UGA vs Ole Miss

I agree, seems like a no brainer for TN fans to be pulling for Ole Miss on Saturday.

There are a few schools in the SEC that have the right financial backing and geographical location to recruit ridiculously. Bama, GA, TN, FL, Auburn, and aTm. I don’t think Ole Miss has a recruiting ceiling as high as these schools
Oh yeah, I forgot to put LSU on the list. Their recruiting ceiling is very high also

Stupid post. Losing to this year's florida team ruined any cha ce of winning a chanpionship
No it most certainly did not. If we win out and Ole Miss somehow beats UGA, then the UF loss is irrelevant. Why? Because we will be playing Bama in the SEC championship. Stop thinking the UF loss killed our season. It didn’t.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
The hatred for a guy doing what 95% of the population on here would do is mind boggling.
Nobody is arguing about him taking his “dream job”. People deserve to get that chance. It’s the fact he did it after only one season and left us at the worst possible time to where we had to hire a clown like Derek Dooley. That was the move of a selfish prick and he deserves every bit of criticism that can be laid on him.

Nobody is arguing about him taking his “dream job”. People deserve to get that chance. It’s the fact he did it after only one season and left us at the worst possible time to where we had to hire a clown like Derek Dooley. That was the move of a selfish prick and he deserves every bit of criticism that can be laid on him.
Again, many, if not most, people would do the same in their everyday jobs. Few pass up their dream job, for more money, back “home” out of unwavering loyalty for their current employer and hope that it reopens in another year or two so they don’t feel bad about leaving said employer.

I root against Georgia. Them losing at night at home against Kiffin to boot would be pretty funny. I am conflicted though, because it would be even better if UT handed them their first loss.

His move didn’t “force” us to hire Dooley. That was a self inflicted wound.

Yeah, to hell with Tennessee’s chances of winning a conference title!!! I’d rather see that one guy who I hate, because 13 years ago he left for a better job while doubling his salary in the process, lose by 100!!!

I never had a problem with Kiffin, probably because his one season was the only time I had any hope for the program between 2008-2020. He left for his dream job and a lot more money - like anyone ripping him here wouldn't have done the same thing.

unless someone is worried about the future instead of just today. It would be different if Ole Miss beating Georgia was THE difference, instead of it just being a shot. we lose to Georgia and it doesn't matter what Ole Miss does.

Divisions are going away. which means we should be playing Ole Miss more, and theoretically Georgia less. Ole Miss beating Georgia would likely mean they win the west, or at the very least its a win over a #2 team. Which gives them a huge piece of validation for recruiting and so forth. Georgia is already at the top, we will still be chasing them no matter what happens. But if Ole Miss rises that's another obstacle in our way in a division less conference.

and anyone's fandom being questioned on CHANCE of something happening doesn't make a ton of sense. That's way too vague, and leads down way too many rabbit holes into some dark places. One's fandom is predicated on hoping bad things happen to a rival team, its predicated on cheering for YOUR team. most fans want to beat their rivals at their best because they are fans of THEIR team, they don't want to count on an injury, the weather, or another team to do their job for them.

Thing is, I highly doubt that the people who are hoping Kiffin loses are thinking it through to that extent. It is simply butthurt hatred for a guy who spurned UT 15 years ago doing what any of them would have done in a similar circumstance.

Comparative stats

Offense is virtually identical

Defense
Pass - UGA 182.2, Ole Miss 228.4

Rush - UGA 100.0, Ole Miss 137.2

Scoring - UGA 15.44, Ole Miss 22.22

Penalty yards - UGA 40.56, Ole Miss 62.26

Guys, guys, guys,

Stop tearing at each other. Can we all agree that uga is a trash program, and it is better for us in so many ways when they lose, no matter the opponent. I have come to like (as much as I can like a uga fan :) ) @DirtyDawg , but most other uga fans are whinny, annoying, needy, passive aggressive braggarts.

Can we meet there??

I root against Georgia. Them losing at night at home against Kiffin to boot would be pretty funny. I am conflicted though, because it would be even better if UT handed them their first loss.
Don't be conflicted. We need them to lose both to have a chance to win the East. Of course, we've got to take care of Mizzou first and foremost or UGA losing both doesn't matter.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
This is all very simple - there are as of today (right now), 4 teams that could end up in the SEC Championship game (UGA, TN, Bama and Ole Miss)

- We must win out and beat Missouri, UGA and Vandy to be in the mix, but help is needed.
- Ole Miss must win out and beat UGA and MSU, but help is needed.
- Ole Miss can help us and themselves by beating UGA.
- UGA wins against Ole Miss, they represent the east. They only have to win one of the two.
- Bama only needs to win one against UK or Auburn to represent the west.

This all could be settled this week or it may take until the last games of the year.

- If UGA and Bama both were to lose this week - hold your horses because it is not over.

I personally would like nothing better than to see a UGA collapse.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Again, many, if not most, people would do the same in their everyday jobs. Few pass up their dream job, for more money, back “home” out of unwavering loyalty for their current employer and hope that it reopens in another year or two so they don’t feel bad about leaving said employer.
Maybe so. But leaving after one year is stretching it a bit. Loyalty is a forgotten trait with folks these days. I also forgot to mention he and Orgeron calling commitments as they headed out the door telling them not to sign with UT. Yeah he’s a real peach. I wouldn’t wiz on him if he was on fire.

That's why I can never hate him. If I was the first year coach at USC and Tennessee calls me.... Not only to offer me the job but to double my money? I'm gone. They offer to pay my buyout? Sorry USC... But here's my two week notice... And if anyone here says they'd stay there rather than coaching YOUR team.... You're lying to yourself. Lane was young and handled it wrong... But man what followed the next 15 years wasn't his fault.

This is all very simple - there are as of today (right now), 4 teams that could end up in the SEC Championship game (UGA, TN, Bama and Ole Miss)

- We must win out and beat Missouri, UGA and Vandy to be in the mix, but help is needed.
- Ole Miss must win out and beat UGA and MSU, but help is needed.
- Ole Miss can help us and themselves by beating UGA.
- UGA wins against Ole Miss, they represent the east. They only have to win one of the two.
- Bama only needs to win one against UK or Auburn to represent the west.

This all could be settled this week or it may take until the last games of the year.

- If UGA and Bama both were to lose this week - hold your horses because it is not over.

I personally would like nothing better than to see a UGA collapse.

I personally would like nothing better than to see a UGA collapse.”

Same, but unfortunately, I think they’re going to be elite for the foreseeable future. I think TN is on the cusp, just need to coach Nico up and surround him with elite players. Luckily we won’t play UGA every year once the divisions are gone. I think we’ll fare just fine. I think Heupel knows what he’s doing.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
No it most certainly did not. If we win out and Ole Miss somehow beats UGA, then the UF loss is irrelevant. Why? Because we will be playing Bama in the SEC championship. Stop thinking the UF loss killed our season. It didn’t.

That UF loss pretty much ends any playoff chance for us if we somehow finish 10-2 and win the East and then win the SEC title

VN Store

Back