Turner and Bowden

UK just played batter than we did. Vols shot 40%. UK 55%. Turnovers about even. 3's - UT 28% UK 39% (big). UK killed us on the boards. 39 rebounds vs 26 for the Vols.

Reactions: RollerVol
Bowden and Turner should be ashamed of themselves tonight. Neither did anything tonight. No offense and certainly no defense. Weak minded and no effort. We can’t have both of them check out like that. A really bad team performance, but those two really stood out in this pathetic loss.
Bad loss, but it happens. Barnes been saying for weeks that we're gonna have one of those nights...too bad it was a talented KY team...and they certainly had something to do with it. Bad performance but don't agree on "weak minded or no effort". We win out, and we win the SEC outright. Everyone has had bad losses...Duke, KY, Zaga, NC, Mich, etc, etc.

Reactions: RollerVol
No way this team wins out. Counting the SECT 2 or 3 more losses coming. Realistically we are looking like a 2 or 3 seed in the NCAAT.

Bad loss, but it happens. Barnes been saying for weeks that we're gonna have one of those nights...too bad it was a talented KY team...and they certainly had something to do with it. Bad performance but don't agree on "weak minded or no effort". We win out, and we win the SEC outright. Everyone has had bad losses...Duke, KY, Zaga, NC, Mich, etc, etc.
I stand by assessment. Bowden and Turner didn’t get off the damn bus. Period.

While I agree they didn't have their best games as Vols, calling them "weak minded" and saying they gave "no effort" is classless, imo.
Grow up man.
Nope. Check the box score and hit me back. There is no way you can think they gave anything to this game. Played scared.

Reactions: Stoked
Nope. Check the box score and hit me back. There is no way you can think they gave anything to this game. Played scared.
Show me which line in the box score measures "weak mindedness" and "lack of effort" and I'll hit you back. As I said, they didn't play their best games s Vols...Kentucky had a lot to do with that.
These guys bust their a$$es day in and out for the university and have been integral parts of a team that has set records for this university. For you to question their heart and effort is very short-sighted and, unfortunately, typical of a lot of so-called "fans."

Reactions: Lurker
For sure, don't get me wrong. I'm glad we have Fulky. But we could certainly have a better big man coming off the bench. He's definitely a hustler out there.
If we had a much better big man than Fulky, then Alexander would be coming off the bench. I just don’t understand the constant Fulky bashing by some of you guys. He’s not a starter - he’s an under 10 minute a game sub who has improved throughout the course of the season. He hustles his tail off. He blocks some shots and deflects some passes. He’s starting to develop some post confidence such that his teammates look to pass him the ball when he gets position. He’s not a total liability on the line like A couple of our other subs. He may well be a starter next season.

Reactions: LampVol
Show me which line in the box score measures "weak mindedness" and "lack of effort" and I'll hit you back. As I said, they didn't play their best games s Vols...Kentucky had a lot to do with that.
These guys bust their a$$es day in and out for the university and have been integral parts of a team that has set records for this university. For you to question their heart and effort is very short-sighted and, unfortunately, typical of a lot of so-called "fans."
Don’t take my word for it, how about listening to the head coach.

Attachments

• 73BB9877-D894-48E2-9D76-574F7F999F33.png
    73BB9877-D894-48E2-9D76-574F7F999F33.png
    647.8 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: landscapingvol
They both need to " snap and clear" because without them playing at an elite level, we won't get past the Sweet 16 and definitely won't win at LSU or Beat UK in TBA

We especially need for Turner to shoot well to make any real noise in the Dance. When he is hitting from the outside, it helps to open up the inside.

90% of the time, he's a liability. But we still need his minutes to give rest to Williams and Alexander. I cringe when he touches the ball. But you're right, I'd rather have foul calls go against him. Just wish we had another backup big man, or at least one that's less a detriment than Fulkerson.
You need to stick to football.

Bowden and Turner should be ashamed of themselves tonight. Neither did anything tonight. No offense and certainly no defense. Weak minded and no effort. We can’t have both of them check out like that. A really bad team performance, but those two really stood out in this pathetic loss.

I thought that coming into the season but he's been big time @Florida, vs Gonzaga, I believe and several other big wins.

Hey, some of the guys had a bad game. Let's don't make more of it than that right now.

Rebounding...Bowden and Turner had a combined 4 and Herro had 13.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX

VN Store

Back