Trey "THE HOSS" Smith

If Cade Mays can come in next year and be at the same level that Trey is playing at. Man look out Ty Chandler will have some numbers( thats just assuming John Jelly Kelly goes pro after this season.
Going to have a top SEC O-Line for years to come.

If Cade Mays can come in next year and be at the same level that Trey is playing at. Man look out Ty Chandler will have some numbers( thats just assuming John Jelly Kelly goes pro after this season.

Whoa! Can John Kelly go pro after this season? Dang, just looked. You're right, he can. Don't know why I was thinking he was a sophomore. Shoot, we will definitely miss him.

Whoa! Can John Kelly go pro after this season? Dang, just looked. You're right, he can. Don't know why I was thinking he was a sophomore. Shoot, we will definitely miss him.

I love JK and think he will be great.

However, after cleaning off your orange colored glasses ask yourself . . .

Is he really an NFL back right now?? Time will tell, but Kamara was a 3rd round guy and he was remarkable with the ball in his hands and he could return punts (ideal spot for rookies in the NFL) He could run and catch. He was durable for the most part and hard to hit. And remember, he spent a year at junior college too. So, let's not put the cart before the horse. Everyone doesn't go pro after three years.
Now maybe John Kelly could run for 2k yards and he will go pro. But, if Chubb stayed for his senior year, I think it's reasonable to assume JK would at least consider it. If he's good enough to go pro then that's a good problem to have because that means he is a beast.

Not throwing shade, JK is a beast IMO.

Last edited:
I love JK and think he will be great, buuuutttttttt. .. . .

Is he really an NFL back right now?? Time will tell, but a lot of talent coming out this year and Kamara wasn't even a 2nd round guy and he was remarkable with the ball in his hand so let's not put the cart before the horse. If Chubb stayed for his senior year, I think it's reasonable to assume JK would. Not throwing shade, JK is a beast IMO, but I'm bias:p
Chubb's injury slowed him down, otherwise he'd be in a NFL jersey right now. The two situations aren't comparable. I really couldn't venture to guess where JK would be drafted, though.

JK looked really good in the game but so did the oline. I have been complaining about the oline for three years, but give them credit they looked very good. They got JK to the second level untouched and moving down hill several times. With blocking like this Kelly will rack up the yards and may indeed leave for the NFL.

The line had some confusion in the first half but got it straightened out by half time. I am very encouraged with what Walt has done with this group.

Reactions: 2 people
Trey Smith looked strong, fast, and aggressive out there. It looks like a sign of more good things to come this season!

Reactions: 1 person
I love JK and think he will be great.

However, after cleaning off your orange colored glasses ask yourself . . .

Is he really an NFL back right now?? Time will tell, but Kamara was a 3rd round guy and he was remarkable with the ball in his hands and he could return punts (ideal spot for rookies in the NFL) He could run and catch. He was durable for the most part and hard to hit. And remember, he spent a year at junior college too. So, let's not put the cart before the horse. Everyone doesn't go pro after three years.
Now maybe John Kelly could run for 2k yards and he will go pro. But, if Chubb stayed for his senior year, I think it's reasonable to assume JK would at least consider it. If he's good enough to go pro then that's a good problem to have because that means he is a beast.

Not throwing shade, JK is a beast IMO.

John Kelly is going in the 1st round in 2018. He's SPECIAL. Only RB better than him in the country right now is Saquon Barkley of Penn State.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back