UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

That's not why he's gone
Your right he lied about a junior being there which isn’t allowed. But still let’s not get away from the point that the NCAA has a ton of silly rules and there are so many that the most conscious of schools can’t possibly monitor nor can the NCAA. They do this to get inside a program. It’s time for a new governing body it’s obvious to most of America that they NCAA is only interested in dictating who they want to punish by having a rule book that is patently ridiculous. The NCAA never met a rule they didn’t like.

Your right he lied about a junior being there which isn’t allowed. But still let’s not get away from the point that the NCAA has a ton of silly rules and there are so many that the most conscious of schools can’t possibly monitor nor can the NCAA. They do this to get inside a program. It’s time for a new governing body it’s obvious to most of America that they NCAA is only interested in dictating who they want to punish by having a rule book that is patently ridiculous. The NCAA never met a rule they didn’t like.
That's just a tip of his lies in the matter. Plus, making phone calls after he was ordered not to contact any recruits. He asked others to lie too. It was totally on Pearl

That's just a tip of his lies in the matter. Plus, making phone calls after he was ordered not to contact any recruits. He asked others to lie too. It was totally on Pearl
Okay whatever, I was talking about the NCAA. I said ge should have told the truth. I am talking about the NCAA and their petty rules. I never mentioned or bought up the freakin barbecue.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Someone brought it up. My fault for assuming it was you👍
loservol made the initial response about the barbecue. You responded to him, then I said he lied about the junior not being there but I stopped there. Yes he lied about other things that only made it worse. He responded with the barbecue comment when I was talking about all the other silly rules. I am all for a governing body but the ncaa seems to put rules in that really are silly and trivial and sometimes impossible to monitor. Especially when the can’t even govern what they have now.

Last edited:
Ole Johnny has to be lying through his teeth. Bag men at Bama, not possible.

I have a friend that was heavily recruited by all the big boys as an OT. I asked him why he chose VT. He told me that they gave him the most money on his recruiting trips. He said that he was given money by every school (AL, UF, FSU, Miami etc) but that VT gave him the most and promised him the most. He blew out his knee twice in 18 months and hung it up.

You remember when LSU basically told the NCAA to kick rocks? Or perhaps when the NCAA caught North Carolina making fake classes for players? Or more recently Michigan stealing signs from other schools?

NCAA is a useless, impotent organization and has been for some time.
When UNC for YEARS got caught giving credit to athletes, primarily their basketball players, for nonexistent classes for which zero attendance occurred and they got a pass, that's when I knew the NCAA as an institution was playing winners and losers with member schools and needed to die.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
When UNC for YEARS got caught giving credit to athletes, primarily their basketball players, for nonexistent classes for which zero attendance occurred and they got a pass, that's when I knew the NCAA as an institution was playing winners and losers with member schools and needed to die.

And now that's OK with the NCAA.
A South Carolina WBB recruit was planning to go elsewhere because USCjr didn't have the major she wanted. So...they let her design her own major and Coach Staley just signed her.

With online classes being a thing, not attending in person classes is no longer a big deal unless there are required labs.

Example: Clemson's kicker was a grad student living in Charleston and taking online classes. He had a year of eligibility left. When their other kicker couldn't hit FGs, they brought the grad student back. He finished his classes 100% online while on campus for the fall semester.

100% legit.

Last edited:
Somebody clear me up. Without the release of the investigation, was the NCAA trying to investigate Tennessee for violation of a NIL rule that did not even exist when Tennessee supposedly violated it?
That's the way I understand it. They basically wanted to go back and retro actively punish schools. Tennessee was just the first on the chopping block. Supposedly, there were many more, including more college football blue bloods. The NCAA kind of floated a trial balloon with Tennessee to see how it would go over I think. Tennessee grabbed a big ole sharp stick and popped it right in their faces.

The NCAA is whining like a little baby right now. Donde tried to meet with them to discuss their NIL rules and they denied her. Now they state this:
"I realize pausing NIL-related enforcement while these other bylaws are upheld by the injunction will raise significant questions on campuses. This is precisely why a DI meeting room, not a courtroom, is the best place to change NCAA policy," Baker said. "The reason I took this job is to work with all of you to bring about positive change for student-athletes."

The NCAA is whining like a little baby right now. Donde tried to meet with them to discuss their NIL rules and they denied her. Now they state this:
"I realize pausing NIL-related enforcement while these other bylaws are upheld by the injunction will raise significant questions on campuses. This is precisely why a DI meeting room, not a courtroom, is the best place to change NCAA policy," Baker said. "The reason I took this job is to work with all of you to bring about positive change for student-athletes."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Baker is desperate. He is grasping at straws trying to keep the negotiations where he can control them. That horse has left the barn, it's not coming back, and the barn is on fire. Now Baker is crying because he doesn't have a fire department and no one wants to have the rules made in the burning barn.

Obviously a courtroom is the ONLY place that the rules are going to be made.

UNC got a "pass" from the NCAA because those courses were actually listed in the catalog and actually available to all students.

UNC didn't really get a "pass" from the NCAA. UNC took them to court and threw academics under the bus by saying "the NCAA can't punish us. They punish for athletics, not academics, and this was an academics issue available to all students." UNC got a couple of years of probation from an academic regulator.

This is a similar argument to the one Baylor used concerning the rapes by athletes. Baylor argued they didn't JUST ignore rapes on campus by athletes but that it was a pattern for the entire university to under-investigate rape, whether it was athletes or not. You have to love a Christian University using that argument to avoid sanctions.

Baker is so full of BS.

Then why did the NCAA think that the best way was to Investigate first vs meeting?

I think everybody knows it was a power play that failed. Now they are saying they are the victim when it was them that fired the first shot. Shows how stupid.

Their way of negotiations is to have the upper hand as the Judge and jury and go after the ones they think they can slap around and to show the others they are the boss.

How many NCs should be vacated in Sports but weren't or were meaningless because it took years for the NCAA to get around to it. Michigan, Kansas but had it been Tennessee they would never have made it.

I just hope that others see this and split from the NCAA. I hope the Commissioners of the Conferences will be the Adults in the room.

I will cut Baker a break he probably got duped by some of the NCAA staff on board and this thing has bit him in the A$$

Baker is so full of BS.

Then why did the NCAA think that the best way was to Investigate first vs meeting?

I think everybody knows it was a power play that failed. Now they are saying they are the victim when it was them that fired the first shot. Shows how stupid.

Their way of negotiations is to have the upper hand as the Judge and jury and go after the ones they think they can slap around and to show the others they are the boss.

How many NCs should be vacated in Sports but weren't or were meaningless because it took years for the NCAA to get around to it. Michigan, Kansas but had it been Tennessee they would never have made it.

I just hope that others see this and split from the NCAA. I hope the Commissioners of the Conferences will be the Adults in the room.

I will cut Baker a break he probably got duped by some of the NCAA staff on board and this thing has bit him in the A$$
I’ve got to imagine that UT and a handful of other institutions have already been meeting privately about a post NCAA institution going forward. Everyone knows that it is corrupt and there needs to be a new way without it in its current form.

VN Store

Back