounds like the coach search may still be on.

According to NFL Yack-Back, If Browns come to terms with Bruce Arians to be HC he is quoted as saying he would only consider the job if Kitchens stays with the Browns.

I'd seen that too. Think Arians could turn the Browns into a playoff team and it says something that he wants Kitchens.

Arians has a long history with Kitchens. He coached him at Alabama. Kitchens was his TE coach at Arizona for years.

I'm hoping we have the right guy and it is just a matter of negotiating the final contract. There are so many out there that are making big bucks, we just need to outbid someone (i.e., FSU or ilk)

Florida State offensive coordinator search intel

This is from the Florida State SB Nation website..........reading into it, sounds like there may be a little more baggage with Briles than some more prominent programs are willing to deal with. And there may be some more negative to come.........almost seems like they've pumped the brakes on Briles too.

On the flip side, I kind of have a SLIVERof hope that Briles still comes (IF WE CAN CLEAR HIM) here based on the fact that it seems that Briles will want to Bring Lebby as his QB coach from UCF and we know its rumored that Pruitt met with Lebby. I understand I'm just grasping at straws. But WANTING to believe Matthews narrative that we "have our guy / 95% done" I wonder if we are waiting until all the skeletons are dumped out of the closet before announcing and officially signing him?

THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT / TRYING TO PIECE A JIGSAW PUZZLE TOGETHER

Would love that. But he doesnt run the same offensive scheme as Pruitt. Maybe Pruitt is willing to change, hope so to get briles.

I thought FSU picked up little Briles. Rae Carruth is available and apparently we only have to pay him in boxes of Cheerios.
Where is that PC for Briles? Are they going to mess this thing up? Would be the most FSU thing ever!

- SemenholeNation prolly

Reactions: Behr
dunno, just throwing that out there. Could also be a former NFL player....our OC must also coach QB's as well. This person could also be somewhat new at the job himself.
We did interview a QB coach as well. I know it was rumored for the OC job but I just don't see Lebby being a candidate for OC here.

1. Smart gave their hotshot recruiter "Co/OC" title to keep him on staff after last season.
2. Smart stripped Chaney of the QB coaching duties and gave them to this hot shot recruiter to keep him.
3. Chaney still calls plays but isn't happy about being a "co-OC and not happy about not coaching the QB's.
4 Money. He makes over $300k less than Helton did.
5. His contract ends in January, and they still haven't worked out a new deal.

Its Jim Chaney.
And Jim will bring Pittman with him because weinke will leave after early signing day! Friend and Pittman will get the o line right!

1. Smart gave their hotshot recruiter "Co/OC" title to keep him on staff after last season.
2. Smart stripped Chaney of the QB coaching duties and gave them to this hot shot recruiter to keep him.
3. Chaney still calls plays but isn't happy about being a "co-OC and not happy about not coaching the QB's.
4 Money. He makes over $300k less than Helton did.
5. His contract ends in January, and they still haven't worked out a new deal.

Its Jim Chaney.
regardless of reasons above, logic says no way he'd do this... however, since there's no logic in this coaching search, maybe there's a chance.

Logic is something a coaching search inside the football program hasn't seen is a damn long time.

I think, based on absolutely no information, logic, or common sense, the OC hire will come down to one of these:
Yurcich--Know his name has cooled off but still have a hunch
Cooter---Good hire based on the offensive TShirt value alone
Briles---see Yurcich. However, if FSU thinks you're unethical, that's BAD.
Dude from Notre Dame--We won't look slow to him.
Streeter---Ready to make the move up.

I think, based on absolutely no information, logic, or common sense, the OC hire will come down to one of these:
Yurcich--Know his name has cooled off but still have a hunch
Cooter---Good hire based on the offensive TShirt value alone
Briles---see Yurcich. However, if FSU thinks you're unethical, that's BAD.
Dude from Notre Dame--We won't look slow to him.
Streeter---Ready to make the move up.

I don’t think it’s Yurcich, otherwise he would be here.
Cooter is a possibility but will he leave the NFL.
Briles could still happen but i think he wants to bring in his OL coach and QB coach.
The dude from ND fits the Doug Mathews narrative and that’s why they are waiting.
I think Streeter would be interesting. The only issue I have is that he hasn’t been a coordinator. Pruitt may need someone he can turn the reigns over to and not worry about it.

I don’t think it’s Yurcich, otherwise he would be here.
Cooter is a possibility but will he leave the NFL.
Briles could still happen but i think he wants to bring in his OL coach and QB coach.
The dude from ND fits the Doug Mathews narrative and that’s why they are waiting.
I think Streeter would be interesting. The only issue I have is that he hasn’t been a coordinator. Pruitt may need someone he can turn the reigns over to and not worry about it.
Agree. The thing with Streeter is depending on how Dabo runs his staff he may have had a ton of input and be more ready than position coaches at other places. Hard to tell from the outside. As a fan and a retired coach I really like the way Clemson runs their program, recruits, and deals with kids. That type of experience is hard to beat.

despite some fans feelings and some thinking for some unknown reason he should beg for forgiveness (the dumbest **** ive ever read), Tee Martin is a great choice here!

26ppg minus sam darnold, 32ppg with....and before anyone says PAC-12...remember thats where KC came from and some thought he was the answer

great recruiter
former vol and vol legend
from the south, mainly bama (could steal recruits from saban)
has nfl guys that can vouch that are well-known
former vols/ teammates would vouch for him

About what we were afraid would happen...on to candidate 12, 13, 14...
I just dont think Tennessee has any ideal who they are going to hire. My guess is they will hire someone who is left out. Thats why we are way behind Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, and Texas A/M. Even Vandy dont have the problems we have hiring a coach. This is just crazy.

I think one of two things is going on....

- Some of the signals point to a deal already being in place, but not announced because the coach's team is still playing. Pruitt understands the distraction from his experience last year and wants to avoid that for this person.
or
- Market is locked up for many coordinator positions because best candidates may also be Head Coaching candidates. Until those dominoes fall, best candidates prefer to keep their options open.

Reactions: TitanicVolz

VN Store

Back