UT vs. Auburn vs. Missouri

Wanted to revive is topic now that the Mizzou hire has been made, I see it as rather even. Bruce is obviously the safest pickup, but Tyndall and Anderson both have a tremendous upside while not being the most well-known names. Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts

Auburn has the cash. We don't. We wasted millions on Fulmer, Delmonico, Pearl, Raliegh, DD, Hamilton buyouts. Everybody thinks we have an endless supply of money.

Doesn't other teams have buyouts? Chizik, Barbee and Lebo must have had buyouts. (Maybe 7.5M, 2.5M and 1.5M respectively). Buyouts are common at all the schools, and other schools have the turnover as well.

Moreover, it seems to me that UT is usually paying the coaches less than the average SEC team, and still complains about money. Fulmer, which was the only coach to win a NC since the 1950's at UT was paid about 2M +/- right? Vanderbilt was rumored to pay Franklin more than 3M.

UT has some of the largest stadiums/arenas. It looks like we could compete financially. I am just not convinced that this argument is that sound. It is repeated enough though.

All of this Pearl boot licking is pretty nauseating. Mr.Show Cause Penalty will encounter more problems on the recruiting front than some of you seem to think. It will be so easy to negatively recruit against him now and Auburn is a tough job. To those that think Pearl will make us rue the day we fired his lying ass, I say BRING IT ON DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm less bitter than some about not having Pearl, but the idea that he won't have success at Auburn is pretty ridiculous. Tyndall will hopefully be able to leverage Tennessee's superior facilities, fanbase, tradition, etc. into more success than Bruce, but there's no question Auburn's situation is going to improve very quickly with him at the helm.

Reactions: 1 person
Really though watching what happens with these three teams might be one of the most intriguing storylines in the conference heading in to next season. Its pretty much a foregone conclusion UK is going to dominate the conference next year.

I heard we'd be schooled by Missouri on how to make an impact hire. Instead they get a career Div II guy from their ancient coaching tree who is pushing 60. Granted, Anderson has been good at that level but he seems like he should have been a lifer there at this point.

VN Store

Back