Tom Herman thread [merged]

Herman said that while fans might cheer on black student-athletes on the field, off the field fans can treat them entirely differently. “Can the average fan relate? No, they can’t,” In an interview with Austin American-Statesman’s Brian Davis. “There’s a double standard maybe a little bit. We’re going to pack 100,000 people into DKR and millions watch on TV that are predominantly white — not all of them certainly, but most of ’em white. We’re gonna cheer when they score touchdowns, and we’re gonna hug our buddy when they get sacks or an interception. But we gonna let them date our daughter? Are we going to hire them in a position of power in our company? That’s the question I have for America. You can’t have it both ways. And if you’re going to cheer them and love them for three-and-a-half hours a Saturday in the fall, you better have the same feelings for them off the field, because they’re human beings. They deserve the same amount of respect and human rights that all of us do in this country when we agreed on the social contract to be a member of the United States.”
Hire Herman if ur gonna hire anybody. My son a 5star...this guy gets it!

Saing Texas and Tennessee are similar in recent years gives ammunition to all those who think Tennessee fans are delusional. It is not even close.

Start wherever, but if we start with the year following Texas' national championship we see:

Texas has, over the last 15 years:
5 double digit win seasons
11 winning seasons
11 seasons with a winning record in conference
A 32-18 record over the last 4 years - the record of the coach they have fired.

Tennessee has over the last 15 years:
1 double digit win season
7 winning seasons
4 seasons with a winning record in conference
A 16-19 record over last 3 years (Pruitt) and 20-27 over last 4 years

I honestly, was blown away when I heard the news... Yikes!!! no losing seasons, 4 straight bowl wins.....

there is only 1 Nick Satan guys.... I don't know the answer, but firing this guy does not seem like the correct one to me.

I think Quinn Ewers flipping to tOSU was the proverbial straw. Sarkisian is a QB whisperer with an exciting offense. This was a play to retain 5 star offensive phenoms in the state.

Reactions: CSVol
If Sark is the best Texas can do; then that job is a lot worse than I thought.
It’s not what it used to be. The Sips shot themselves in the a** when they chases A&M out of the conference with that Longhorn Network crap. The Ags were never going to be their vassal like BayLOL, Purple Baylor, etc. chose to be. A&M’s move elevated them above tu in recruiting as a result. The 40 Acres is now on par with Lubbock. 🤣

Reactions: 74charger
It’s not what it used to be. The Sips shot themselves in the a** when they chases A&M out of the conference with that Longhorn Network crap. The Ags were never going to be their vassal like BayLOL, Purple Baylor, etc. chose to be. A&M’s move elevated them above tu in recruiting as a result. The 40 Acres is now on par with Lubbock. 🤣
I agree with your Longhorn Network point. Said it when it was first announced. The rest of your post is overkill. When it’s at it’s best, no one can hold serve with that outfit in state recruits.

Reactions: LittleVol and CSVol
Sarkisian will light up Oklahoma while at Texas....his offensive genius will not be matched by Riley. CFB is about power offenses with good defenses...BIG 12 don’t even play defense...perfect hire for that situation.

Lol. You’re kidding, right??

Texas fires Herman after going 7-3 and we keep cornbread after going 3-7. We deserve all the crap we get and then some!
Sark has already had 2 stints at HC and underwhelmed. They called him Seven Win Sark at WA Some guys are just better co-ordinators. Firing Herman was ridiculous. TX is a coaching graveyard. Sark will be right where Herman is 3 years from now

I figure this was Urban's ultimate revenge on Herman for the Zach Smith stuff. Urban probably let it be known he wanted the Texas job with no real intention of actually taking it. That upended everything for Herman at Texas. No coach will survive too long when the school is actively courting another head coach.

Now Texas and Herman are probably both screwed. Sarkisian was already at a Texas when he was at USC. He didn't win big and it drove him to drink.

I figure this was Urban's ultimate revenge on Herman for the Zach Smith stuff. Urban probably let it be known he wanted the Texas job with no real intention of actually taking it. That upended everything for Herman at Texas. No coach will survive too long when the school is actively courting another head coach.

Now Texas and Herman are probably both screwed. Sarkisian was already at a Texas when he was at USC. He didn't win big and it drove him to drink.

You all do realize that USC was trying to undermine Sark right? They were digging stuff up about his tabs and bills for recruiting trips at Washington. They wanted him gone because he looked like he was on the same trajectory as lane. USC should have realized that they needed a massive rebuild after Carroll left.

Sark has already had 2 stints at HC and underwhelmed. They called him Seven Win Sark at WA Some guys are just better co-ordinators. Firing Herman was ridiculous. TX is a coaching graveyard. Sark will be right where Herman is 3 years from now
Agreed. Texas did not upgrade. At the most they broke even.

I'm sure he could and probably will land another HC job somewhere but what about bringing him in as OC ?

I actually think Sark will have them competing close to OU in two years. He’s got the connections and the personality that people will like in Austin. Would have been a great fit here.
I think so too, but I also recognize he is a real wild card hire. Like Kiffin was for us. Anxious to see who the DC will be.

You all do realize that USC was trying to undermine Sark right? They were digging stuff up about his tabs and bills for recruiting trips at Washington. They wanted him gone because he looked like he was on the same trajectory as lane. USC should have realized that they needed a massive rebuild after Carroll left.

The final straw was when he showed up for a booster event visibly drunk. That was completely on him.

Reactions: Skippy95
Sarkisian will light up Oklahoma while at Texas....his offensive genius will not be matched by Riley. CFB is about power offenses with good defenses...BIG 12 don’t even play defense...perfect hire for that situation.
Not sure how you came to this conclusion. Riley is one of the best coaches in CFB. He is Much better than Sark.

VN Store

Back