Utah State just won the New Mexico Bowl.

So beating Kentucky and Vandy was bigger than beating a 10 win team just because they are in the SEC?

Yes. There are few exceptions every year where beating them would mean more than winning vs SEC. For example this year Oregon, FSU, Ohio State would have been bigger, but that's about it.

Reactions: 1 person
I sure hope O'l Butch can use "patchwork orange" on the Vol offensive line and somehow, some way, beat Iowa and actually have a winning season for a change.
7-6 sounds so much better than 6-7

I would rank our wins this season as:

1. South Carolina
2. Utah State
3. Kentucky
4. Vandy (they suck, but they played well in this game and we were missing a ton of players)
5. Arkansas State
6. UTC

I would put Vandy 2nd because Tennessee broke a two game losing streak.

I would rank our wins this season as:

1. South Carolina
2. Utah State
3. Kentucky
4. Vandy (they suck, but they played well in this game and we were missing a ton of players)
5. Arkansas State
6. UTC

Wow, in a way it looks like the Vol's really haven't beaten anyone of significance, but then again, they are close....
Get er done Butch

Last edited:
People give Utah State too much credit. I've lived in Logan and Salt Lake for about 5 years now and the Mountain West Conference is just god awful.

10 wins against equal talent is always impressive.

If you say so. I frankly couldn't believe how many people thought it would be a close game. I still can't believe how many people think beating them like a drum was some kind of accomplishment.

I will say coaches who can win at USU are probably pretty decent. Recruiting kids to Logan who aren't mormon is a serious accomplishment.

Good lord people need to stop with this stuff. The fact that they won their bowl against a kraptastic team does not in any way reflect on UT.

There is not a single recruit out there that was like.. "HEY, Utah st won and UT beat them.. maybe I should take another look at Tennessee".

Sorry, but it just isn't going to happen..

In fact, I really think that you made the correlation between the two just so you would have something to start a thread about...just sayin

If you say so. I frankly couldn't believe how many people thought it would be a close game. I still can't believe how many people think beating them like a drum was some kind of accomplishment.

I will say coaches who can win at USU are probably pretty decent. Recruiting kids to Logan who aren't mormon is a serious accomplishment.

Soooo, the conference sucks and winning 10 games in the conference isn't impressive...

But a coach who can win at USU IS impressive?

Makes sense.

Reactions: 6 people

If Utah State played an SEC slate, they'd go winless if they didn't draw Vandy on the schedule.

Utah State upset a Top 25 BYU team

Soooo, the conference sucks and winning 10 games in the conference isn't impressive...

But a coach who can win at USU IS impressive?

Makes sense.

It's a big deal for USU to win 10 conference games, and it does say something about the ability of their head coach when they are fighting a pretty uphill recruiting battle. Nevertheless, those wins have absolutely zero bearing on how "good" of a win they are for Tennessee or any other major conference opponent.

USU steals the occasional rivalry win against their in-state opponents (e.g. U of U in 2012 and BYU more recently), but even there they lose way more than they win. When they start consistently trading wins with those two or manage to beat any other major OOC opponent they play they'll become a decent win.

I don't think anything can beat that Missouri vs Georgia game earlier this season. That game was epically bad! The only thing that could have made that worse is if Missouri could have somehow gotten negative points.

I don't think anything can beat that Missouri vs Georgia game earlier this season. That game was epically bad! The only thing that could have made that worse is if Missouri could have somehow gotten negative points.

Yep, & this guy is still scratching his head!

Attachments

• GA fan with bulldog skull.jpg
    GA fan with bulldog skull.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back