UConn is such an under appreciated Blue Blood…

Maybe, but with all KU's succes, wins, history, why did it take them 49 years to win the first of only 4 titles since the tourney began in 1939.
It didn’t, they won in 1952. Not sure this is a particularly meaningful question anyway though

It didn’t, they won in 1952. Not sure this is a particularly meaningful question anyway though
Yeah it was '52. My bad. So let's rephrase it. Kansas has a ton of wins. No argument.

Why has it took them 85 years of NCAA dances to win 4 titles and only took UCONN 45 to get 6 when they moved up to D1. All in a 25 year run. A full 1/4 of the titles in that 25 years. Is KU better historically. Yes. CAn UCONN be considered a blue blood at this point. Yes. That's all I'm saying. Your saying 6 titles mean nothing.

it all comes down to how you define blue blood.

if you just mean the Top 4 teams based on historical winning percentages, that is going to give you one answer.
If you just mean the Top 4 teams with the most Final 4 appearances, that is a different answer.
Maybe its conference champs, or national titles.

Generally speaking, across pretty much every sport, championships are held in higher regards than winning percentages.

Look at Cal at Kentucky. his winning percentages were still great, blue blood level. but he had worn out his welcome due to lack of tournament success.

Someone earlier was arguing that older tournament success didn't count as much because there were fewer teams. Pointing out that making the sweet 16 didn't mean much when the field was 32. seems like Final 4 appearances from the same period would also lose some of its meaning.

from 1939-1950 it was 8 teams. so final four was winning one game.
from 1951-1975, it was 16 teams, so final four was winning two games.
from 1975-1985, it was 32 teams, so final four was winning three games.
from 85 on it was 64 teams, and took 4 wins to get to the final four.

if Final 4s are your metric, seems like you need to weight them.

I don't think any one would negate a champion, because you beat everyone, and didn't just reach a relatively arbitrary point (Final 4).

I feel like if a significant number of CBB fans say you're not a blue blood, then you're not. The list should be the teams everybody agrees on.

Reports are UConn won't be able to match the Kentucky offer...now UK might be able to poach another blue blood's coach, but it's not because the other school wouldn't match salary coming off B2B titles.

It’s an act I’d take in a heartbeat.

As for blue blood, it means “noble birth” so all that means to me is UConn basketball was born later than others regarded in the Regal Society of college basketball. Kentucky won four of their eight NC’s before 1960 for goodness sakes.

Maybe the most amazing stat of all is UConn being 12-0 in Final Four games.
Agree totally. Kentucky goes on and on about their National Titles and SEC titles. For decades they were the only one who cared about basketball. So they racked up accomplishments in part because no one else cared.

With UCONN its like once the whole world started taking basketball seriously it only took them about 20 years and they interjected themselves all gas no brakes.

Reactions: brockytop and GVF
Can you define blue blood. What are the parameters, since titles don't count.
Top 5 totals in wins, titles, Final Fours and winning percentage. Pretty sure Kentucky/Duke/UNC/Kansas are all 4/4 while UConn is trying to yap at them because they have 1 of the 4

Believe NashVol is just wanting to argue at this point. His points aren’t swaying anyone it doesn’t seem.
This makes me think of the phrase “it’s always 2 dumb people telling each other ‘exactlyyyy’” lol. GVF tried for a minute to act like UConn is a better program than Kansas, let me know how that went

This makes me think of the phrase “it’s always 2 dumb people telling each other ‘exactlyyyy’” lol. GVF tried for a minute to act like UConn is a better program than Kansas, let me know how that went
Never said they were better historically or otherwise. My case is why UCONN can be considered a blue blood at this point, citing what they have done the last 25 years, and the number of titles in that 25 years verses hte rest, as well as their knack for winning at title if they get to the final 4. You just can't read or comprehend or both.

Never said they were better historically or otherwise. My case is why UCONN can be considered a blue blood at this point, citing what they have done the last 25 years, and the number of titles in that 25 years verses hte rest, as well as their knack for winning at title if they get to the final 4. You just can't read or comprehend or both.
It’s just that your points don’t matter. Only his

Reactions: GVF
Your own words. This comparison is a crime against humanity
If KU is spoke of as a blue blood, UCONN is other worldly.

lol thanks for proving my point. Appreciate it
You're proving mine when "your points" that "don't matter" are just a teenager screaming RINGZ!!!!!!!

Final Fours matter though, right? Wins matter, right? Not being 19-12 every year matters, right? Or are you doing the exact thing you're complaining about
It’s just that your points don’t matter. Only his

You're proving mine when "your points" that "don't matter" are just a teenager screaming RINGZ!!!!!!!
Ok. If you can’t stop getting mad that others put great value in such a thing, maybe that tells you something. Definitely tells me something.

Can’t wait for you to mock us more

Ok. If you can’t stop getting mad that others put great value in such a thing, maybe that tells you something. Definitely tells me something.

Can’t wait for you to mock us more
You seem more mad than I am, and certainly more dismissive of the idea that more than one thing matters. Can't wait for you to continue projecting

I’m genuinely curious why they’re so irrelevant with all that success lol i never think of them

I’d bet Kansas fans would trade their last 25 years for UConn’s.

VN Store

Back