UT VS UT

I’ve often wondered the same thing. I guess it could be “The REAL UT bowl”. Besides the relationship and history our states will always have, I’ve also felt like the 2 programs are very similar except that Texas has more money. I’ve kinda always felt like natives of Tennessee and Texas have more state pride than natives of any other state.

Reactions: LittleVol
During one of the SEC expansion periods, the idea of Texas joining the conference was briefly floated. But Texas had its on TV contract and it didn't make finsncial sense for them. I don't know how serious that was but it would be awesome for sports. Imagine if instead of Mizzou and Arkansas we had gotten Texas and Florida State in the conference.

Reactions: LittleVol
Texas is one of my favorite teams outside the SEC.
With Sark there, I see them going 12-0, 11-1 or 10-2 occasionally. But most 12-0 or 11-1, with them and OU trading victories every other year.

If they owned In-State, and cherry pickes Louisiana, Arizona, and California then they should be set for as long as Sark coaches there.

I would love to play them every 5 years.

I would agree with you on, Sam, but he was playing hurt all year long. I hate using that excuse. He severely regresses this past season. I think Tom had a lot to do with that and his inaccuracy on deep balls this year was very odd. Something happened.
He will go down as the most beloved QB in Texas history, but you’re right. He’s not the third best.
Reminds me a ton of Jake Frohm from UGA.
I don't mean to knock him. He was a real competitor regardless. Now that kid that came in after him during the Alamo Bowl looked like a future stud. Sark is going to put up big numbers with that kid.

I’ve kinda always felt like natives of Tennessee and Texas have more state pride than natives of any other state.

Clearly you have no friends from Alaska. In addition to being more enlightened (weed is legal), we have better skiing, hunting, fishing, and surfing. And moooooooose bbq.

Also, we can fit both of your states into one of our counties. No offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWright39
Clearly you have no friends from Alaska. In addition to being more enlightened (weed is legal), we have better skiing, hunting, fishing, and surfing. And moooooooose bbq.

Also, we can fit both of your states into one of our counties.
One of the only states I'd considering going back to to live.

Reactions: DWright39

Also, we can fit both of your states into one of our counties.
I’m friends with a family that is originally from Alaska. Absolutely great people. The state is off the scale beautiful. I’m a private pilot as a hobby and I admire the flying culture. It seems like you aren’t a functioning man or woman up there if you can’t fly an airplane. This skinny man don’t do the cold well though lol

Reactions: SockeyeVol
Under the following conditions

1. Admit BBQ doesnt go Moo
2. Admit our shade of orange is better
3. Admit we are the real UT

Actually, we were real close to playing a few years back but you all backed out of Liberty Bowl matchup (and Butch/Hart subsequently backdoored us to Gator Bowl)
I'm with Texas on this

Considering that we will potentially hire Herman....
A winner in a very weak conference, but not very successful in the mighty big 8. And in a state with plentiful high school football prospects.
Herman seems like what we've hired lately. Coaches unproven in major college football.

VN Store

Back