Unofficial Coaching Search Thread

This is about to go from bad to ******* pathetic

“@SportsSourceTV: Lemme say that again, I wouldn't fall too much in love with Tyndall. Might wanna start looking at Prohm or Lonergan. But we'll see.”

:banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

The last time we hired a basketball coach I was hoping we would land a middle tier guy. Boom! I am blindsided by the news that we hired Martin when he was never even on my radar.

When hiring a football coach, Jones was basically the second to last name on my list and at the time disappointed me (not so much anymore, however the jury is still out on his staff IMO)

Now here we are and again I expected to go out and land a middle tier guy like a Tyndall, White or Pitino Jr. and now that may not happen AGAIN

I am so tired of our broke ass school with its terrible upper administration embarrassing us over and over again with the way they handle hiring situations.

Reactions: 1 person
Tv show that's Knoxville based

John Pennington runs the account, Mark Pancratz, Jimmy Hyams and Mike Strange are a few of the guys who are also on the show.

Fwiw he was saying yesterday that he didn't think white was gonna take the job, while most were saying he was our next coach.

They want Rick Byrd.

I've never coached before but I did win two national championships and have multiple top 5 recruiting classes on NCAA basketball 10

I'll take a 80 thousand dollars a year and some nice free swag as my payment .

My buyout is only 100 thousand and I'm willing to go lower.

I can deal with being compared to Bruce and I will not cry when u sign a petition for my firing.

Now let me know if interested

who the hell is Prohm and Lonergan?

Steve Prohm - head coach Murray State since 2011. , record 74 - 23 .his only hc job.

Mike Lonergan - head coach George Washington University. Record 424 - 203. He has been head coach at Catholic University of America, Vermont and George Washington.

I'm usually an optimistic person , but at this point , I'm not feeling good about the future of Tennessee basketball

We may be getting fed a lot of bs and have no idea who Hart is actually after. If not this is going to be a low budget hire.

Steve Prohm - head coach Murray State since 2011. , record 74 - 23 .his only hc job.

Mike Lonergan - head coach George Washington University. Record 424 - 203. He has been head coach at Catholic University of America, Vermont and George Washington.

Honest question... What differentiates Tyndall from these 2?

Will Wade would be a great future for Tennessee ... A tremendous catch if UT don't screw up .. Tyndall would be great also but Wade the better in my opinion .

Pretty sure Lonergan has won a national title at div. 2 years ago and was an assistant under Gary Williams at Maryland. Our best coaches had a similar path.

VN Store

Back