Tyndall out tomorrow

He went to the round of 32 in his 1 appearance. OVC will never be more than a 1 bid league so he doesn't have the opportunities Shaka and Marshall have coming from multi-bid leagues. Most analyst believed they deserved a shot this year despite losing the OVC championship game. His short resume is just as impressive as Tyndall's upon his hiring.

This is what worries me, and what I know about him I like, team scores points, was an assistant under Kennedy a couple places and he looks to have done a good job in his four years as a head coach.

But it's just one more year of experience than Martin had when he was hired, it's about half the experience Tyndall had and he didn't have to build it from nothing when he took over from Kennedy.

I like taking a chance on a guy like this, but then I also realize there will be a learning curve going up against more seasoned coaches night in and night out.

The inclination to compare a guy with 4 years of experience to Pearl will inevitably start and it's so, so unfair.

Like I said, I like the guy, not sure he should be the only guy on the list but...

I'd be just fine with Prohm. I'd love it even more if he were able to bring Cameron Payne with him. Murray State has long been a stepping stone for coaches. As a matter of fact, Prohm was on Mississippi State's radar a couple of years ago but he took his name out of the running. The guy can flat out coach and although everyone missed out on Cam Payne, he didn't. That kid can play. Being from around Murray, I've not seen or heard one bad thing regarding Prohm. I think he'd do well in Knoxville.

If, and still if, Tyndall is fired, Prohm would be a great choice. He has recruiting inroads in Memphis that could really help the Vols. Best guard in Memphis played for Murray!!! He's done a really good job at Murray, and has no NCAA baggage.

This is what worries me, and what I know about him I like, team scores points, was an assistant under Kennedy a couple places and he looks to have done a good job in his four years as a head coach.

But it's just one more year of experience than Martin had when he was hired, it's about half the experience Tyndall had and he didn't have to build it from nothing when he took over from Kennedy.

I like taking a chance on a guy like this, but then I also realize there will be a learning curve going up against more seasoned coaches night in and night out.

The inclination to compare a guy with 4 years of experience to Pearl will inevitably start and it's so, so unfair.

Like I said, I like the guy, not sure he should be the only guy on the list but...

Agree on all points. I wish we'd start higher and make some serious candidates tell us no while bringing a serious offer to the table. Prohm would not be my first choice but I won't balk unless he's the only call.

Clay Travis ‏@ClayTravisBGID 2h2 hours ago
If Donnie Tyndall gets fired and Tennessee doesn’t hire Bruce Pearl, AD Dave Hart is a total and complete idiot.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back