UT plays Bama 3 times?

That wasn't exactly what I was saying. I know it's 4 teams but can't ever see the SEC or any other conference getting 2 teams in the 4 team playoff. I am biast towards TN but even if we went undefeated then lost in the SEC Championship I don't think we would deserve playing in the playoff. Like I said if a team can't win their conference championship they don't deserve to be in the 4 team playoff. JMO though..I said the same thing when Ala made it to the BCS title game a few years ago but couldn't even win the West or even get to the SEC Championship game. If they are gonna do that it benefits a team to lose a game and not have to play the extra game in the conference championship. My thing was say LSU lost the SEC Championship game would they have punished them for losing and not put them in the BCS title game or would they have gone regardless? Most years the BCS worked itself out and got the right 2 teams. But that particular year they screwed up badly..Just my take on winning and losing your conference championship. Just like if a conference doesn't have a championship game they don't deserve to get a team in either..I love conference championship games and in most cases the winner deserves a chance to get into the playoff. It won't be the case every year because of potential upsets but in most cases it should be a huge determining factor.

Everyone seems to forget it was that game, Bama vs LSU 2, that got the athletic directors of the P5 conferences agree to go to a playoff format. The championship game is big money and 2011 showed that when you let computer polls and 75 coaches decide who plays in it funky things can happen.

Would be great to build a 3 game winning streak vs Bama in one year, and also D4H could become the forum legend and for the right reason. :eek:

And so he hopes -- he was taking a beating in the PF the last couple days

TN and Bama split the regular season and SEC title game. That would be the scenario where both could make it.

Nope, the loser of the SEC championship game won't make it in. Doesn't matter what their regular season record is. The playoff committee is made up of notable members from the power 5 conferences. They go in knowing that 1 conference has to be left out. They will not vote to leave 2 conferences out.

Reactions: 1 person
I think It's possible..OU and TCU are their best chance and not sure either make it. I could see 1 SEC Team, the Clemson/FSU winner reps the ACC, Ohio St or Mich from the big 10 and possibly Stanford from the PAC 10..not saying a big 12 team doesn't make it but OU has the 2nd hardest schedule in the country behind USC and could lose several games and maybe even their first one vs Houston. Also they play Ohio St and TCU back to back weekends..if OU starts 4-0 they would have beaten Top 15 Hou,Top 6 ohio St and Top 13 TCU then they deserve to jump to #1..That is a filthy way to start the first 4 games to their season.

OU and TCU are in Big 12. The B1G is the Big 10

Everyone seems to forget it was that game, Bama vs LSU 2, that got the athletic directors of the P5 conferences agree to go to a playoff format. The championship game is big money and 2011 showed that when you let computer polls and 75 coaches decide who plays in it funky things can happen.

That's not correct. The computers were the part of the poll that actually almost pushed Oklahoma State back over Bama after the conference championship week.

The difference between Alabama and Oklahoma State in the final BCS standings in Dec that year was only .0086. The numbers from the computer polls actually had Oklahoma State ranked 2nd and Alabama in 3rd (a score of .9500 to .9300).

The difference were the coaches and Harris polls held steadfast to keeping Alabama in the #2 spot and Oklahoma State in the #3 spot with scores of .9471 to .9231 and .9485 to .9268, respectively (likely in part influenced by a combination of the closeness of Alabama-LSU's game, influence from the major sports media, and the "who each lost to" argument going around at the time).

You guys we lose to Bama (our only loss in the regular season). Then Beat Bama in SEC title game as their only loss. Both would make the play offs at 12-1.

Then we beat them in the big game. TN 2-1 v. Bama in same season. Cue - Its Happening Gif.

TN and Bama split the regular season and SEC title game. That would be the scenario where both could make it.

We'd make it in that scenario. They'd need at least 2 of the other major conference champs (plus Notre Dame) to finish with likely 2 or more losses to get a berth.

Nope, the loser of the SEC championship game won't make it in. Doesn't matter what their regular season record is. The playoff committee is made up of notable members from the power 5 conferences. They go in knowing that 1 conference has to be left out. They will not vote to leave 2 conferences out.

You're exactly right..No conference championship game loser will ever make the playoff and they definitely shouldn't. If you can't win your own conference championship then you don't deserve to be one of the 4 playoff teams and I say that for every team,including our Vols.I just hope we get to the SEC Championship game, it has been a very long time and even longer since we won it. Us getting will prove to everyone inside and outside of Volnation that Butch is much more than just a hype man.

OU and TCU are in Big 12. The B1G is the Big 10

I know that was what I was saying. I'm not sure any big 12 teams makes it this year unless OU somehow survives and wins th lose 3 games that they begin the season with..Houston,Ohio St and TCU.If they can win all 3 or win 2 of 3 and win out they would deserve to be one of the 4 playoff teams but I'm not sure they don't end up with atleast 2 losses and same goes for TCU. Stoops usually loses atleast one game he shouldn't.

Still don't see 2 SEC teams making it. If anybody loses their conference championship they don't deserve to be one of the 4 teams..and most likely the loser would be better than 95% of the other teams but if a team can't win their conference they really don't deserve to be a playoff team. JMO of course and I'm sure not many would agree with me but that's just my take on it.

I'm speechless. I'm a glass full kinda guy but I wouldn't even put this in writing. If it happened it would go down as one of the best seasons in Tennessee history. So why not. Count me in!

Once in Knoxville and again in Atlanta. This will put TN in the national championship game probably playing OK or Ohio St. Can't help but dream. At least Florida will finally get destroyed in Knoxville. Butch has built an incredible team. New vol T-shirt "Dominate........that's what we do."

Once in Knoxville and again in Atlanta. This will put TN in the national championship game probably playing OK or Ohio St. Can't help but dream. At least Florida will finally get destroyed in Knoxville. Butch has built an incredible team. New vol T-shirt "Dominate........that's what we do."

I would love to share your enthusiasm my man but nobody has beaten Saban twice in one year. Last time we got the chance to do that LSU was knocking us out of playing Miami for the BCS Championship. I have hated Saban ever since and the hate has only grown stronger. Hell I would take beating him once then playing LSU for the SEC Championship.

Reactions: 2 people
Bama Once
LSU Once
And then...
Oklahoma or Clemson (with Tee on the wrong Orange sideline)

BOOM!

Hope springs eternal during the off season. No one beats Saban twice during a season. Fulmer had a shot, Miles had a shot, not gonna happen. The last starting QB to beat Saban 2 years in a row was Drew Brees when Saban was at MSU. The most likely outcome of this season is we replace an 11 game losing streak to UF with an 11 game losing streak to Bama.

Hope springs eternal during the off season. No one beats Saban twice during a season. Fulmer had a shot, Miles had a shot, not gonna happen. The last starting QB to beat Saban 2 years in a row was Drew Brees when Saban was at MSU. The most likely outcome of this season is we replace an 11 game losing streak to UF with an 11 game losing streak to Bama.
Such a joy.

Alabama has 3 big road games this season. TN, LSU, Ole Miss. Not counting them out but the odds are stacked against them to make it to Atlanta. I think we'll be playing LSU.

If Alabama loses to Ole Miss again, a loss in Knoxville just might be the knockout blow to an sec championship rematch.

VN Store

Back