UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

As we have done before collectively, let's flex our financial muscle as a fan base and truly get behind our beloved University of Tennessee to defend ourselves against the corrupt powers that be. Enough is enough. While few and certain schools and athletic departments get passes, green lights, pats on the back for cheating, the NCAA drops the hammer on certain teams to let their chosen ones thrive.

Someone with the know-how get a public fund going. Count me in for ponying up for potential legal expenses needed.

Not so much for defense expenses, but to go on the offensive and take action against the NCAA. I'm sick and tired of hearing about "discovery". **** that, it is time to go full throttle against the corrupt NCAA.

Reactions: HighRockvol
Who cares in this current world of NIL? It’s a total non-story. I feel like I’ve read over the last couple weeks that like 10 major schools are under investigation right now.

There's been a lot of murkiness, it seems to me, about NIL and what schools can and cannot do, and the NCAA seems to be cracking down on NIL violations related to recruiting and the schools/coaches being involved in NIL deal-making rather than the outside third parties. At least that's what other cases have been about. NIL is a bunch of nonsense, to begin with. There should be no NIL talk, deal-making or any of it with respect to recruiting. Nothing--nada. You've just had schools--or their collectives/intermediaries---bribing prospects with NIL money to sign. It's corrupt. Recruiting should return to the way it was, and no NIL deals should be arranged until AFTER a prospect has signed. Of course, I have no idea how one would enforce it--would be hard--but NIL was not conceived for the purpose of recruiting or bribing prospects--it simply devolved into that; it's devolved into just bribing prospects with cash promises in exchange for a bit of nominal appearances or some other easy BS. It's all a joke--but now the NCAA appears to be trying to put a lid on this seamy recruiting environment.

Reactions: volfeeva
Why would they have strong NIL programs? They perfected paying under the table before NIL. Saban left almost specifically because of NIL. No longer could Alabama's host of shadowy bag men give them as much advantage.

So no, I think UGA and Bama are the LEAST likely to have an NIL violation because they are still working to transition from their old system.
Alabama ranks number 2 nationally in NIL money.
P5 NIL Team Rankings (from on3):
1 - Texas $19.9 mil
2 - Alabama $16 mil
3 - tOSU 13.6 mil
4 - USC 13.5 mil
5 - Georgia 13.4 mil
6 - Colorado 12.3 mil
7 - Michigan 11.6 mil
8 - Oregon 11.6 mil
9 - Tennessee 11.6 mil
10 - Florida State 10.2 mil

Reactions: NomadVol
I don kno nuthin. Buh Ah'd wager sum confert oppunnet es tryun tuh sic thuh NSEE_UH on us'n. Jellous and sceered pebbleswant'n keepe UT down.

Ur conecred mae bee behin id tuh git eben wid us'n. Id awl hoss she ennywae.

The Constitution of the United States of America

Article 1 Section 9 Clause 3:

• Section 9 Powers Denied Congress​

• Clause 3 Nullification
    • No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

So let me get this straight, The United States Constitution clearly points out Congress cannot pass laws and enforce them retroactively, but the NCAA thinks it can? 🤣
      I wonder how that is going to work out for them?​
      Ladies and Gentlemen, this may be the hill that the NCAA dies upon.

I thought with the new rules where everything goes, money flying in all directions, what is the problem? Did we not pay a player enough ?

Last edited:
Reactions: DixieVol
Recruiting should return to the way it was,

it's devolved into just bribing prospects with cash promises in exchange for a bit of nominal appearances or some other easy BS.
"The way it was" means they didn't even have to make appearances for mom to get a job, house, etc. Stop acting like the old way was anything except dirty

Strong to quite strong from Donde. This is shaping up to last a while and get ugly but thankfully UT isn't the only school targeted by the NCAA. They can't get away with their old tactics this time, I hope.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
They are only doing this because they don’t want Tennessee relevant again, because it will kill there favorites if we stay back up..

Reactions: wmcovol
If this story came from anyone other that Forde, I would give it some credibility. The NCAA has said that there is no investigation into Tennessee. This is just Forde's usual anti-Tennessee clickbait. I would say it is nothing but lies. I wonder which coach asked Forde to write this nonsense to try and slow down Vols' recruiting. Shameful.

Edit: Since my orginal post, more has been reported. It's obvious that UT administrators and NCAA have been in contact over Nico"s recruitment and NIL deal. Plus other NIL deals. The more I read, the more I believe that the NCAA is trying to rewrite history and make UT a scapegoat. It looks like UT will be taking the NCAA to court over this. NCAA's incompetence and poor management will come to light. Sadly, even if UT wins a lawsuit, the NCAA will do everything they can to screw us. Classless.

Another edit: Both the state of Tennessee and the state of Virginia have filed federal lawsuits against the NCAA. Here we go. This is going to really messy for the NCAA.

Last edited:
Reactions: esarmstrong

VN Store

Back