Tyler Byrd, #1 athlete?

Tyler Byrd is a very dynamic player. Have any of you watched his punt/kick returns from high school? There's one in his recruit thread that makes my jaw just drop. He takes a punt back over 80 yards I believe it is & he broke at least 7 tackles in doing so. Not only that, he broke about 3-4 defensive ankles & legs to boot.

Very agile & athletic. Has pure speed you can't teach. I've said this a few times before but most people don't like me saying it. I think Byrd should take over PR duties from Cam to save Cam on the field & from possibly getting injured.

I really think Byrd will be a more dynamic PR man that Cam. Once Cam leaves after this coming season I know Bryd will be our PR guy. He's just too good. People hollowing this Nigel Warrior stuff better step back & re-evaluate talent.

Warrior is really good but he's not nearly as dynamic as Byrd in the return game. Warrior is good enough to push for playing time in the secondary but he's not as good as Byrd to be a special teamer as far as a PR/KR man.

Byrd will also see the field at WR. He's just not going to see a bunch of snaps as a freshman in my opinion though. He might see a few more now that Vincent Perry is ineligible but we do have at least 3-4 ahead of him right now on the depth chart.

The way we rotate WR's though he just might receive quite a few snaps. He's already better than Jennings in my opinion so he could take away some of his reps. Bottom line is he wasn't the #1 athlete listed in the nation for nothing. He's going to be a very special player.

Reactions: 2 people
Byrd is the best player we got in this last class. Better than anyone in the secondary from this class and better at WR than anyone in this last class. He is going to be really fun to watch. If we weren't set in the secondary he could start by half way through the year.

Didn't know Tyler Byrd's mom had a volnation account.

Reactions: 1 person
Just watched Carl Pickens with big TD stopping pic in the Cotton Bowl as a true FR. He played really well as a safety and KR on a team loaded at WR. The next season he moved over to offense and the rest is history.

Byrd is too good not to see the field. He will excel at whichever side coaches believe he gives us highest impact.

Agreed, he will dominate at whatever position he settles in. He is an ELITE athlete.

Tyler Byrd is a very dynamic player. Have any of you watched his punt/kick returns from high school? There's one in his recruit thread that makes my jaw just drop. He takes a punt back over 80 yards I believe it is & he broke at least 7 tackles in doing so. Not only that, he broke about 3-4 defensive ankles & legs to boot.

Very agile & athletic. Has pure speed you can't teach. I've said this a few times before but most people don't like me saying it. I think Byrd should take over PR duties from Cam to save Cam on the field & from possibly getting injured.

I really think Byrd will be a more dynamic PR man that Cam. Once Cam leaves after this coming season I know Bryd will be our PR guy. He's just too good. People hollowing this Nigel Warrior stuff better step back & re-evaluate talent.

Warrior is really good but he's not nearly as dynamic as Byrd in the return game. Warrior is good enough to push for playing time in the secondary but he's not as good as Byrd to be a special teamer as far as a PR/KR man.

Byrd will also see the field at WR. He's just not going to see a bunch of snaps as a freshman in my opinion though. He might see a few more now that Vincent Perry is ineligible but we do have at least 3-4 ahead of him right now on the depth chart.

The way we rotate WR's though he just might receive quite a few snaps. He's already better than Jennings in my opinion so he could take away some of his reps. Bottom line is he wasn't the #1 athlete listed in the nation for nothing. He's going to be a very special player.

He has NFL written all over him. Some one said that he isn't as fast as Percy Harvin....that is probably true, but Byrd is damn close. If healthy, Byrd sees the field game 1.

Reactions: 1 person
Per Hubbs

Many that we have spoke to continue to gush about the young wideouts who have shown the speed, elusiveness and shake that has been missing from that position lately. Tyler Byrd has shown the wheels, Marquez Callaway has done plenty of good things as well, but it's been Brandon Johnson who has been the consistent eye-catcher thus far. The Miami native hit that growth spurt that we have spoken about over the last month and when you throw in the "catcher-mit" type hands, it's easy to see why the quarterbacks and coaches feel like he will be a steal among this 2016 class. He's caught basically everything that has been thrown at him thus far and flying under the radar isn't likely to be the case for much longer.

I know Byrd was an heckuva steal on national signing day but I think we may be overhyping his ability prematurely. Someone referenced earlier that he is already better than Jennings, and I have a hard time believing that. It ain't like Jennings is some scrub and doesn't have the ability to be a playmaker.

Per Hubbs

Him being Ocho Cinco's nephew definitely means the pedigree is there. Just hope he has a better head on his shoulders than his uncle but there's no doubt he was a great NFL Receiver and could have been so much better.

Was looking at this AllForTennessee article of meet the newcomers why are they Saying Calloway is a DB? Does that site have any credibility?

I know Byrd was an heckuva steal on national signing day but I think we may be overhyping his ability prematurely. Someone referenced earlier that he is already better than Jennings, and I have a hard time believing that. It ain't like Jennings is some scrub and doesn't have the ability to be a playmaker.

That would have been me! Wait til you see him play & your jaws will drop & make you think Jennings wasn't even on the team. I like Jennings & hope he's improved a lot at WR. However, Tyler Byrd is just a man amongst boys in a lot of skills. You will see soon enough.

VN Store

Back