Vandy is all that matters (and signing day)

( and signing day ) That’s the L I’m worried about taking after last night. I’ve only seen one negative tweet about one of the linebackers out of Georgia having “ doubt” now.
I don't worry about the recruits because it's Pruitt's first season. This will actually help if they want to play early. Pruitt has already showed them his potential as a HC by beating AU and KY.

Reactions: MoodyVol
Most recruits can see that we weren't out coached yesterday and that's the key. Pruitt has the right coaches. He just needs the right players.

Most recruits can see that we weren't out coached yesterday and that's the key. Pruitt has the right coaches. He just needs the right players.

We recruiting visually challenged kids? Everybody could see that we were out coached by a mile last night.

Vandy played Missouri tough I believe a 5 point loss and they had the ball going in to win as time expired. We are terrible don't expect to win but we shall see.
Tennessee also only scored 14 points against Charlotte and everyone chalked up the Kentucky game as a sure loss. How did that work out?

This will be the last year that Mizzou beats us for at least 5 years. And yes, you can joyfully remind me of this next season and for at least 4 more after that.

Do you believe in Aliens, if you don't, you should*

Have very few on this board ever built anything? You just don’t say “I’m going to build a buisiness, car, house, a football team, (mostly from parts that others wouldn’t use), and have success”, this thing needs a rebuild and it will take a little time. Who knows if UT beats Vandy.
Some one claimed that if UT didn’t beat UF they would go 0-8 in the SEC.
I’ll watch the game next week just like I’ve watched the other games this year, happy to see my favorite team play, happier to see them win against the odds. After all, this year has already gone pretty much as expected.
I decided to build a house flipping business earlier this year. Bought a house in April and went to work. Didn’t expect to replace the roof and subfloor. Finally got the floor finished then the neighborhood flooded, ruining the finished floor. Had someone come in to fix that and they found that the subfloor had to be redone. Several other things had to be redone. I’ve changed subcontractors multiple times. Had to borrow more money. It’s been very messy and we haven’t sold the house yet.

Building a business is hard. I’m sure building a football program is too. Real life isn’t like building a dynasty on NCAA Football 2004. Things don’t go as planned. You just have to do your best, seek wisdom, and move forward the best way you know how. Even if you do everything right, things can go wrong. Sometimes you just need good luck. That and perseverance.

I think Pruitt will persevere. Jury is still out on me 😂

As weird as it seems, Vandy has more athletes than we do.

If I was handicapping it, I would make Vandy an 8 point favorite....(assuming JG plays).

Vols can't stop any team that has balance. Vandy is balanced and confident they can beat us. Not only are we a physically weak team , we're mentally weak as well. I'm about ready to see the mean side of Pruitt, he's been too damn nice.

He has been nice? I remember a helmet being pulled and him in a players face because he wasn’t paying attention to him.

You know, I honestly don't believe this opinion, and I know it's on here quite a bit. You can generally tell HOW a team plays, even if they lose the game. Fuente's first game at Memphis, they lost to UT Martin, but you 100% could tell that the team was better prepared than they had been previously. I think it's possible to be better and still lose, and for the fans to realize this.

It's one thing to expect Pruitt to come in here and beat a bunch of SEC teams with a down roster. But it's not too much to field a competitive, improving team. The question is, has he done that? Idk. The upset of Auburn was encouraging (I don't care what people say, beating Kentucky wasn't an upset, but a nice win). But you have to wonder why we've been completely non-competitive in so many games. I knew from the beginning that buffoon Jones was not the guy. I truly don't feel like I know anymore about Pruitt than I did when the season began.
We’ve been non competitive in 5 games. 4 of them against the #1,5,9, and 13 ranked team in the last playoff rankings. What did you expect for a team that won 4 games last year? I don’t understand. The Missouri game was bad sure. We are a bi polar team sure. Guess what? Most bad and young teams are. This isn’t rocket science. We are a bad football team. It takes time. Get over it

As weird as it seems, Vandy has more athletes than we do.

If I was handicapping it, I would make Vandy an 8 point favorite....(assuming JG plays).

8 points seems reasonable and I could see it stretching to like 9.5.

Made me queasy typing that but that's where the Vols are as a program.

It is what it is. Vandy is superior to us at this point. Sad. I can’t see us stopping Shurmur unless we knock him out of the game. I am steeling myself for another loss and hoping recruiting will finish strong.

I decided to build a house flipping business earlier this year. Bought a house in April and went to work. Didn’t expect to replace the roof and subfloor. Finally got the floor finished then the neighborhood flooded, ruining the finished floor. Had someone come in to fix that and they found that the subfloor had to be redone. Several other things had to be redone. I’ve changed subcontractors multiple times. Had to borrow more money. It’s been very messy and we haven’t sold the house yet.

Building a business is hard. I’m sure building a football program is too. Real life isn’t like building a dynasty on NCAA Football 2004. Things don’t go as planned. You just have to do your best, seek wisdom, and move forward the best way you know how. Even if you do everything right, things can go wrong. Sometimes you just need good luck. That and perseverance.

I think Pruitt will persevere. Jury is still out on me 😂

I have faith in you brother!

Annnnnd you nailed it.

Vandy will be favored and they should be. If we can’t get consistent pressure on Shurmur he will beat us and we didn’t hardly get any pressure on Lock. Shurmur isn’t Lock but he’s good enough. Vandy’s also got a pretty good RB in Vaughn.
Vaughn is much better than “pretty good” imo. He’s one of the top 4-5 backs in this conference imo. Certainly better than any rb on our roster by a long shot. He may run for 200 yards against our bad defense if he touches it enough. And you’re spot on about Shurmur....he’s torched us each of the last two years, and there’s no reason to think he won’t do it again on Saturday

The season will be very successful with a victory over Vanderbilt. The tale of the tape this year was learning how to beat KY and Vandy again. That was the most important job of this coaching staff when they arrived. It's a measure of how far we have fallen that Missouri has trucked us more often than not since their arrival in the SEC (and I hate it) but it doesn't matter considering the real goals of the season. We've been wildly inconsistent which was to be expected. CJP took a team with anti-development, a team where the love of the game had been coached out of them, and has a chance to bring them back to .500 football and a bowl game. He's had some big wins this year that he shouldn't have had. The orange shoots of recovery have been visible. The CJP freshman class is performing. CJP has to beat Vandy and he has to show that he and his staff can recruit like heck especially at positions of need. Next Saturday and signing day are all that matters now.

Agree. My expectations were 5-7 with 6-6 a pleasant surprise. After the Florida loss I feared 4-8 was more likely but CJP turned it around against Kentucky and Auburn. We are well capable of beating vandy, but it's going to be a war. Hope CJP gets them fired up like they were for Kentucky.

As for Missouri, their 5-2 record against us is very deceiving. Their five wins include Dooley's last year, when we had our worst D since 1896 (so effectively worst ever), Butch's first year when we had two walk-ons in the two deep of the DB and our fastest defensive player ran a 4.6 at the NFL combine, and last year when the team had given up.

Those are three historically bad Vol teams and that hopefully will never happen again. Additionally they beat us in Butch's second year by a relatively narrow margin, but actually had a really good team that year that won the East.

But back to my point, if you flip the three historically bad years, we would be 5-2 against them and not vice versa.

The only reason the Vols were able to beat Kentucky, is because they lost to Georgia the week before and it cost them a trip to Atlanta. Last week, Kentucky felt like they had nothing to play for. Similar to the Auburn game! So I guess you can give Pruitt credit for being able to take advantage of teams when they are down.

Going against a motivated Vandy with a bowl trip on the line, will not end well for the Vols. As far as national signing day goes, it will probably be similar to last year with Pruitt signing a lot of three star players with four star hearts and ten-cent brains!
Your moniker suits you, sir.

Vandy almost beat Missouri - I watched the game which went to the last play. I also watched Vandy beat OLe Miss Saturday and they looked pretty good to me. They have a better QB and tight end and their secondary is better than us. I hope we can play with some emotion and effort and win the game, but I really doubt it. After all , remember how many times Butch Jones managed to lose even though he had the better players most of those games. This Tn team is comfortable with losing and just going thru the motions. The wins vs Ky and Auburn were aberrations . Many of these players lack pride in what that Orange jersey means to students and former players, IMO. PS - If JG could read a blitz from his blind side, he wouldnt get killed 3-4 times a game. Why hasn't he learned this basic fact? Does he like pain or is the coaching poor?

We recruiting visually challenged kids? Everybody could see that we were out coached by a mile last night.
Very much disagree with you here. The talent gap between our lines and their lines was staggering. Not a lot you can do in this game, no matter who you are, if your offensive and defensive lines are overmatched in just about every game.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back