UT to Music City Bowl vs Nebraska

I will go.

Nebraska is a quality football team with a lot of history. Like us, they're one of only ten teams to have won over 800 games.

They're perennially ranked.

They have a strong strength and conditioning program.

I think of the Nebraska Cornhuskers as a "smash mouth" football team. The kind that can tell you before the play they're going to run up the middle then do it. Then line up and do it again until you prove you can stop them.

They're 9-3 this season.

It should be a good game.

Ohhh I hope its true!...I want Nebraska's head on a plate!...We owe them a serious butt kicking!...On a side note, Nebraska fans are good people and very nice..I got to mingle with a lot of them when we played them in the Orange bowl back in 97.

Reactions: 1 person
May still be some tickets available for Widespread Panic that night if anyone's interested. I'll be at the show, probably watch the game at home.

TN owes Nebraska a butt whoopin' or two to even up the series.

I wish Peyton would have sat out his last game at UT since he was injured. Tee would have had a better chance with those Corndogs.

We lost to Nebraska twice within a couple of years. Manning at q.b. was not able to beat them NOR was Martin. Jan. 1998 Nebraska 42 Tennessee 17 Jan. 2000 Nebraska 31 Tennessee 21.

We are 0 - 2 in the history of playing Nebraska.

We lost to Nebraska twice within a couple of years. Manning at q.b. was not able to beat them NOR was Martin. Jan. 1998 Nebraska 42 Tennessee 17 Jan. 2000 Nebraska 31 Tennessee 21.

They don't run the option anymore and Scott Frost is no longer the qb there so I am not too worried but thanks for the history lesson :good!:

Reactions: 2 people

TN had no chance in the first one with Manning playing on one leg. Tee could have kept it close. With Manning injured TN had no answer... a mobile Tee Martin would have given TN a chance. Especially if it was kept under the radar that Manning would sit out.

The 2000 game was the culmination of a disappointing season.

Nebraska has some of the same problems we have on D. That could be a high scoring event.

Iowa is a much better team than they were at the beginning of the season. That would be a difficult game for Tennessee.

Wisconsin is a tough defense but somewhat low scoring offense. Their coach could seriously school CBJ though!

If true this is a fireable offense imo

Why not find another team, if this one makes you so miserable. I understand being disappointed but my goodness enough is enough.
Everyday it's the same thing in here, we get the message..

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks. I suffer from bowl game renaming overload. I was thinking that the taxslayer was in Tampa which is actually the Outback. It was easier to keep up with when the bowl game in Jacksonville was simply the Gator Bowl and the one in Tampa was the Hall of Fame. I blame the Poulan-Weedeater Bowl for turning it all into a cluster fuzz. At least the Citrus stays the Citrus... although it used to be the Tangerine Bowl.

Sorta... It's actually the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl now. The first year it was known as the Florida Citrus Bowl was in '83 when Reggie White mauled Boomer Esiason and the Vols beat the Terps 30-23.

Sorta... It's actually the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl now. The first year it was known as the Florida Citrus Bowl was in '83 when Reggie White mauled Boomer Esiason and the Vols beat the Terps 30-23.

They all have title sponsors (maybe not the "Rose", but it's probably "presented by" somebody) but at least the Citrus is still commonly referred to as the Citrus. The Gator Bowl and the Hall of Fame Bowl... not so much.

VN Store

Back