True or Conspiracy? You decide

Looks like SEC is salivating over having Georgia /Bama in the Championship game. Our last 3 road games only 1 live ball foul has been called on our opponents, a bunch on us. It is like SEC, officials, or somebody has it in for Tennessee with a , " They're not gonna win attitude "
Keep your eye on Missouri and especially the Georgia games. Watch the trend, it will tell us all we need to know.
I think they were the best teams coming into this year anyways. I do think there have been some interestingly officiated games, but I am not sure if it is a fix, it is that big. I am curious how well refs historically live on average well after football. Regardless, I don’t think so. We had every chance last year to make it with one loss and we blew it on South Carolina.

We really needed to beat Florida this year and we didn’t.
We had Bama down and we didn’t finish.
Unfortunately, we have to play the two teams you have mentioned every year and no other team does.
Those two teams rarely if ever play each other during the regular season.

These things cannot be a reality and us expect to win the East. The fact we are still alive… barely… is a gift.

So, I just can’t get caught up in that stuff until I think we are playing our best and taking advantage of opportunities.

That said, I’m still pretty excited about what I am seeing on the field. Would have been great for Mizzou to make things where we control our own destiny, but looks like we now need Ole Miss to help us play for more.

Still, lots to root for.

We still could go 10-2 with a dub over MIZ and GA btw.

If we don’t win out, it is hard to care much about the bigger picture, because it means we lost to two teams not mentioned in your post that we are supposed to be better than in the same season.

Lots of football to play and crazier things have happened. Let’s take care of MIZ and worry about other things later… GO VOLS!!!!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
It’s all about the $. SEC must ensure it has a team in playoffs.

And as blatantly obvious as the Bama/UGA..y bias has been in the SEC...believe it or not the ACC has been worse. The ACC hasnt had a team in the playoffs the last 2 seasons and Clemson sucks...so they REFUSE to let FSU lose a game. Period. They called 18 penalties vs Boston College. The most penalties BC has ever had in a game...and killed BCs last 3 scoring drives so they couldnt kick a FG to win a game they had NEVER trailed in until like 2mins left!!! It was INSANE. Then Duke jumped all over FSUs ass bigtime and the refs did the exact same thing. Flat refused to EVER call holding or PI against an FSU team that knew the fix was in the same way Bama knew there was NO WAY they would see a flag in the 2nd half against us....so FSU held em every play on both sides of the ball.

I cant watch it anymore this season. Its so blatant at times....like today against Missouri .. that its insulting to the intelligence of folks who actually played football thru at least HS and know the ins and outs of offense and defense, mechanics of play on the LOS etc....its crazy man. Crazy. The lack of holding calls and PI calls against these protected schools is beyond obvious at times.

There is no bias for or against any certain teams. Some of you see it that way because it's what you want to see, to excuse Tennessee losing or not getting to where you want them to be.

Officiating is awful. It's awful for everyone.
If you happen to be watching the LSU-Bama game and saw the hit Dallas Turner just put on Jaylen Daniels and the refusal to even review it for targeting, it shows you all you need to know about the Bama bias in officiating. It is blatantly obvious and one sided at this point.

The moon landing happened, there are no aliens in Roswell, and SEC refs are too incompetent to rig an entire conference. Good lord guys.
I get what you're saying and I know nobody cares when the refs screw a team. Years from now no one will say "I remember that game (whatever game)..Vols got screwed by the refs." No one cares....but to ignore the possibility of bias amongst them is being blind to reality. Look at the tuck rule game...and there have been others. These refs grew up as fans of certain teams...and I can't believe they wouldn't lean some calls toward that team if given the chance...or lean against teams they grew up hating. Its human nature. But generally blaming the refs every dang game is weak.

Reactions: 67Vol and RTVFL89
Looks like SEC is salivating over having Georgia /Bama in the Championship game. Our last 3 road games only 1 live ball foul has been called on our opponents, a bunch on us. It is like SEC, officials, or somebody has it in for Tennessee with a , " They're not gonna win attitude "
Keep your eye on Missouri and especially the Georgia games. Watch the trend, it will tell us all we need to know.
Totally right. If everything was fair Vols would be in it

If you happen to be watching the LSU-Bama game and saw the hit Dallas Turner just put on Jaylen Daniels and the refusal to even review it for targeting, it shows you all you need to know about the Bama bias in officiating. It is blatantly obvious and one sided at this point.

You say, ignoring every call over the years that's been awful against Bama.

You see and pay attention to what you want to see/pay attention to. Stupid stuff like that happens for and to every team.

The moon landing happened, there are no aliens in Roswell, and SEC refs are too incompetent to rig an entire conference. Good lord guys.
Not going to say it 100% for sure, but there is a possibility that you could be wrong on all these. 😂

You say, ignoring every call over the years that's been awful against Bama.

You see and pay attention to what you want to see/pay attention to. Stupid stuff like that happens for and to every team.
While I agree with you on our heightened awareness to calls that go against UT or in favor of our most hated opponents, there is no doubt that Bama gets the benefit of the doubt on questionable calls the vast majority of the time. It is, in fact, all about the money and, as some have alluded to, the SEC must have a team in the final 4. Otherwise, Sankey would be out of a job. I am curious to see how many questionable calls go Bama’s way after Saban finally retires. It’s not only UT fans that see the blissful ignorance regarding Alabama’s no-calls. Doesn’t help that the SEC office is just down the road from Tuscaloosa and Sankey and Saban are good buddies. Here’s an accurate analogy… Bama is the Hunter Biden of the SEC.

There is no bias for or against any certain teams. Some of you see it that way because it's what you want to see, to excuse Tennessee losing or not getting to where you want them to be.

Officiating is awful. It's awful for everyone.
It was only awful for Bama once a couple weeks ago when we played them , yet it was awful for us multiple times .

They got to you eh?

haha. These large scale football conspiracies seem incredibly silly.

P.S. I'm not so sure about Roswell.

I get what you're saying and I know nobody cares when the refs screw a team. Years from now no one will say "I remember that game (whatever game)..Vols got screwed by the refs." No one cares....but to ignore the possibility of bias amongst them is being blind to reality. Look at the tuck rule game...and there have been others. These refs grew up as fans of certain teams...and I can't believe they wouldn't lean some calls toward that team if given the chance...or lean against teams they grew up hating. Its human nature. But generally blaming the refs every dang game is weak.
Sure, but that's not what the tinfoil hat fans are implying.

They seem to think it's a league-wide conspiracy against Tennessee that spans multiple officiating crews.

It's horrifying to think people actually believe this nonsense.

Reactions: GordonC and Raebo
Sure, but that's not what the tinfoil hat fans are implying.

They seem to think it's a league-wide conspiracy against Tennessee that spans multiple officiating crews.

It's horrifying to think people actually believe this nonsense.
It's horrifying that the Vols had zero live ball fouls called against their opponents during a 177 minute stretch of SEC football.

It is statistically impossible that happened "naturally."

It's horrifying that the Vols had zero live ball fouls called against their opponents during a 177 minute stretch of SEC football.

It is statistically impossible that happened "naturally."
Agree. When the guys they pay and put on tv week in and week out can't see a hold right in front of them while millions of people watching, can it affects the game. There is absolutely bias in CFB officiating. Penalties are now subjective to what color your jersey is and where the crew is from. Such as a real estate agent in Tuscaloosa. Wonder who that guys favorite team is ? Doubt it's Auburn

VN Store

Back