Turmoil In Heaven? Pruitt-Fulmer Tension?

The biggest question is can he win games. Personality differences matter a lot less in such cases. If he doesn't win being open or likeable is not gonna mean much. All the same, if he wins nobody is gonna care if hes Sabans clone as personality either.

Exactly right, if he wins, no one will care.

Idk where your going with this but Fulmer would not have hired him if he didn’t like Pruitt. Fulmer just like us as fans are sick of seeing our beloved football program struggle and of course there might be a few bumps in the road in building there relationship but this is nothing to be concerned with

I hope your right, but all that comes to my mind is I used to like my ex-wife, both of them. :)

there is one problem!
it's money

hire a guy and pay him $100,000 a month and tell him to go out and hire a guy and he can pay him $300,000 a month.

Now, after that happens, who is gonna be the boss?

the guy making 1/3 who creates this problem has just gotta step back and be satisfied with his $100,000 every month--because if he was worth as much he would have been getting more..

maybe you can tell--I just never bought into this Fulmer AD crap!

Pruitt not respecting authority? SHOCKED-said no one

Fulmer wanting to have his hands in the cookie jar? Was there ever any doubt that would happen? Do you not know Phil?

Some on here aren’t paying attention. This is who Pruitt is, good or bad, he simply doesn’t care what he says and to whom, that can be good but can blow up as well. He’s an Alpha. But so is Fulmer.

The biggest question on Pruitt is exactly what Murray said, not the recruiting, not the x and o coaching, it’s relationships he has being the HC. This story validates Murray but Murray should have just gave his opinion and let the past be the past. The fact Richt chimed in and couldn’t say anything positive tells you everything you need to know.

Listen, I’m a Pruitt fan (huge Sherrer fan) but he is who he is. I told y’all when he was hired he was a sand mountain redneck, he can’t change his core but he needs to change some.

He will grow and learn this year but like I said, everyone is watching if he struggles and how he reacts. I can 100% see Fulmer offering advice and Pruitt saying stuff it. Why are so many saying this is fake news? This is exactly what everyone thought would happen, don’t put your head in the sand,

Coaches grow, Pruitt will grow and learn. I think he will do great things but there will be growing pains, there is with every new HC, it’s just different growing pains for each coach.

So your objectively agreeing that is all true and going on. It’s people like you that keeps this news burger rolling. If this so called distraction that Pruitt had with Richt was such a big deal why did Saban rehire him??? I’ll tell you why he’s a fantastic coach and teacher of the game and an ace recruiter. He wasn’t hired to be politically correct he was hired to win football games. Let this BS story go

Reactions: 1 person
hire the coach and then get out of the way!

I can't tell you who the AD is at Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, or even Alabama.

Why is that?

It's because they are doing a good job--that's why!

Pruitt: Pass the cornbread? Fulmer: First, you have to try one of these... I made biscuits!

o.jpg

there is one problem!
it's money

hire a guy and pay him $100,000 a month and tell him to go out and hire a guy and he can pay him $300,000 a month.

the guy making 1/3 who creates this problem has just gotta step back and be satisfied with his $100,000 every month--because if he was worth as much he would have been getting more..

What????? There is not one divison 5 AC that makes nowhere near what his head coach makes. Look at Alabama and TA&M in the SEC for examples.

there is one problem!
it's money

Are you for real? Really?

Reactions: 1 person
hire the coach and then get out of the way!

I can't tell you who the AD is at Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, or even Alabama.

Why is that?

It's because they are doing a good job--that's why!

Stupid post.

You don't know who those ADs are because you aren't big fans of theirs. I guarantee you that fans of those schools who care enough to spend time on their team's message boards know who their AD is.

And I'll add, CPF is better known that most AD because HE"S WON A NC AS A COACH. Have those ADs?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
there is one problem!
it's money

We also can tell you are all about the money and where the bosses office is . Do you work for the government ? Wall Street ? Or the mail room with just really big aspirations to be CEO one day ? ( tip o the hat to “Secret of my Sucess “ ) . You do understand how this whole AD thing works right ? I’ll go out on a limb a say that Phil is probably responsible for bringing more money into the university than any coach in football makes . Now if we are paying him based on what he’s brought in to Tennessee ( his worth according to you ) what would you suggest we start his salery at ?

Show me a married couple that are on the same page 100% of the time. Don't worry, it's human nature, and based on JP's speech at media days, he is thankful for PF. It's offseason, and the Murray's, Pollack's and rogue sportwriters of the world are stirring stuff up BECAUSE they are nervous that JP is going to be good. Remember the plane flying over Bryant Denny saying don't fire Butch? lol They weren't nervous then.

If it’s bad now, wait until the 3rd, 4th, 5th.... loss piles up.

Good lord. It was a nonsense article with no specifics, and the author even threw in at the end of the article that there was nothing there to be concerned about. It was simply an article with no substance whatsoever.

But wait until the 3rd, 4th, 5th losses pile up down in Gainesville. Gator fans unhappy right now with Dan's pedestrian recruiting will really be up in arms and ready to run him out of town when the losses start piling up. Already some restless fans on the gator boards antsy about his recruiting to this point.

Reactions: 3 people
If it’s bad now, wait until the 3rd, 4th, 5th.... loss piles up.

Hey thanks Gums, We appreciate you taking the time to come over here and share your thoughts with us. I find the information you bring here invaluable. Gator Nation is very lucky to have you.

there is one problem!
it's money

So in Knoxville it’s a “problem”, but in the rest of college football it’s REALITY. AD’s don’t get paid HC money...but it’s a job they sought, just like Fulmer. He’s wanted this job for a long time and he knows the parameters. I was against him getting the job first time out because I thought he’d have to learn all the duties...I was wrong. He’s been a great hire and has a firm grasp of what the program needs.

Reactions: 3 people
So in Knoxville it’s a “problem”, but in the rest of college football it’s REALITY. AD’s don’t get paid HC money...but it’s a job they sought, just like Fulmer. He’s wanted this job for a long time and he knows the parameters. I was against him getting the job first time out because I thought he’d have to learn all the duties..I was wrong. He’s been a great hire and has a firm grasp of what the program needs.

I wasn't in favor of him first around either, same as you and, I had sold myself on Blackburn.

I think after the way things played out, there was no one else better for the position.

Shame on me. I just had to check and see what people could still be saying on this silly thread about a nothing story. The same things they said on Day 1, of course.

Please let it die!

Shame on me. I just had to check and see what people could still be saying on this silly thread about a nothing story. The same things they said on Day 1, of course.

Please let it die!

1) You just bumped it by posting let it die.

2) ignore it

So in Knoxville it’s a “problem”, but in the rest of college football it’s REALITY. AD’s don’t get paid HC money...but it’s a job they sought, just like Fulmer. He’s wanted this job for a long time and he knows the parameters. I was against him getting the job first time out because I thought he’d have to learn all the duties...I was wrong. He’s been a great hire and has a firm grasp of what the program needs.

Did Butchna just admit to being wrong..... The Earth's poles have shifted....

Edit: FMP 😣

Last edited:
I wasn't in favor of him first around either, same as you and, I had sold myself on Blackburn.

I think after the way things played out, there was no one else better for the position.

Blackburn was my first choice before I even read Hart’s departure announcement. Didn’t think he got a fair shake, but I’ve never believed that there is only one or two men for the job. Thought Currie was a proven hire and a very good one, so that added on to the wrong I accumulated on this one. :) Hoping that Fulmer regains our winning mindset and that Blackburn builds himself back into a candidate to succeed him after he succeeds.

Did Butchna just admit to being wrong..... The Earth's polls have shifted....

“Polls” huh? :) “The Earth asks VN posters”
a. Hasn’t butchna admitted being wrong frequently...frequently?

b. Is chiZzLeVOL a former Lunch Meat poster?

c. Where are your right hand?

POLLS close Sep 1st

“Polls” huh? :) “The Earth asks VN posters”
a. Hasn’t butchna admitted being wrong frequently...frequently?

b. Is chiZzLeVOL a former Lunch Meat poster?

POLLS close Sep 1st

Lol dang autocorrect.... ☹️

Answer: I dunno but "This is my rifle, this is my gun...This is for fighting this is for fun"

Last edited:

VN Store

Back