Tyler Byrd moving to Defense??

Callaway and Palmer both will improve a ton in the off-season with good coaching and a offense that will get them the ball

Reactions: 1 person
seems the only way possible for UT to win a Heisman is to have a two-way star...I nominate Tyler Byrd (DB/Slot)...:)

GO VOLS!

Reminds me of when Miami moves Sam Shields to CB after 3 years of WR. Similar kind of lanky athlete. I have a hunch this will be a good move.

The best news is that Martin and Mosley at out Of eligibility

Yes and VN was praising JM as the next great DB until he actually played. TB may be the next great DB but how is everyone so cant miss sure. I.ve never seen him go up against any SEC receivers but it seems to be the constant restraint on here that he's a lock all SEC DB.

Why not let him play some of both? I can see him being a lock down corner primarily, but let the young man run routes on obvious passing downs. Other schools and kids do it, don't understand why Byrd cannot.

Some of us remember Carl Pickens doing that here.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes and VN was praising JM as the next great DB until he actually played. TB may be the next great DB but how is everyone so cant miss sure. I.ve never seen him go up against any SEC receivers but it seems to be the constant restraint on here that he's a lock all SEC DB.

No guarantees, but the fact that he played it in HS can get hopes up.

This is a fantastic move...but we need to possibly reinstate Jennings and sign four WRs with at least two studs that are ready to come in and contribute...

Murphy-Williams
Johnson-Jones
Calloway-Palmer

Unless I’m missing something that’s all we’ve got at this point
We need some linemen and tightend's FB and LB's and linemen!

Exactly. He didn't move to DE until he left Central Michigan & went to Wisconsin. There's no telling what other players we have that would be better off moved to another position.

He almost ruined Kamara's career by not playing him . Just think if hurd didn't quite.

This is a fantastic move...but we need to possibly reinstate Jennings and sign four WRs with at least two studs that are ready to come in and contribute...

Murphy-Williams
Johnson-Jones
Calloway-Palmer

Unless I’m missing something that’s all we’ve got at this point

If I recall correctly, CJP has offered some JC players. I don’t recall their positions and of course they have to commit. Or, are those the names you mentioned and I’m looking stupid? It’s happened before!

Last edited:
True.

As long as sloppy routes and wrong routes are tolerated by this staff.

Some of you seem to think that there is no learning curve to these positions or that you can pick up what you need in a couple of practices.

Recruiting 4 and 5 star receivers with a work ethic is what it will take to fix the issues at WR. Well, that and getting someone who can actually coach them up and an OC that isn't as lost as ball in high weeds
Thats why bill belichek fills his recieving core with only the biggest names at wr right?

As long as he gets on the field and gets to play. Don't wanna see another player get the Butch treatment.

You could tell by his body language he did not want to be on offense.

Jason Whitten started out as a DE.

And after being moved to TE he was so underutilized it was pathetic....

Tight ends at Tennessee were used for blocking and an occasional pass every now and then....

Jason was such a talent...and had a pass catchers hands

The NFL soon found out his talent that the Tennessee staff had overlooked....

The former Head Coach as well as coaching staff were never able to put all the pieces of a complete team together.....

One of the best coaches Butch Jones ever had was the special teams coach that left for another job after his first year on the job....special teams that year was awesome

VN Store

Back