USA Today Preseason Coaches Poll 2016

I don't see the Lady Vols losing more than 5 games this year.

And looking at the schedules of most of the top team, it's interesting most of them have a bye week before we play them...

Most of them will have a week or two weeks to prepare for us, which should make those games, interesting. Check it out.

Dat Part. And Victoria Vivians.

Let's go Lady Vols.

How many have we lost to Mississippi state? Now I have to research.. lol

Connecticut gets No. 1 out of respect (well deserved), but I could see them losing 4 games prior to conference games.

I really see ND as the team to beat, if their 2nd year guards play defense to match their O skills.

Baylor is No. 2 IMO. SC needs to prove they can do it with the high talent they have. The UCONN game may allow them to do that.

I can't see the Lady Vols being a whole lot better than last year with the loss of Graves and Cooper. If DD is healthy and gets the attitude right from the beginning, it could be an improvement, but I see Cooper as the one with the highest upside for growth, and now that's not going to happen.

I can't see the Lady Vols being a whole lot better than last year with the loss of Graves and Cooper. If DD is healthy and gets the attitude right from the beginning, it could be an improvement, but I see Cooper as the one with the highest upside for growth, and now that's not going to happen.

I think they'll gave a better record as the SEC is not very deep this season and I don't see them losing to the cellar dwellers this year. In conference, no more than 5 regular season losses and one postseason loss. Out of conference probably no more than 4 losses plus NCAA tournament for a total if 10-11 losses. They could even surprise a team or two.

This season will be good as development for the secondary players due to the short bench to get them ready for 17-18 when they should return to the Top 5.

And looking at the schedules of most of the top team, it's interesting most of them have a bye week before we play them...

Most of them will have a week or two weeks to prepare for us, which should make those games, interesting. Check it out.

#2 Notre Dame plays game Jan 12 then LV on Jan 16. LV also have a game on Jan 12. No difference.

#3 South Carolina plays the LV on Jan 30 and have a game on Jan 26, same day as LV. No difference.

#4 Baylor plays LV on Dec 4 and have game Dec 1st. LV have game on Nov 30th, so LV have an extra day of rest/prep.

#6 Texas plays LV on Dec 11, and play UConn on Dec 4. LV play a game on Dec 4 vs. Baylor. No difference.

#10 Stanford plays LV on Dec 18, and played previous game on Dec 4. LV play previous game on Dec 14. That's a HUGE difference but it's a break for exams (see Stanford academic calendar)

#11 Miss St plays LV on Jan 8 and plays on Jan 5, the same day of LV's previous game. No difference.

#11 Miss St plays LV on Feb 26 and also plays on Feb 23, same day as LV. No difference.

#19 Kentucky plays the LV on Jan 1. Previous game was Dec 29, same as LV. No difference.

#23 Texas A&M plays LV on Feb 12. Previous game was Feb 9, same as LV. No difference.

#24 Florida plays LV on Jan 26. Previous game was Jan 22, same as LV. No difference.

In summary, of the 10 scheduled games against top 25 competition, 8 of the times the opposing team has the exact same amount of prep time as the LV. In one instance, the LV have an extra day, and in the last instance, Stanford has two weeks while LV have just 4 days. But in this instance, Stanford is not playing any games because of a break for exams. Where did you get "And looking at the schedules of most of the top team, it's interesting most of them have a bye week before we play them" And this "Most of them will have a week or two weeks to prepare for us"? Did you even look at the opponents' schedules before you made those claims?

Reactions: 10 people
FightingArtichoke , that's so mean of you, refuting statements with facts? You must be a Trump supporter?

#2 Notre Dame plays game Jan 12 then LV on Jan 16. LV also have a game on Jan 12. No difference.

#3 South Carolina plays the LV on Jan 30 and have a game on Jan 26, same day as LV. No difference.

#4 Baylor plays LV on Dec 4 and have game Dec 1st. LV have game on Nov 30th, so LV have an extra day of rest/prep.

#6 Texas plays LV on Dec 11, and play UConn on Dec 4. LV play a game on Dec 4 vs. Baylor. No difference.

#10 Stanford plays LV on Dec 18, and played previous game on Dec 4. LV play previous game on Dec 14. That's a HUGE difference but it's a break for exams (see Stanford academic calendar)

#11 Miss St plays LV on Jan 8 and plays on Jan 5, the same day of LV's previous game. No difference.

#11 Miss St plays LV on Feb 26 and also plays on Feb 23, same day as LV. No difference.

#19 Kentucky plays the LV on Jan 1. Previous game was Dec 29, same as LV. No difference.

#23 Texas A&M plays LV on Feb 12. Previous game was Feb 9, same as LV. No difference.

#24 Florida plays LV on Jan 26. Previous game was Jan 22, same as LV. No difference.

In summary, of the 10 scheduled games against top 25 competition, 8 of the times the opposing team has the exact same amount of prep time as the LV. In one instance, the LV have an extra day, and in the last instance, Stanford has two weeks while LV have just 4 days. But in this instance, Stanford is not playing any games because of a break for exams. Where did you get "And looking at the schedules of most of the top team, it's interesting most of them have a bye week before we play them" And this "Most of them will have a week or two weeks to prepare for us"? Did you even look at the opponents' schedules before you made those claims?

Nice post! Thank you for the research and you are right I didn't look at there schedule compared to ours. I saw that Stanford had a two weeks to prepare, Finals, still two weeks. I saw Texas had a week, but hey it is a week. Maybe, I should have said Texas and Stanford. I don't care about conference games, Thursday and Sunday. So, for the sake of argument, "most" probably wasn't the right term. I be careful wit my use of pronouns and adverbs. lol

Mainly looked at the teams OCC we have a losing streak too, but not ND, we play them in FEB.

Wow, I wasn't really thinking that deep but thanks!

Last edited:

You dishonor Pat with that avatar.

never have seen a LV team with 14 losses in a pre season poll

Up till last year, we had never seen a Lady Vols team with more than 12 losses.
Period.

where did Coach J run off to?

Present and accounted for.

Reactions: 2 people
Hate the long work hours, but love it on Friday.
I miss LV basketball.

Let's just kick off the season early.
:clapping:

Well, Holly was correct when she said (during media day presser) she is not ready for it to start yet!!! Our LVs traveled over to Furman this morning for a little scrimmage. Seems the LVs are still working to figure out how to handle a ZONE defense.

Sure. The report I was given was that the LVs struggled against a zone defense and that team chemistry didn't make it look any better!

What else was mentioned in the report? Anymore negatives? Positives? Trying to get a hint of what we might look like. Any standouts?

VN Store

Back