UT plans to demolish Neyland home

When Neyland died, I don't think Wal-Mart was invented yet.

dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-abraham-lincoln-5242750.png

Can we turn it into an episode of Fixer Upper or Property Brothers?

What is worse is UT has owned the house for 50 years and let it get tok this shape.

Is it not completely ironic that a sign saying "Environmental Health and Safety" is in front of that house?

I mean I laughed out loud at this photo alone..

DT5-5bZVwAAnPQ2.jpg

Can we turn it into an episode of Fixer Upper or Property Brothers?

That is actually an interesting idea. Since Scripps networks who owns HGTV is headquartered here maybe someone will see it. I have a neighbor who is the head of HR over there, maybe I can see if he can float an idea to management.

We should refurbish the home IF it’s close to Neyland Stadium that you could visit it on gameday and make it a Tennessee football museum honoring mostly General Neyland, Majors and Fulmer and all of UT football like the Bryant museum. Put trophies in it and old memorabilia and even charge a buck or two and have some former players set up to sign autographs. It would be a great way for our children to learn and see old football stuff. Hate to say it but it was enjoyable to see old equipment and programs and tickets and stuff there. If you ever go to a Tennessee game in Tuscaloosa, it’s worth your time to visit.

I’m more pissed that the University of Tennessee didn’t do anything to acknowledge The House way before now . They was sitting on a museum goldmine . Could of easily rebuilt the house like Neyland had it and made it a landmark . It would of been a unique way to keep his memory going .

that no one would care about. again there wasn't a denand to go check out his house. Its on the opposite side of campus from the stadium so its not like it could be part of the atmosphere or game day experience (which would be cool and worth saving). as it is it was forgotten, not use sinking some money into something that has no value.

That is actually an interesting idea. Since Scripps networks who owns HGTV is headquartered here maybe someone will see it. I have a neighbor who is the head of HR over there, maybe I can see if he can float an idea to management.

it looks like it is a masonry building (all brick walls no studs). that would be a heck of an endeavor just to fix that up. in the few pics we have you can see the brick coming apart.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back