Tyler Baron has entered the portal

You could advertise better, more often, and bigger audience for 1/4 of the price, easily lol
You're not doing it because its the best advertising. The point is you give and they give you something back something of value. It's not about getting maximum value it's getting something of value while supporting a team you believe in. Your question is who those benefits would appeal to.. I gave the answer. Whether you like it or not is not my problem sir. You linked the donations for business memberships so either you knew that or posted that one to make it seem like thats what they were offering normal givers. none of these are about best value man... that should be common sense.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol

that’s great and all, it’s minceys last year. I’m just saying, for the amount of money they are bringing in, they definitely aren’t giving 90% to players. They spend thousands and thousands In tailgates along and you already know the ones running it our getting 6 figures like every non profit does

Do you contribute to the Vol Club?
I don’t have the luxury of throwing away 36000 dollars. Do you donate? Does it have to be for that amount? Has the vol club done their job in showing you what you’re investing in? With results and actual numbers, dollars that are going into the players compared to other NIL? I’m genuinely asking bc I would like to know where the money goes. If I knew I was helping our team I would help in anyway I can. I’m not gonna throw money at a handler that takes half the money just because they have that power.

Last edited:
that’s great and all, it’s minceys last year. I’m just saying, for the amount of money they are bringing in, they definitely aren’t giving 90% to players. They spend thousands and thousands In tailgates along and you already know the ones running it our getting 6 figures like every non profit does
I worked for a 401k non profit program. My family could use that money, not some other family. Why do these people get to make money off of us because we care about our team, make the money they do, and we barely just get by with the economy being the way it is. I appreciate the people that can donate, but it’s still shady to me that the numbers of these nil programs aren’t released to the public! We don’t get to see the donations up against other nil programs.

I don’t have the luxury of throwing away 36000 dollars. Do you donate? Does it have to be for that amount? Has the vol club done their job in showing you what you’re investing in? With results and actual numbers, dollars that are going into the players compared to other NIL? I’m genuinely asking bc I would like to know where the money goes. If I knew I was helping our team I would help in anyway I can. I’m not gonna throw money at a handler that takes half the money just because they have that power.
Yeah I have been contributing since early on. Where did the $36k number come from? Vol Club has options starting at $5/month.
I have consistently heard that the Vol Club has a good reputation in the NIL world because they’re a big collective that actually keeps their word to players (unlike situations at other schools who promise $ and don’t deliver).

F
I should know this but what’s the difference in Volunteer Club and spyre?
Two quotes from Spyre’s website:

“Spyre Sports Group is a sports marketing and media agency with over 30 years of marketing experience representing hundreds of professional athletes in various professional sports. Spyre creates NIL opportunities for student-athletes, digital marketing strategies for brands, and memorable experiences for businesses.“

“Spyre Sports Group facilitates the Volunteer Club.”

Yeah I have been contributing since early on. Where did the $36k number come from? Vol Club has options starting at $5/month.
I have consistently heard that the Vol Club has a good reputation in the NIL world because they’re a big collective that actually keeps their word to players (unlike situations at other schools who promise $ and don’t deliver).

Attachments

• IMG_4098.png
    IMG_4098.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife
F

Two quotes from Spyre’s website:

“Spyre Sports Group is a sports marketing and media agency with over 30 years of marketing experience representing hundreds of professional athletes in various professional sports. Spyre creates NIL opportunities for student-athletes, digital marketing strategies for brands, and memorable experiences for businesses.“

“Spyre Sports Group facilitates the Volunteer Club.”
Okay, I didn’t know this. This actually scares tf out of me and makes me question our NIL game big time.

You're not doing it because it’s the best advertising. The point is you give and they give you something back something of value. It's not about getting maximum value it's getting something of value while supporting a team you believe in. Your question is who those benefits would appeal to.. I gave the answer. Whether you like it or not is not my problem sir. You linked the donations for business memberships so either you knew that or posted that one to make it seem like thats what they were offering normal givers. none of these are about best value man... that should be common sense.
Just a thought:
If a person/company is asked to give to a NIL collective because we support the team and are loyal to a team….even though it’s a bad investment, THEN we should expect the same loyalty from players. If we are going to give players a pass for entering the portal for MORE NIL money, then the contributors who are the ones taking the financial hit, have the right to not contribute because it isn’t a good investment.

It can’t be all about the money on one end and also loyalty to a program on the other.

Reactions: tbh and hog88
I lost respect for him over the course of the season watching him do dumb stuff. Reminds me of Jeremy Banks in that regard. Good player but if we were elite he’d be a depth piece. If Pearce and Josephs/Bradley each put on another 15 pounds we won’t miss him and likely improve.
yes sir, I agree 100%

My dude, this is a corporate membership. Do you think regular fans are paying to have social media posts about them and newsletter mentions about their businesses…?
Volunteer club clawing for money and people paying them got me seriously questioning them. I’ve not seen hardly any recruit or player tout them, yet they put on extravagant tailgates and events frequently.. Yeah, 90% isn’t going to NIL, clearly….

Proceeds shouldn’t be behind a curtain, it should be available to the fans so we see where our money stacks up against the rest of the country. Yet I can’t find a reliable website that gives this info.

How much money donated to the Volunteer Club goes towards players NIL deals? I am certainly not claiming to know everything, but imo it sounds like Volunteer Club is taking donations to "support the players" and there's a question of how much money actually goes to player NIL. How many people are donating thinking it's to help players when an unknown amount of money is instead being used on tailgate parties and other non player things.

Last edited:
Just a thought:
If a person/company is asked to give to a NIL collective because we support the team and are loyal to a team….even though it’s a bad investment, THEN we should expect the same loyalty from players. If we are going to give players a pass for entering the portal for MORE NIL money, then the contributors who are the ones taking the financial hit, have the right to not contribute because it isn’t a good investment.

It can’t be all about the money on one end and also loyalty to a program on the other.
Actually yes it can.

For players its a business. Period. Some players are gonna bleed orange and have the infrastructure behind them to live that life. Others have families to feed and thats gonna be most of them. This is reality and always has been. Now they can legally do it. Before NIL top players were getting paid and that was a big factor in their loyalty to the team. Everyone does not come from an upper-middle-class family. Most Power5 level talents come from broken homes at or below the poverty level. I have no issue with that and neither should anyone. You telling me I got my family at home living in section 8 or worse barely making ends meet. I should stay loyal to some school for free when another one will pay me lifechanging money? That is the story for the majority of these kids.

For fans you have a choice. If you have the money and want to support your team you can. Fans input is 100% voluntary. You can buy merch, go to games donate to collectives or not. Whether you do or don't youre still gonna be a fan of that team and not likely to go from a UT fan to say a USCe fan. You don't go to practice, put your wellbeing on the line in games. Comparing the 2 is silly and nothing alike.

What you are making is called a false equivalence.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
How much money donated to the Volunteer Club goes towards players NIL deals? I am certainly not claiming to know everything, but imo it sounds like Volunteer Club is taking donations to "support the players" and there's a question of how much money actually goes to player NIL. How many people are donating thinking it's to help players when an unknown amount of money is instead being used on tailgate parties and other non player things.
They have stated 90% of the money donated goes to athletes. I haven’t seen an accounting on it but a lot of UT athletes get income from it. I donate $100 a month. I came close to stopping after sC game in ‘22 due to the rumors, etc.

They have stated 90% of the money donated goes to athletes. I haven’t seen an accounting on it but a lot of UT athletes get income from it. I donate $100 a month. I came close to stopping after sC game in ‘22 due to the rumors, etc.
Im out of the loop on this, what were the rumors?

90% goes to the players, 10% to overhead (which includes the tailgates). I think people have the perception that the tailgates are lavish events… they aren’t. They’re nice to have, but it’s basically a tent with drinks, wings and sandwiches. I want to see $ going to fund player deals as much as the next person but the money that’s being spent on tailgates is the least of my concerns

VN Store

Back